Finding Dory (2016)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for mild thematic elements|
Sex & Nudity
- Early on Dory believes that she is to be conducting a class on the "birds and the bees" and says, and I'm paraphrasing, "Oh, it's that class. When a mommy fish and a daddy fish love each other very much..." but she is stopped before going any further.
Violence & Gore
- Hank reveals that he lost a tentacle while being handled by a person.
- Various gags involving bodily fluids.
- Marlin exclaims that he's going to be seasick and is shortly after, albeit offscreen.
- One brief use of the phrase, "Suck it bipeds!" by Hank.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Suggested MPAA Rating: G / Suggested TV Rating: TV-G
- A large squid attacks Marlin, Nemo, and Dory.
- There is a pervasive theme of losing one's family throughout.
- Dory is put in a bucket with dead fish. This is played to comedic effect however.
- There are several scenes where either Dory or Marlin and Nemo are in peril.
- Towards the end of the movie, Dory finds out how she was separated from her parents. This scene is very emotional.
- Dory, throughout the movie, has flash-backs of when she was little. These scenes are also emotional.