Insidious: Chapter 2 (2013)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 24 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of terror and violence, and thematic elements|
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- It is talked about that a man tried to castrate himself
- A woman is shown motionless seated in a chair and we understand that she is dead; we later see a photo of large bloody wounds on her neck.
- We see a woman tied up and gagged and a man with a large knife approaches her as she screams (we do not see an attack but we understand that he killed her).
- A man with a knife lunges toward a man and they fight, the second man hits the first with a baseball bat and tries to inject him with a sedative, another man enters the room and is thrown into a fireplace mantel (he is shown unconscious on the floor) and a fourth man enters the room, fights with the first man and is injected with the sedative (he falls unconscious on top of the third man whose head is then slammed onto the floor).
- A woman yells at her young son and forces him to say that his name is Marilyn after slapping him hard across the face (no bruise is evident).
- A ghost appears in front of a woman and it slaps her hard across the face throwing her into a table that splinters and she falls unconscious (no blood shown).
- A woman with a hammer hits a man several times and he throws her on the floor.
- A woman beats another woman with a rocking chair (we do not see the result).
- We watch a video that shows a young boy talking about his encounters with evil spirits and he points to a door that appears to open by itself (we see this video in several scenes).
- A man pulls a bloody tooth out of his mouth.
- A man finds a bloody tooth on a rug and distracts the owner while he picks it up.
- At least one use of "Bitch" - 2 scatological terms, 1 anatomical term, 2 mild obscenities.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A woman takes a pill from a prescription vial.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The biggest jump happens when a ghost woman suddenly shows herself in front of another woman, yells something, and slaps her hard, knocking her out.
- There are 23 jump scares in the film, Including the features opening title screen.
- It sounds as if a young child is hit hard and the child can be heard crying loudly.
- Very intense. Not as much as the first movie but way more appearances by ghosts - the violence is very intense.
- Scary music throughout, like the first movie.
- A young boy complains that an old woman in black visits his room every night.
- A chandelier falls (most likely caused by a ghost) and almost lands on a woman but is saved.
- A creepy looking old man appears right in front of another man.
- A woman is seen in a chair, bound, as she tries to escape, and it is implied that she gets tortured and killed.
- The creepy spirits may frighten some young viewers.
- Don't forget that there are plenty of jump scares.