The Captive (I) (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language and some violence|
Sex & Nudity
- A man and woman sit on a couch watching TV. They both are dressed, however, the woman's bare leg is resting in the man's lap. They kiss. Nothing more happens as the scene changes right away.
- A detective applies for a job in a new department in the police, and is made to watch a video clip of children being harmed to see if he can withstand the description of the job in protecting innocent children. Although there is nothing shown or heard in the movie for us to see or hear, the detective makes it abundantly clear from what he watches that he is sickened by what goes on in these circles.
- The plot revolves around finding kidnappers and sexual predators.
- No sex or nudity is depicted, but cops discuss pedophiles often and in detail. It is revolting and highly disturbing
- Nothing, but pedophiles are discussed.
Violence & Gore
- A character is seen locked a van.
- A man punches another man in the face, knocking him over.
- A car is rammed and shot at.
- Near the end, multiple people are shot.
- There is quite a few f**k, a few uses of s**t and other minor swear words.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One character is shot with a dart gun that forces him to fall asleep because of the effect of the drug induced in him.
- One character is drugged through being spiked in their drink. It becomes apparent after ten minutes that they are incoherent because of the effect of the drug. Alcohol is also seen during a conference where there are people drinking wine at tables.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Young girl is kidnapped. The story of young children being abducted is the main storyline. Intense scenes of parents coming to terms of their children's disappearances. Children are kept locked in basements and forced to do petty activities for their kidnappers.
Sex & Nudity
- In a short scene, the young girl who was kidnapped is now eight years older from when she was first taken. (18 yrs old). She asks the kidnapper, who is a pedophile if there is any point in her being there now, as she is "not a child anymore" and has passed on from that stage of life.