Remember (2012) Poster

(I) (2012)

terrible horrible unimaginative story
Filmstv Andlife12 September 2015
I couldn't watch this film the first 20 mins were pure torture. A lot of low budget films are great, this one however IS NOT great at all.

The acting is terrible from some parties, the effects were ridiculously bad and not in a good way ie. dr who plungers and egg beaters kinda way.

The story line is not interesting and is really very outdated and one of those, it's really never going to happen type scenarios because its so damn stupid.

We ran out of working aged people? Ridiculous is in reality they would just import labor from elsewhere and there are so many non dystopian ending ways to deal with this problem that the entire premise of this so called sci fi is beyond ridiculous and clearly lacks any kind of imagination on behalf of the writer (s?).

If I could vote zero I would.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote!
Copied to clipboardCopy link
Simply "an" horrible movie.
tocv19 September 2015
I could get past the fact that the technology 35 years in the future has the same menu interface from a 1990's era PDA. We have had the ability to project an image on walls or other surfaces for some time now. We can also manipulate the projected images with technology available 5 years ago. I could get past the fact that Equilibrium already did this type of movie and had much better production values... in 2002. I could get past the fact that two of the kids looked back and forth to the camera when reciting the "pillars of society". I could even get over the fact that between 08:57 - 09:00 you can clearly see both the camera's and camera man's reflection in the glare from the "futuristic" glass- the same kind used in schools since the 1950's.

What I cannot get over is that from 09:04 - 09:05 the CGI malfunctioned (?) as did the blue color filter used in the film. You are stuck watching the kids talking at a blank yellow wall, and can even see the child acting coach standing camera left. Then a moment later and CGI is back, the acting coach disappears, and blue color tone returns. This was my first time watching the "film" on a small TV screen. How did I catch these problems and the production team did not? I could not get past the 10 minute mark.

Oh and am I the only one to notice the only positive reviews coming from the same town in Canada where the film was produced. Interesting.......
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote!
Very impressed
Liam Lewandowski14 October 2012
This is, quite frankly, an incredibly impressive film. For a full-length movie that was released just over a year after initial script writing and with a budget of $4,000 it's amazing that so much of it seems professional. The design is great, costumes are very well done, and the sets and special effects are surprisingly convincing. The main actors do a phenomenal job and they communicate their message without seeming didactic. There are some minor flaws, including some scenes with poor sound quality due to crunching snow, and some additional editing could have made the show move along a little quicker. But once you are into the show it really is quite amazing, especially for a B movie! If you enjoy independent films, enjoy a post-apocalyptic/political genre, and/or are looking for a appropriate film for a church event, this is an excellent choice.
6 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote!
Copied to clipboardCopy link
An action movie that challenges our values on what is family.
norm-weatherhead16 October 2012
I was greatly impressed with how well this movie was able to first catch your attention with the issues they raise, and then captivate your attention as it leads to a dramatic climax that will keep you wondering how it will all work out in the end. The main actors did an excellent job. You could see the change of character as it progressed along in a believable way. And I thought all the kids did a terrific job for their parts. I especially liked little Helen who grabbed your heart as she longed for her parents and then was finally reunited with them. I recommend this movie for all viewers and especially for families to see it together. Good job to Greg and Dallas, and all the actors and others who made this film possible.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote!
Copied to clipboardCopy link
Great Sci-fi movie, with family values.
BornActor14 October 2012
Remember is one of those movies you watch, where you wonder how the filmmakers were able to make it on such a low budget. This movie was made with only a budget of 4000 dollars, but you wouldn't know it from watching it. It rivals those of the Hollywood blockbusters!

Remember is the story of Carl, a man working for the CPA (Child Protection Agency, protecting children from adults, who may attempt to break free from societies 'status-quo', to reunite with their children. After a series of traumatic events, Carl starts to question that status-quo.

Although there are some sound issues, this is a great movie, with traditional family values. The superb cast, lead by Justin Lewis, does a wonderful job, in all aspects.

I recommend everyone to watch this movie! I would give it 8 out 10 stars!
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote!
Extremely impressed
jillonajourney15 October 2012
I watch movies a lot (too much probably) and I have to say I was extremely impressed. I was so blown away by how good this was - not only the filming and story line but also the acting. Quite a few moments in the film really made you think - and in some ways a bit too close to home for realness as any good science fiction with an intent to provoke thought will do. There were a few favorite moments in the movie but I enjoyed the cinnamon bun scene (the actors were very natural in this moment so that you believed they were truly a couple in real life) and the 'screaming' scene (causing laughter not inducing fear...just explaining without spoiler). Get the DVD end enjoy the bonus of all the Special Features included! And the obvious next question is...what's the next movie?
4 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote!
Indie sci-fi from Canada
Leofwine_draca6 December 2017
REMEMBER is an indie sci-fi flick that hails from Canada. The story is dry and boring and about a government official working in a dystopian totalitarian future in which families are separated by the state. Said official decides to right things by rebelling against the system. Basically, this is a complete rip-off of the Hollywood flick EQUILIBRIUM, made on a fraction of the budget and with none of the interest.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote!