Gone Girl (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 41 items
- Sex & Nudity (8)
- Violence & Gore (4)
- Profanity (12)
- Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking (7)
- Frightening & Intense Scenes (5)
- Spoilers (5)
Sex & Nudity
- A couple has a conversation in the shower so that nobody can hear them. Their butts are shown as well as the woman's side breast and the man's penis briefly. Not too graphic.
- A man and a woman kiss passionately in a hallway. They go to a couch and she removes her shirt, revealing her breast implants for about five seconds. The scene ends before anything else happens.
- Nick performs oral sex on Amy under a blanket
- Nick is seen thrusting into Amy from behind. They make sounds like sexual moaning while Amy is in her underwear and nick is fully clothed.
- 4 sex scenes throughout the movie. There is an implied sex scene that has some breast nudity. Nick and Amy make out in a library and start to have sex. The rest include various positions like missionary and cunnilingus, and contain thrusting and panting. All of them, except for the final sex scene, are brief and ingraphic.
- Couples are shown having sex in different positions. There's movement that suggests what they're doing, and, in one instance, a woman's fake breasts are plainly visible in the lead-up to sex (but scene cuts prior to the sex). A shower scene shows two people from behind (and, briefly, side-flash of the man's genitals). Fairly graphic discussions of sex.
- Several scenes of sexual activity are shown -- some with breast and buttock nudity. One ends with an explicit violent episode. Another depicts adultery (it is implied this infidelity has been ongoing for some time). The script includes sexual discussions, fondling, innuendo and comments suggesting a character is engaged in an incestuous relationship.
- The film also contains several strong sex scenes, strong visual and verbal sex references, and breast nudity.
Violence & Gore
- Most of the film does not include violence. When it does occur, however, it is either very shocking and disturbing, or in one particular scene, very bloody and graphic.
- Self-inflicted pain; discussions of false rape allegations; menacing moments with a stalker; a man shoves a woman while trying to rob her; a particularly gory scene involving a box cutter used to slash someone's neck. A man is shown roughing up a woman. The plot revolves around a missing woman; broken glass and blood are found at her home.
- This movie includes domestic confrontations and an explicit scene of sexual violence (with nudity) resulting in gratuitous blood effects. Other scenes depict coercion, dishonesty and deception within a relationship of trust. A character engages in self-inflicted injury. A character contemplates suicide. A character removes blood from an arm by inserting a needle.
- There is a scene of strong violence, which features a significant focus on blood and injury detail. There is also a scene of domestic violence, and references to sexual violence and abuse.
- 'F*ck' is said 54 times.
- 'B*tch' is said 2 times.
- '*ss' is said 11 times, including some paired with 'hole'.
- 'D*mn' is said 3 times.
- 'H*ll' is said 4 times.
- 'C*nt' is said four times.
- Lots of language
- 'Sh*t' is said 9 times
- 54 uses of "fuck" and the word "cunt" is said four times quickly in a very graphic way during a scene of graphic violence.
- Frequent language includes "f--k," "a--hole," "bitch," "c--t," and more.
- The sexual expletive and variations are heard throughout this film (over 40 noted). Scatological slang, crude anatomical terms and religious exclamations are also included.
- Over 50 uses of strong language ('f**k), as well as four uses of very strong language ('c**t') in quick succession, accompanied by some violence.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Amy, Greta, and Jeff smoke cigarettes.
- A scene takes place in a bar where the main character drinks in the morning.
- People drink at a house party.
- Characters toss back hard liquor in times of stress.
- A woman is seen purchasing illegal drugs. A needle is used to draw blood. An intravenous tube is seen in a medical setting. Characters drink alcohol in various scenes and one character appears slightly inebriated. Tobacco use is depicted.
- Characters are seen drinking alcohol, including wine and champagne, at a dinner party
- Nick and his sister are seen drinking frequently.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Disturbing thematic material and overtone, and the sudden bursts of violence can be frightening.
- Some emotionally intense moments, including crying and yelling. It portrays sensitive themes of murder, infidelity, and manipulation.
- Movie could have been a 18, if it wasn't for its box cutter scene. See violence and gore for more information
- This film constantly leaves you in suspense and is also a diaturbing film.
- The mindset of some of the characters in the film could be seen as disturbed and aberrant.
Sex & Nudity
- A dead man is seen fully naked and covered in blood. Despite the blood, his penis is clearly seen.
- Amy seduces her emotionally unbalanced stalker Desi. They are both partially clothed. Amy puts her hand between Desi's legs. Desi is seen with his buttocks bared, thrusting on top of Amy and orgasming. See Violence and Gore for more detail on this scene.
- A disturbing scene of a woman using a wine bottle to violate herself to ultimately blame a man and earn pity for herself. The scene is distressing and graphic, but thankfully without nudity.
Violence & Gore
- Amy gets in a fight with nick she gets her hair pulled by nick and they start to argue
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- This movie does not have a happy ending, as Nick is forced to stay with Amy, who is revealed to be a complete psychopath