Spider-Man: Homecoming (2017) Poster

1,145 Reviews
They brought it ''home'' pun intended
yaszi-8329610 November 2021
This movie was really cool, it was a fresh Spider-Man movie, Tom Holland does a great job of being this young energized teenager. The movie is really fun and has some great action, we also have Tony Stark (Iron Man) some of the classmates Peter has make for cool side characters that help improve funny scenes. Tom Holland is also a good amount younger than the previous Spider-Men, so he is closer to a teenager and does a really good job at being one.

The villain is also really good, he is different, played by (Micheal Keaton) The Vulture is a compelling villain that isn't a psycho that wants to control the world, he is just someone trying to take care of his family.

I think this was a simple, fun first Spider-Man movie with Tom Holland, this movie continues the event of civil war, it actually picks up right we're civil war left and shows what Peter & Tony did after. The movie is a pretty great fast paced Spider-Man movie, and is a great first Spider-Man movie for the MCU.
9 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best Spiderman since the Sam Raimi trilogy.
ac-7637513 December 2020
This is the best Spiderman i've seen since spiderman 2.
49 out of 62 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing
brandonius-2305613 December 2018
Tom Holland really captures the heart of the character. Well paced. Michael Keaton is the 3rd best villain in the MCU behind Thanos and Loki. Great. Best Spiderman movie
54 out of 69 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Top tier MCU movie
rileymarshall-0106213 June 2019
SpiderMan Homecoming is one of the most fun, exciting, and easily rewatchable films in the entire MCU. Tom Holland has a great performance as a young, inexperienced adaptation of Peter Parker. And that's a great new direction for the character. I've always thought that SpiderMan shouldn't be great at being SpiderMan at first. Tobey Maguires adaptation gets bitten by a spider and within a day or two masters all of his powers. But this movie hinges on the fact that Peter is still learning how to be a hero. That's perfect.
60 out of 78 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love Tom hollands acting....
amarsarjapur7 September 2020
Tom hollands acting is amazing i loved it. This movie is amazing. I never got bored.
44 out of 56 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Raimi's Spidey is still the best (not including Part 3).
BA_Harrison4 July 2019
I had a reasonably fun time with Spiderman Homecoming, but I have a few big issues that prevent me from loving it...

Firstly, Peter Parker's vulnerability/invulnerability. There's a scene where Spiderman bangs his head on the roof of a truck, knocking himself unconscious, yet later on in the film, a couple of tons of concrete and steel land on the lad's head with no lasting damage. Not long after, Peter falls to the ground from a crashing jet (presumably travelling at a couple of hundred miles an hour) and gets up without a problem. Concussion one minute, indestructible the next!

Spiderman's strength is inconsistent too: Peter is holding together two halves of the Staten Island ferry in one scene, but later he is struggling to free himself from some rubble.

I also have a problem with The Avengers' very lax approach to shifting their equipment to new premises: Happy (Jon Favreau) loads all of the Avenger's weapons/armour onto an unmanned aircraft - not one person to guard it. Of course, this suited the plot, but it was extremely daft. Surely a couple of superheroes could have taken time out from saving the world to escort the precious cargo.

Last moan: did Spidey really need a high-tech suit equipped with AI and special assault modes? I thought Spiderman relied on Spidey sense.

On a more positive note, I enjoyed Peter's trials and tribulations at high-school, and thought that the twist revelation about the true identity of Vulture was well handled (I didn't see it coming). The special effects are, as always, very impressive, and Director Jon Watts handles the action well enough, but Sam Raimi needn't worry: his first two Spiderman movies remain the best.
20 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A lot more than I think
shawendra21 August 2020
I hope it is a good film but I didnt think this this much good.Actually to my opinion this is greater than far from home.I like his costume and he is really like a teenager.I like Tom Holland acting in this film.I really recommending this and this is in my favourite movie list
45 out of 60 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice outfit
Ch4ndler_B1ng17 December 2021
This movie was levels above what I expected, the comedy is actually funny, Tom Holland gives a near perfect portrayal of the web-slinging quipper, supporting performances are amazing and the villain is actually interesting and performed brilliantly by Michael Keaton. I was surprised by Spider-Man's reveal and his overall character in Captain America: Civil War, and my excitement was justified because wow... Tom Holland easily gives the best portrayal of Peter Parker and Spider Man since Tobey Maguire in the Sam Raimi trilogy and that is a MASSIVE achievement. The best solo Spider Man film since Spider Man 2 and one of the best superhero films of the decade. His outfit is so fresh as well, rather than the kind of homemade look in the original movies and the lesser design in the two Marc Webb movies.

Zendaya as MJ is perfectly cast, easily the best and most original performance of MJ by far.
10 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing
twpain6 June 2020
Spider-Man Homecoming is a refreshing Mcu film. It's very fun and lighthearted with great characters and entertaining scenes. The action sequences are very good and the movie knows when to be goofy and when not to be.
33 out of 43 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awesome
dickinsonjason-3408110 July 2020
This Movie Was Awesome I Loved Every Minute Of This Movie Spider-Man Homecoming Is Hands Down The Best Spider-Man Movie Ever Made
39 out of 52 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Here we go again
studioAT29 November 2017
Another reboot?! After three Toby Maguire fronted films (two of which I thought were great) and two with Andrew Garfield (that were OK, nothing special) in the lead it seemed very odd that Marvel would reboot the franchise yet again.

Sadly for me third time is not the charm, and this film verges on being a bit silly and dare I say it pointless.

Everyone gives decent enough performances, and its nice that it's more of a teen film, but having sat through better Spiderman films, this one seems to come up short.
18 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Superhero Movie Fatigue
anto_capone27 September 2017
Please take my review with a grain of salt. I don't really write reviews, but I really felt compelled to say something about this movie and it's decaying genre.

I'm conflicted, because I know my opinion is getting more and more jaded with every new superhero flick- but I am quickly reaching the end of my rope here. All these movies feel so predictable and cliché anymore, and as much as I truly want to enjoy them it is becoming more and more difficult.

The main actors in this movie were pretty good, but what can you do with yet another weak story that has already been rehashed in other films. The writing felt subpar, and in the end it came off as being full of gimmicks and convenient sub plot.

It just doesn't feel real anymore, it doesn't feel believable. It feels like a fantasy world created for superfans who never take a step back and critique.

These superhero movies are becoming more and more uninspired, and while I try to give them all a chance I am just getting tired of it all. It feels like the quality is being diluted, all that matters anymore is the quantity. All that matters is the money.

I still hold out hope- just look at the 'zombie' genre. Just because there is dilution within the genre doesn't mean a sporadic gem can't be made. However, if you are of a similar mindset as me, you might want to keep looking elsewhere.

Thanks for reading!
243 out of 368 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice fresh Spider man
AvionPrince1620 November 2021
Good movie for a Spider man. We already know the big events of Peter Parker and its still nice to see new faces. Some moments are pretty great and have some dramatic tension. Its pretty good but classic for Spider-man story.
6 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Acting hero
bommenashobharani18 November 2020
It was so good with new suit introducing liz instead of Mary Jane and instead of Harry bringing Ned Leeds.
33 out of 44 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hugely disappointing
craigearl24 July 2017
As a lifelong Spidey fan I was expecting good things of Homecoming. Sadly - and I appreciate that I seem to be in the minority - it did not deliver for me.

Let's start with the positives: Michael Keaton's Vulture was everything a villain should be with an added layer of charm and depth. The high school setting and our youngest Peter so far was definitely a step in the right direction (Tom Holland is a very capable actor although though his voice did grate after a while). Even the menacing Mac Gargan, a potential 'Scorpion', was a great addition.

Now the negatives. I think the casting for Flash Thompson, Liz Allen and Ned Leeds was absolutely ridiculous. Flash is supposed to be a jock who bullies Peter - not a smaller Asian guy who is also a member of the same quiz team! And that throwaway 'M J' comment at the end - unforgivable!!!

The costume AI also didn't work for me. I appreciate that this is a tool to integrate Spidey into the MCU - but for me he works better when he is on his own, a guy in a cloth suit overcoming the odds with a mixture of bravery and science.

I can appreciate that Homecoming had some issues to get over, especially as the other movie incarnations covered his unique origin in such depth. Was it brave to avoid the origin altogether - or did it detract from really getting us onside? Maybe a 20 minute opening section with Peter narrating, recapping his origin might have helped...

I've no doubt that younger viewers would have enjoyed this movie (and maybe that was the aim), but fans of the 60's, 70's or 80's Spidey might have wondered what had happened to their favourite wallcrawler.

For me, the first 45 minutes of Raimi's 'Spider-Man' nailed it and SM2 was equally as good. My GF, who has no knowledge of the Spider- Man lore, left the cinema with me and remarked 'that was the worst one'.

Though I don't necessarily agree with that comment, I certainly wasn't ready to hail SM:Homecoming as an all conquering triumph, instead a rather weak chapter in the MCU series.

Sorry Spidey, I so wanted to love this movie! Maybe better next time...
302 out of 465 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not bad but not amazing
amooorales5 February 2021
As someone who grew up watching sam rainis Spider-Man everyday, I can appreciate what these movies are trying to do. First off, there are a lot of negative reviews and I don't understand why, and a lot of them are just pointing out the differences between this movie and Sam rainis Spider-Man. This movie wasn't trying to copy the same formula that's been done, it was trying to be different, I can understand that it can throw some people off, I felt the same why when I first watched this movie in theaters. But you have to realize that they're trying to make a more younger, fresher spider man, most comic readers say this is a spider man that's more faithful to the comics, which I extremely appreciate. Some characters are weak in this movie like flash and Liz, but I don't think they wanted to repeat the same story would've already seen. Especially since it's goes with mcu, they went for a lighter, innocent tone. Some parts can be extremely cheesy, but that's Spider-Man because in reality he is meant to be a teenager. I think this movie is great for what they were trying to accomplish and I can tell much care went into this movie. And the VULTURE!!! One of my personal favorite villains from a Spider-Man, glad he finally got his spotlight and his design in the movie is amazing he looks like some pilot from the future which is really cool.
22 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Funny
jacobmeyerjkm10 February 2020
This is one of the funniest non-comedies I've ever seen. It has a lotta heart, humor, and emotion. It's not as good as Iron Man or Guardians of the Galaxy in terms of quality, but it's still a fun movie and a must-watch for any Spider-Man fan. Keaton, Holland, Downey, and Zendaya, were great as well as the supporting actors like Favreau, Tomei, and Batalon
17 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Watch Spidey if you are Marvel Fan
annamazharas19 October 2019
Okay....The movie is soo spectacular, catchy and amazing.....The clumsy character Parker is still able to steal our hearts.... I admire him... But...If you are are faithful fan of all the original SpiderMan series, I wouldn't recommend it to you. It's a way different. So who should watch it??? Marvel fans and young audience, who like everything exploding and sparkling. Enjoy it!
30 out of 40 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Perfect.
draven-343465 December 2020
I know this is going to anger some people, but I hated toby McGuire as Spiderman. He was a whiny, scrawny little baby. I don't hate those movies but he's just not a good Spiderman. Tom Holland on the other hand, is probably the only Spiderman actor that I will ever rate is completely and utterly perfect. I like the addition of the smart suit and other things that are linked Iron Man, because the connection between Peter and Stark is full of heart. Keep 'em coming.
41 out of 57 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spider-Man: Homecoming
JoBloTheMovieCritic20 July 2019
9/10 - such a fun and refreshing comic book film that has incredible rewatchability.
23 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Got me into marvel
lollmaowtf11 July 2019
I've never really been a marvel fan but after watching homecoming I dived straight in and now I'm one of the biggest marvel fans! Good plot line, acting was on que what more to ask for?
23 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spider man Homecoming Review
EJ_The_Reviewer17 September 2019
So, I had wanted Spider man in the MCU for a long time and when I saw an article that said, "spider man makes his MCU debut in Captain America Civil War" and it had a link for the trailer so I clicked on the link and watched the trailer, I was waiting the entire trailer and i was so excited to see spider man in the MCU but as soon a the title card showed up i gave up hope and was a bit dissapointed until i heard that line at the end of the trailer " Alright i've run out of patience, Underoos!" i was like "wait what?' and then i see captain america sheild get stolen by a web and i started freaking out and i see spider man full costume and say "Hey everyone." I went full fanboy mode. I was so excited for a new movie with spider man and the possibility of a new spider man movie and when i heard that they were making a Spider man movie for the MCU the fanboy within me came out and started to freak out. I didnt see Spider man Homecoming in theaters though due to my local theater not keeping movies for over a month unless there was nothing new. But to get into the review, I.LOVE.THIS.MOVIE. even though i didnt get that awesome feeling of being in a theater with some butter popcorn, a large soda, and a box or bag of candy and watch a movie, i still love it. It gives us a new POV, a POV of a 15 year old kid with super powers trying to find his place as a super hero. Can i just say that Tom Holland is the best spider man yet? I mean Toby and Andrew tried but they didnt look the part or even have that funny aspect of spider man. Tom Holland captures it perfectly with plenty of the humor and charisma of spider man. And the vulture played by Micheal Keaton was a pleasure to have on screen. I cant say how long i waited for a spider man movie like this, but my god it feels good to have a spider man movie like this. i'm giving Spider man Homecoming a 10
25 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Spidey goes from strength to strength...
CinemaSerf24 December 2020
Once again, Marvel have succeeded in reinventing this franchise - and again, they have alighted on a Brit. Tom Holland is a super choice as our hero - he has oodles of on-screen charisma; he genuinely looks like he can't believe he is there half the time, and that all helps to make for an enjoyable fantasy adventure film. This time, he has to learn to master his spidey-senses (with a bit of help from "Tony Stark" (Robert Downey Jnr.) and the very rarely "Happy Hogan" (John Favreau)) before Michael Keaton - equipped with wings and a seriously powerful ray gun destroys all in his path. The performances are top drawer; the script is quickly paced with plenty of action, determination, humour and the slightest hint of menace, and the cleverly designed effects blend seamlessly into the action creating a thoroughly entertaining film. It is a bit too long, to be honest - but the casting is good, the direction tight and the whole thing a good family watch with a little bit for everyone.
14 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
BEST SPIDERMAN MOVIE EVER!
alexhayes-077146 October 2020
My most favorite actor Tom Holland in this film ayyy :D Everything about this movie was amazing!
31 out of 42 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Amazing New Marvel Film!!!
dharamcheema-4784119 May 2020
Starring Dhian and Jayan Bains, this epic thriller takes you on an epic journey through a fantasy world where a virus has put the everyone into lockdown. Spiderman (Dhian Bains) must use all his superpowers and friends to help save the world!
29 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.