Men in Black: International (2019) Poster

Mehwomen in Black
MovieBinger22 July 2019
The moment Liam said the line I knew he was the bad guy lol. Can't judge a movie by reviews as I thought it was going to be bad but was actually quite entertaining. Chris wasn't that much of a bumbling dummy like most of the movies have made him which was relief for once. Tessa was a good character but as Hollywood does with female leads is they tend too be to perfect with no flaws or weaknesses. I know I know but come on. Anyway besides that the story was a little weak and was also sad that they didn't acknowledge the past MIB agents or anything related to them.
129 out of 183 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A new hire, "MARY SUE" who instantly knows everything and solves all the clues.
adaringdo-114 June 2019
OK, basically a woman wants to join MIB because as a 9 year old she sees a baby alien and two men in black show up and use a neuralizer on her parents' memory. The movie has nice effects, music, and action. STORY: Twenty-two years later she finds the MIB home base, talks her way into being a probationary agent and in a few hours solves the case by finding EVERY clue while the male agents stand around with their mouths open, make mistake after mistake, and Agent H (Hemsworth) is worse than useless. He is totally incompetent and the other agents keep asking why he was never fired. SUPER WOMEN: Finally, in the end, another FEMALE agent shows up and makes Hemsworth the boss for no reason I can see. All he did was watch a MARY SUE, who from the first minute knows everything, every weapon, every device, and is instantly best buds with every alien she encounters. The moment Agent "M" steps off the elevator, she is never shocked by what she encounters, or surprised, or at a loss for words or actions. The entire MIB agency (other than techs) could just close down and let her run the show. She is the PERFECT SOCIAL JUSTICE SUPER WOMAN.
544 out of 841 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie but felt slightly off
reyazahamed-245962 August 2019
Even though it is a good movie but it definitely didn't feel like a MIB movie ..... It lacked the basic essence of MIB..... Especial without Will Smith...
72 out of 104 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perhaps The Worst MIB Movie Ever
ymyuseda24 June 2019
Rating 4.5/10 Perhaps the worst MIB movie ever. Slow,mess and weak !! Good effect but very lousy story. The greatest thing i can never forget is Chris Hemsworth a.k.a Agent H. Because he so handsome. Please dont waste your money on this film.
573 out of 925 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Forgot what made it successful
chip-heads12 June 2019
The original 97 film is a classic. It was well written and acted. It knew exactly what it was and that made it great. The sequels were more CGI action than writing. More convoluted plots and more 'hey look who is in this movie' stuff. This installment is no different. Loud CGI fest with a story that is so all over the place it doesn't know what it is. I think with a better writer/director and less actiony stuff this could have been a decent film. After 112 min, I was left still wondering what the heck was happening and why.
546 out of 888 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fan of this series but disappointed with story line
satyamhcr8 August 2019
I loved the whole movie specially Chris he really changed after avengers series but I guess there's need to work out more on the plot and I miss will Smith really I wish he could be the part of this series to be honest
100 out of 155 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Men in Black franchise
kosmasp1 August 2019
So two of the main Thor characters star in this and you can tell they have chemistry together. You should also be able to tell that this is a light affair. A movie that does not aim for excellence, but just is there to entertain you. Chris Hemsworth does, what Chris Hemsworth - well is known for. Being the funny and flirty guy who's good looking.

If you lower your expectations (if you even had any) and don't expect this to be anything else than it actually is, you'll have fun. There is a weird cameo of a German soccer/football star in it - not sure if they have different cameos in different countries, but I wonder if other viewers will be stunned or irritated if not. Whatever the case, the movie is light and fun and you should treat it as such
100 out of 155 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More of the same - so all good
thekarmicnomad1 September 2019
This time around the members of the titular organisation have to stop some aliens from doing some stuff or destroying the world or something.

A big portion of this movie is concerned with quirky aliens, cheesy jokes, high-tech gadgets and explosions. So, pretty much the same as the previous ones.

A lot of money has been chucked at this so the production and performances are predictably high The story is rubbish but I was expecting that.

This is a fun family movie with action and some jokes and some dazzling good effects.

This movie has received some bad ratings saying that it isn't as good as the first one. They are right, but that is to be expected for a third sequel. The first two films pretty much exhausted all the hidden alien jokes but this does what it can.

This is unlikely to win any Oscars or have a profound impact on the rest of your life. But to kill a coupe of hours this does just fine.
31 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointed is an understatement
ghbrown-0012314 June 2019
I so badly wanted this movie to be good. I love Men in Black, I love the Marvel movies and Chris Hemsworth as Thor, I loved Tessa Thompson in Thor: Ragnorak. I was so very excited for this movie and ended up leaving during the third act. From the very beginning this movies pacing is awful. Who thought casting two dancers as the "villains" was a good idea? They were boring and had about 2-3 lines throughout the whole film. They didn't put much emphasis on the international aspect of the movie. They were kind of just like "Hey we're in Paris, okay now we're in Morraco, now we're in the dessert, back to Paris. Hemsworth tried his hardest to carry this film but every joke he tries to bounce off of Tessa's "Agent M" falls horribly flat. They made him a stuge despite supposedly being the best agent in his division. I got real bad Ghostbusters (2016) vibes from this. Also women have been in the "Men in Black" series since the beginning so the repetitive "Women/People/Humans in Black" jokes get real stale real quick and I believe will not age well with the movie. I really could go on and on about what upset me with this movie as I'm a huge fan of the first 3 films (the original being the best obviously). This one just really let me down and I wish they had just let the Men and Black franchise rest.
287 out of 482 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
PC, bland and unpopular
samyoung-8264814 June 2019
First off, this movie is politically correct (you've been warned). For example, there's a spiel about "people in black" (you mean like "girl power", or is that different?). There's plenty of the usual "reverse sexism" (but let's just call it sexism for what it is). Hemsworth seems big on these type of movies. Ok, this is the second "girl power" movie from Sony (after their Ghostbusters that the mainstream media loved but nobody else did). This time around, not even the media like this movie, despite the movie being politically correct. The real issue is that the movie is too focussed on trying to be the first MiB, but failing because its too politically correct and too focussed on sfx, so, the actors take second fiddle to social agendas and green screens. Sadly, despite solid acting chops from Hemsworth, Neeson and Emma Thompson, their performances are mediocre and the leading actress (Tessa Thompson) just doesn't have the chops to carry a movie like this (she's no Will Smith). Summary: Not suitable for my children to watch (due to inconsistent and heavy focus on sex politics). Not worth watching because of the mediocre performances all around.
544 out of 940 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
MIB review
paraskevibirbili4 September 2019
I enjoyed the movie a lot. The storyline was interesting even though it was kind of obvious that agent High T was the mole. The characters were well-written and the actors did an amazing job. The visual effects could be improved but they didn't bother me that much. I totally recommend it.
13 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
As expected
lucas_mrz26 July 2019
This movie is not very different from the previous of this saga: a fast paced action movie with some humor (good and bad) and aliens. If you are looking anything else, then why are you watching a MIB movie? This movie delivers exactly what you would expect from it, and I believe it's worth watching.

It's not the best MIB movie, but certainly doesn't deserve the hate it's getting.
59 out of 96 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watchable
midwesternhooligans29 August 2019
This movie is very safe not to bad not too good. It gets a 7 from me because while it is a bit bland, whats there did not lose my attention! Agent M was interesting and could easily hold up this movie. Though I wish we could step just a little bit back from the "Men in Black" and peel away at the alien societies on earth. G-men don't normally make for the most interesting characters which is why the first MIN movies have a more outsider kind of agent stepping into a very ridge system (Agent J). Our new boy Agent H while charming doesn't quite replace Agent J; however, he's different enough that I don't mind.
14 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Want My Money Back!!!
adriangruse14 July 2019
I Want My Money Back!!!My dear Thor, why this fiasco of a movie?...and Liam N, please don't do that again...
40 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great family fun
kcnirvana_us19 June 2019
I don't like how everyone is canning this movie. Now this is all personal opinion, but I think everyone's issue is that it's not the original cast, or that it's not over the top r-rated humor. That's not what these movies were meant to be. This movie is great fun for the family. Kids and adults alike will love it! don't pay any attention to reviews that bash it, most that do probably haven't even seen it anyways. Go see it & judge for yourself. An enjoyable 90-minute romp.
135 out of 235 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Rated Abit Higher to Balance the Stats
The MIB franchise revived; MIB is themed for the younger audiences and has a very mystifying vibe to it and this movie has just been able to maintain that. Story Lines never are a strong point for MIB but this one was just on point radiating all that imaginative plethora.

The casting cocktail could have been better but Chris Hemsworth won the show!
123 out of 213 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Regained original movie fun.
Rutaguer196928 August 2019
A movie which doesn't stumble like previous attempts and creates a storyline worth telling. Funny, engaging and full of action. Welcome back, MIB.
26 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Men In Black International brought back memories nice spin on the movie especially with Molly Agent M.
tomtalbotty26 August 2019
This movie even though I would agree it is not good as the original classic Men In Black Movies with Will Smith as the lead protagonist in. This brought back the franchise with a lovely funny spin to it especially having Molly (Agent M) played by Tessa Thompson was just so refreshing as the men in black agency are normally able to neuralyze everyone that seen anything that is out of the ordinary, nevertheless they missed out Molly who they thought was asleep in her bedroom as a kid. Molly setting out to find this secret agency twenty years later she hacks into a satellite then finds them after everyone thinks she is delusional, which she follows the Men In Black back to the New York Headquarters where she waltzes in through the front door that I thought is hilarious. Having Chris Hemsworth as Agent H (Harry) is so funny as he is kind of your average joker does not care what everyone thinks that does do what he wants when he wants, compared to Molly Agent M played by Tessa Thompson really keeps everything serious and logical while having a laugh from time to time. The random flirtations between the two is just nice to see really does gives Molly Agent M taking control in these flirtations interactions as she is a strong independent woman that knows what she wants and she knows exactly what she is doing, then Agent H (Harry) is much more of a flirtier protagonist that just wings it into action than logically thinks about what he is doing like Molly Agent M does when jumping into any kind of action with danger in. Pawny is just great an Alien who is just as well a bit of a joker he is also very kind and loyal towards his friends especially Molly his queen as he calls her. This movie is great to watch I hope they bring more Men In Black movies in the future as it is starting to show more equality with feminism, which I love that Women can be powerful protagonists too in these films not just your typical damsel in distress. This gives more opportunities to actors where the stories can run wilder becoming less predictable with more of a Gen Z way of life projected across films.
41 out of 65 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Pretty horrible
hilarylang30 June 2019
Alright, buckle in for this messy ramble of a review. At 1:00 AM, I tried to explain the entire movie to my sister, and in doing this, I realized that the world needs to know this information. I'll just get this out, right away. I hated the movie. I feel like the only reason I stayed was because I came there with a friend. Now, this is coming from someone who loves to watch bad movies for a good laugh. The Bee Movie may be awful, but at least you have fun watching it. MIB International was not even that. It somehow managed to be boring and cringy. Overall, it was just intolerable. Okay, I should probably get into specifics. 1.Dialogue and Acting I can't say for sure if all these actors are bad actors. Actually, I know that the main roles are pretty good actors, so it really comes down to the actual dialogue. None of the dialogue sounds natural in any way. I can think of several lines of dialogue that makes me want to claw out my eyes and plug my ears with them. But for time sake, I won't point them out. 2.Characters Now I know that Mary Sue is a dead term, but honestly it's probably the only term to describe Agent M. She's supposed to be a super cool chick, who's also edgy, but also clumsy, but also quirky. She just doesn't really have much to her. Moving onto Agent H, whom I hate even more. The character trope that they try to achieve is "Lovable jerk" which isn't an inherently bad trope. A lot of writers can pull it off and create some of my favorite characters. However, they wrote him horribly. And finally, Pawny. Whom of course, I hate the most. It's like they tried to create their own minion, and Minions still did it better. He's supposed to be the comic relief pet creature thing. It's done horribly. Everything he did, made me want to leave the theater. They all were supposed to be funny, yet none of them were. And I'm saying that as a person who occasionally laughs at fart jokes. I don't have a sophisticated sense of humor. It just wasn't funny. It was more cringy than anything. 3.Conclusion Overall, great movie. 10/10
206 out of 368 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great fun for those who wants to be entertained
rastko-mekic23 July 2019
It's fun, it's full of really great special effects and with good cast. It's not like the others MiB, this one is simply fresh and I like it. I wanted fun and I got it.

I don't know what you expect from this kind of movie when you give low rating and really bad review. Don't believe reviews. Ones who gave bad reviews were not in good mood.
162 out of 286 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun and entertaining
ostrovskydanielbackup25 August 2019
Seriously, I don't understand why there's so much criticism piled up on the movie. Arguably, it's weaker than the Smith-Jones trilogy when it comes to chemistry between the main characters and the humor is somewhat stale at times, but the movie is pretty good by itself. The main purpose it serves is to entertain and "International" is honest about it - just don't have ridiculously high expectations.
23 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
10 out of 7
mclamb-17 September 2019
Since when was Men In Black some sort of Oscar movie? It's about fun and special effects and why not have new actors. With all due respect to Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, your need new actors. The newbies did great. I hope they make another. Get the popcorn buttered up for the next and think do you want Adam West or Michael Keaton (as good as they were) as Batman forever? Hell no!
17 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ignore old farts who can't move on!
mjlobby12316 June 2019
I am over 50 so remember the originals. Loved the concept back then but the films were always mediocre. Took our 9 and 10 yr olds and all 4 of us loved this. Proper storyline, great comedy and wipes the floor with the originals. Too many Will Smith fans and stuck up 'professionals' giving poor reviews because they can't face the fact this is a better film.
123 out of 214 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I fell asleep
mitchellg-9706627 June 2019
I love Tessa Thompson and Chris Hemsworth, I was stoked to see this movie. Unfortunately it was too dull to keep me awake in an uncomfortable theatre chair. Poor acting, bad jokes, and little action made this the worst movie I've seen (or not seen since I fell asleep) in 2019. Don't waste your time and money.
60 out of 99 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent movie
mathewh-742136 August 2019
I thought the movie was unreal. Not only did they still make it so realistic like other MIB movies but it was well executed. Having Chris Hemsworth as the main character put a lot of interest in the movie
81 out of 137 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.