Men in Black: International (2019) Poster

1,122 Reviews
I don't get why people hate this ????
blazaroo9 July 2020
I just watched this show after putting it off because of the bad reviews. But I'm actually glad I finally did. It's a fun family movie!! What else do you guys want ??? The chemistry between Chris and Tessa is actually genuinely funny and pleasant to the eyes. And the scene where they showed a picture of agent K and J killing the giant cockroach. That was paying respect to the original men in black, and I loved that. This a a fresh new take on the men in black universe and I'd love to see Chris and Tessa return if they ever make another one. Don't listen to the negative reviews and just watch this with an open mind and I can assure you will enjoy this movie. Very underrated.
97 out of 139 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it!
liviapro1 August 2020
I was so reluctant to watch this because of all the bad reviews. I finally did and I don't regret it at all: this is a great movie, so entertaining! I really don't get all the bad reviews - I guess it's a matter of expectations? Expect a Man in Black type of movie - with the matching humor, special effects and funky aliens - and you won't be disappointed!
77 out of 109 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Never look at the 5.6 average because it's a lot better.
robert-701-2442022 December 2019
If you comparing this movie to the Will Smith/Tommy Lee Jones series you will be greatly disappointed. This is a new beginning. Very entertaining in its own right and the chemistry between Agent M and Agent H works pretty well. It also has all the great cgi you would expect in a MIB movies.
84 out of 121 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent family movie
alanizfam25 December 2019
This movie had lots of laughs it was interesting action all the way 10 stars!!!!
90 out of 132 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great fun, humour and action.
karengoodman26 April 2020
First film I have reviewed. This film is really good, I was expecting worse due to the reviews I had heard but its great.
93 out of 137 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
makes you laugh
patriciakey-714887 November 2019
I love this film makes me laugh and i love looking at chris hemsworth
75 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Joy
jelencesb25 October 2020
Yes! This movie was a complete joy for me and I cant believe it. I have not enjoyed sci fi be it drama, action, comedy or not, since I was a child. But decided to give this a chance only because of Tessa. Turned out I was wrong not to expect a very good movie from start till the end. Because it was an awesome ride!
48 out of 68 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
absolutely loved it
paularc-5778425 April 2020
Very witty and full of fun and excitement is what it's meant to be
85 out of 126 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great movie, like the others, excellent cast
crystaldstarkey10 February 2020
I have no idea why this MIB is getting hit so bad in the ratings. It is funny, action packed, and has an excellent cast.
83 out of 123 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than the average score it has
ashlingleonard15 February 2020
Need to balance the reviews, solid 7.5 not sure why all the hate. So much better than Will Smith
81 out of 120 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Exciting , Humourous & Intricate ๐Ÿ”ฅ Enough . . But If You Can't Handle Icky ๐Ÿ‘ฝ & - { Phenomenally } - " Real " Feeling Aliens . . . Then This is Most Definitely Not ๐Ÿ”ฅ For You
A d.v.d { - Micro - } Review .

I honestly think it is { Entirely } Possible that the Average, Randomly Sampled movie-goer has a profoundly " Limited " Appreciation For The " Collossal ๐ŸŒ  " level of { Work } that goes into a picture on this scale... from "Goliath Coordination Challenges", to ( nothing short of ) "Prolific" achievements in Special Effects Creation, to the { - Zillions - } of 'Man-hours' of C.G.I required to create a "truly impressive, Veritable 'Secret Megaverse' of Aliens rampantly proliferating Earth" ( as per the film's long established storyline ).... & " All - Points - In - Between " .

In my earnest bid to understand this generally { Very Fun ๐Ÿ˜โ•} movie's Very undeservedly low IMDb scores , here are a few very well meaning - of Several, I should say - " Salient Points " I compiled especially for you... ( I certainly hope you find them Helpful ). 1 : { Do Not } compare this to past M.I.B.s, or you Will โญ be disappointed . Not to say that one or the other is 'better' ; but that is just the "nature of the beast", when it comes to comparisons with prior iterations of films. 2 : Chris Hemsworth's { Very Obviously } Dashing ๐Ÿ˜Ž 'Agent H' has likely come in for a hefty share of criticism for the way his character may have been seen to come across in the film . . . with many, many, many dedicated film lovers still - Entirely - picturing, { albeit semi consciously }, Hemsworth as the.. "Indomitable, Supremely Charismatic, Swashbuckling, Magic Hammer And Axe Wielding God Of Thunder " Thor ๐Ÿ’ฅ " from all those { Insanely } successful Avengers Films. Meaning that tons of viewers may ( well ) have been a bit Fazed, by the ( " Glaring " ) contrast presented by way of his persona as " H " . . . . depicted in M.I.B.I as a Party-animal, a 'Gigolo Of Sorts', & generally ..just... a bit 'Pompous And Ostentatious' - all around . But then again, and in all fairness . . . that is { - Exactly - } what the role entailed ๐Ÿ’กโ•.

3 : Look out for the quasi-comedic & just... truly " Phenomenal " ....major action sequence involving the characters 'M' , Pawny , 'H' , Riza and Luca . The editing - Reeeaaallllly - stands out : it is honestly that { Prolific ๐Ÿ’Ž } . Once you get a glimpse of all the nifty Cross-cutting involved, as well as the stunningly good fight choreography featuring a certain "Three Armed Alien" ( at the heart of this fairly sizeable and - Utterly Enthralling - scene ), you'll immediately understand what I'm talking about . It appears at a fairly late stage in the movie .

" Generously Feminist , Gloriously Diverse , & Decidedly Full Of Heart " ; The Film Gets An { - Unabashed - } 9 Marks Out Of 10 From Me . . . KUDOS โญโ—โ—.
116 out of 176 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
dont believe the bad reviews and rating, they re bought by the industry.
peteperl5 October 2019
This was a great Mib movie. I felt entertained like back in the day with will smith in the first one. Watched that with my brother and we bursted out in laughter more than a dozen times - while this being a scifi movie. Excellent character development, great actors and a spielberg that makes each moment in the movie a perfect one fitting in like a piece of puzzle. Great CGI . Just GREAT FUN. Would watch again.

As we all know, imdb being too important for the big studios allowing democratic movie rating, this is the first one where people were paid to downvote rather than upvote. At least that is my impression.
129 out of 197 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best MIB movie!
tom99231 October 2019
I don't understand the low score, this is a great movie! Ignore the bad reviews and watch this move!!
104 out of 157 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fresh
bevo-136782 April 2020
Shooting and fighting aliens and to mix things up a bit it's in a different location
86 out of 129 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This Movie Is Exactly Where It Needs To Be...
heatnation-4864612 October 2019
This movie can be seen as Men In Black 4. Even though Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones do not reprise their roles in this fourth instalment of the franchise, it clearly continues the story of what the MIB Organisation is as a whole.

The plot and the special effects both compliment each other. The acting is great and not over the top. The comedy is just enough to make you laugh as well as keeping the viewer interested and wanting more.

Do NOT listen to the negative reviews as they quite clearly expect more than what it is.

Take this movie for what it is and what it is... Is a family friendly movie with action and comedy in all the right places. It's a movie for the whole family to enjoy.

Don't take my word for it, watch it and enjoy it for yourself.
131 out of 202 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Woo, Woo, Woo! Tessa Thompson is so frickin sexy!
abbatevittorio8 December 2019
I admit it. I was a original fan of the MIB series from the 2000s (i was born in 2000), but now that i see this new chapter of the saga i'm going to say this was a great extravaganza with music, dance, funny scenes and also very sexy moments, Tessa Thompson included.

Men, this girl is so frickin sexy, with Naomi Scott, Gal Gadot, Kristen Stewart, and the other girls of the new cinema, and also a great actress. She use a bit of hotness for make better this movie, and you know what? I love a movie to see with funny, witty and cringe humor, but also comedy, no sad scenes and also funny characters, or secondary-type characters, for make more funny the movie.

Please, ignore all the negative critics that make the movie ''unwatchable'' and go to see MIB International. You won't be regreted, because, admit the truth, did you want to bed with Tessa Thompson or, even better, with Thompson and a sexy female alien?!
76 out of 114 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Entertainer
Supes90914 September 2019
Ignore the negative and sad case critics dragging the over all score down. This is a definite solid 10. Good story line with great effects. Don't be put off by the party poopers this is a great Popcorn entertainer!
166 out of 262 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A Fun Addition to The MIB Franchise
arothschild-586-9673358 September 2019
Let's get real here.

I'm tired of reviews that get too deep into technicalities or nuances.

From my perspective what counts is whether the film was enjoyable for those who chose to watch it.

Anyone who would watch this film should know of the MIB franchise and its storied cast of characters. You either kind of liked them or you didn't. They weren't great films so why would you expect this film to be one? So you shouldn't be disappointed.

I watched this film for fun and I am not embarrassed to say that I enjoyed it.

So if you want to watch a fun MIB film with an exciting new cast of characters, this may be your film.

I, for one, enjoyed it very much.
167 out of 264 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fun and Enjoyable
datofunator27 September 2019
Don't know what the harsh fuss was all about. Me personally, I enjoyed it despite some cliches. Love the Thor moment with Chris Hemsworth in there! <3 <3 I literally laughed out loud. Admire you Chris! Wish Will Smith could have been there, but again still a fun movie.
141 out of 221 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Totally worth it!
calliopekaz21 September 2019
MIB was one of the coolest movies I've recently watched. Filled with adventure, laughter, and an exceptional plot twist, MIB is worthy of your time. Give it a huge chance, honestly!
161 out of 255 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
10 out of 7
mclamb-17 September 2019
Since when was Men In Black some sort of Oscar movie? It's about fun and special effects and why not have new actors. With all due respect to Tommy Lee Jones and Will Smith, your need new actors. The newbies did great. I hope they make another. Get the popcorn buttered up for the next and think do you want Adam West or Michael Keaton (as good as they were) as Batman forever? Hell no!
215 out of 347 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Men In Black Movie Ever!
artswan-776425 September 2019
Went to see this movie with friends. We all loved it. Lots of fun!
160 out of 255 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
a good movie
avigaon31 August 2019
This was a good movie, enjoy this and forget the critics/
160 out of 256 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A must watch movie. You will have fun.
eric-128-3342428 August 2019
The movie definitely honoured the previous MIB movies, although I would had liked a Will Smith cameo, but that didn't happen. What I like the most about the movie is that it wasn't unpredictable, and the dots were slowly matching. There was a lot of mystery.
202 out of 327 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Men In Black International brought back memories nice spin on the movie especially with Molly Agent M.
tomtalbotty26 August 2019
This movie even though I would agree it is not good as the original classic Men In Black Movies with Will Smith as the lead protagonist in. This brought back the franchise with a lovely funny spin to it especially having Molly (Agent M) played by Tessa Thompson was just so refreshing as the men in black agency are normally able to neuralyze everyone that seen anything that is out of the ordinary, nevertheless they missed out Molly who they thought was asleep in her bedroom as a kid. Molly setting out to find this secret agency twenty years later she hacks into a satellite then finds them after everyone thinks she is delusional, which she follows the Men In Black back to the New York Headquarters where she waltzes in through the front door that I thought is hilarious. Having Chris Hemsworth as Agent H (Harry) is so funny as he is kind of your average joker does not care what everyone thinks that does do what he wants when he wants, compared to Molly Agent M played by Tessa Thompson really keeps everything serious and logical while having a laugh from time to time. The random flirtations between the two is just nice to see really does gives Molly Agent M taking control in these flirtations interactions as she is a strong independent woman that knows what she wants and she knows exactly what she is doing, then Agent H (Harry) is much more of a flirtier protagonist that just wings it into action than logically thinks about what he is doing like Molly Agent M does when jumping into any kind of action with danger in. Pawny is just great an Alien who is just as well a bit of a joker he is also very kind and loyal towards his friends especially Molly his queen as he calls her. This movie is great to watch I hope they bring more Men In Black movies in the future as it is starting to show more equality with feminism, which I love that Women can be powerful protagonists too in these films not just your typical damsel in distress. This gives more opportunities to actors where the stories can run wilder becoming less predictable with more of a Gen Z way of life projected across films.
224 out of 366 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.