Love on a Leash (Video 2011) Poster

(2011 Video)

Incredibly Fun
victorjsbl25 February 2018
It's a comedy and I honestly can't remember the last time I've laughed so much at a movie, so it completely succeeds in a big way at that.

Don't look up any spoilers, just watch it and I guarantee you'll have a good time, in a weird and unexpected way.
219 out of 226 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Love on a Leash = Citizen Kane for canines
ogreene2422 March 2018
I loved every second of this beautiful film. The cinematography and directing were so unbelievable, if I didn't know any better, I would've thought Roger Deakins was collaborating with Stanley Kubrick . The dialogue makes Pulp Fiction and Network seem sub-par. This rivals Cool Cat with being the best of the decade so far, I don't know yet because there's still seven years left in the 2030s, but I'd be surprised if anything topped this under-appreciated diamond in the rough. The only part I didn't like was when Tom Cruise went to that masked rich people underground orgy towards the end of the second act. But it's such a negligible misstep that I'm allowing to forget it for the overall sensational experience.
133 out of 136 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Shape of Water we deserved
LucasVOS23 February 2018
It's hard to talk about "Love on a Leash" using words, language is something unable to define what the movie is about and what it tries to express in those 90 minutes. It is and it isn't. If you liked "The Room" or any bad good movie you should watch this. (Avalaible on Amazon Prime). 10/10.
123 out of 126 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fen Tien out of 10
willsbarnes1520 March 2018
Love on a leash is quite possibly the most fantastically confusing film you will ever watch, there is no possibility of describing the film in full to anyone as for the most part it makes close to no sense, making the Room seem on a similar level of filmmaking to the Godfather. However I feel a solid performance from Alvin Flang saves this film and helps it to score high as well as the soundtrack really bringing extra feel to an experience that cannot be described in any way, if you haven't seen it, just watch it, you'll need mental councilling post-watch but it's worth it.
78 out of 79 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Must Watch
pyoung-4839423 March 2018
This absolute masterpiece of a film is the main reason keeping me from ending it all. Alvin Flang is a national treasure and should be the president in 2020. This absolute thrillride will keep you on the edge of your seat for a full 1 hour and 30 minutes. I may have lost a few brain cells on the way, but what Iost in brain memory, I gained twice as much in family values and love for Alvin Flang. The soundtrack aedded to the riveting plot and emotional roller coaster ride of a film. Peter Davison, composer of the musical sequences, deserves an oscar by himself. This story compelled me to reconnect with my estranged pet who's name is also Alvin (he is a cockerspaniel). To conclude, this movie will change the way you see life and change your life in general.
71 out of 72 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The soundtrack is amazing
sebijin13 March 2018
"Love on a Leash" is the masterpiece among bad movies. Forget about "The Room," go watch this one!

P.s. the soundtrack is my favorite!
120 out of 124 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A cinematic masterpiece
cformente9 April 2018
The movie revolve around a timeless, charismatic, and likable character named Alvin Flang. The character is well rounded and very well written, and his intentions are crystal clear. Every other character is also likable, but not as good as Alvin Flang and the struggle and hardships he goes through to find love in the world. He does, and the ending scene made me cry all night. I recommend watching this at least in your lifetime, as it tells an important story that is sure to make you look at life in another perspective. Thank you, Love on a Leash.
62 out of 63 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Destined for Glory
mrprince-3222913 April 2018
A movie full of all twist and turns. Love on a Leash has shattered the boundaries of film making and accessed a new terrain of move making in which no other director has accessed with just one simple film. NO-- not simple, complex. There should honestly be a rule for every director to work as HARD as Jennifer Fen Tien to produce future masterpieces. Can this movie even be surpassed? Albeit Samurai Cop, The Room, Troll 2 were on totally different leagues, Love on a Leash branched forward onto a new league were no entity has reached. Your opinion on the greatest movie in the world? Love on a Leash seeks to challenge your perception of what is high art!
50 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My Name is Alvin Flang
startistmouse14 April 2018
I don't think I've ever laughed so hard at a movie. I have nothing to say other than I can't recommend this enough. PLEASE watch this absolute gem and I swear your life will be changed for the better.
45 out of 46 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Shape of Water but with a dog
akshizzy24 March 2018
In a world where Hollywood is dominated by white men, it's refreshing to see a woman making a film like love on a leash. This piece of cinema is many things but I assure you it is never boring. Think "The Shape of Water" with a touch of "The Shaggy Dog" although Love on a Leash surpasses both in scope, sound design and writing alone. If I could give it 11 stars I would. This film touches on so many important political issues, which is a bold move in a world where rom coms are designed to be safe and non confrontational, Love On a Leash doesn't shy away from some of the uglier facts of life, which only makes the love between Lisa and her dog Alvin Flang (or Prince) that much more heartfelt. I showed this movie to my girlfriend and she became my wife 40 minutes into the movie. It's that good. I highly recommend it. You will laugh you will cry and you'll be taken on an unforgettable emotional roller coaster.
77 out of 81 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
One of the greatest "so bad is good movies"
db-1097028 March 2018
A masterpiece.

An Incredible work of art.

A complete black hole of competence so dumbfounding that makes The Room look like Casa Blanca by comparison.

Please, just stop what you're doing at the moment and watch this unintentionaly brilliant film.
30 out of 31 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Isle of dogs and Isle of this movie!!!
TheDudeStillAbides7 June 2018
This movie is really awsome. The dog is the most complex character i have ever seen on screen, especially when he starts randomly singing. It tells so much about his character and peels back so many layers, deep stuff. The actors are really great, especially the creep who tries to rape the main character. He pulls off one of the greatest performances i have ever seen in a movie. The soundtrack is probably the best part of the whole movie, it's really beautiful and subtle. It's actually so subtle that I didn't even hear it at all, just brilliant. Also the ending is really sad. There are so many twists and turns in this movie you won't even belive it, but I won't spoil it here because you really should go into this movie completely blind and find out the surprises for yourself. Probably my favorite movie in the world next to "The Amazing Bulk"!!!
18 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oscar Worthy Acting
moore-nick752 June 2018
This is a riveting love story, of two species crossed lovers. One cursed playboy and a goddess-like woman plagued by a terrible love life. That all changes when she meets Alvin Flang. Who happens to be a dog. That dog truly should have won an Oscar for this movie, a rival to Leo DiCaprio or Maryl Streep. You will not be bored. The twist at the end is a stroke of genius on the writer's part. I'm glad this movie exists.
18 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolute perfection
xsamx-147821 May 2018
Never before have I found such a beautiful, perfect expression of human emotion. The plot follows Alvin Flang, a playboy-turned-Golden-Retriever who has to find true love to escape his canine form. You really sympathise with Mr. Flang, a relatable, not at all sarcastic protagonist who is on the same level of character portrayal as Tom Hank's in Forrest Gump or Liam Neeson in Schindler's List. And don't even get me started on the brilliant supporting cast. And that soundtrack is just perfect, really goes with the perfectly balanced audio.
27 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best Yiff comedy since "Snow Dogs"...
Cfoudyrun3 April 2018
I can say without a shred of sarcasm that this was a very memorable viewing experience. Can I honestly say that this is because Love on a Leash is a good film? No. Love on a Leash is a dumpster fire. From a technical aspect, this film is complete failure. However, due to its sheer ineptitude and batshit story this film is a genuine stand out. Say what you will, all criticisms are most likely valid. But at least Love on a Leash is memorable, which is more than I can say about a majority of major studio releases.
27 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good Fun Movie
superpie-1883923 February 2018
Great movie to watch with the family. Lots of emotional moments and great acting. Jennifer Ten is a genius and I can't wait for a part 2.
29 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So much fun and truly an amazing experience
oliverdoc4 April 2018
It's an emotional roller coaster and it's deep, funny and just brings out new emotions. I fall in love with the characters and my heart broke when Alvin got hurt, and I nearly cried during the emotional scenes. (I'm doing my best to avoid spoilers)

It also fits in room for fun and laughs. The jokes are well written and just... perfect. They are well presented and timed so well.

I was crying, laughing and smiling throughout the movie.

I now have my friends call me "Alvin Flang" and my friends and I love this film.

I recommend watching this with some friends, in a nice comfy room with some popcorn. Best movie for movie nights and on the couch. We all loved this film!

I recommend renting it or watching it on amazon prime and also leaving reviews! This movie is such a classic and deserves more recognition!
18 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worth the watch
statmorehayden22 March 2018
Love on a Leash isn't the greatest movies, but if you're looking for a laugh it's 100% the best choice. It's beyond entertaining and has a lot of heart put into it.
17 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolute Madness
janerin-5068517 July 2018
This film is a quirky, fun-for-the-whole-family Masterpiece. Cant belive it hasnt gotten more attention...I enjoyed it way more than I did the dull-fest "The Revenent"...too much gore, too much for impressionable children. Thank you, whoever made this God-honoring movie...xx
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hold on to your leash!!!!
sulinc9 September 2018
Fantastic movie. From the acting, to the lack of score, to the effects, to the sound editing, it's simply a flawless masterpiece.
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best film I've ever seen
lulupittaluga11 January 2019
I started watching with low expectations thinking it would be another stereotypical romance movie but I was instantly surprised. The main characters are all surprisingly charming and likable. The audience instantly understands each action these characters make. The audio quality is beautiful and the music just amazing and suits each scene perfectly. The end was a twist that made sense with the rest of the movie and matched flawlessly, it was so surprising and beautiful it made me and everyone present cry. An absolutely unforgettable experience.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simply brilliant
nilsfre19 December 2018
This film is probably the best film I have ever seen. The brilliant acting and script is only enhanced by the completely silent parts of the film. The fact that none of the characters learn anything throughout the entire film is an amazing accomplishment that I've only seen once before, in Gangs of New York. In conclusion, this film is a masterpiece that I will never be able to forget.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Citizen Kane-ine
inspace-1120820 June 2019
It's a masterpiece. I don't think I ever laughed so hard at a movie because it was hilarious.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good
coleagnewynwa29 October 2018
Love on a leash is so bad its good the horrible diolouge wasn't ment to be funny but trust me it is its so poorly edited when the dog starts talking yes he talks he's like Adam West from batman 1966 he pulls of really cheesy and weird one liners but there are some inconsist parts of this sort of masterpiece just watch Ralphthemoviemakers review he goes into to much detail
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
God Bless this Masterpiece of Incompetence
elicopperman16 August 2018
Before you ask, yes, this movie was brought to my attention by ralphthemoviemaker (R.I.P. his imdb account), and I'm very glad it was. There's well made albeit poorly executed movies, there's incompetently crafted movies, and then there's this special kind of ineptitude.

The film tells a Beauty & the Beast styled story about a woman who falls in love with a dog who turns into a man at night, causing her personal life to slowly but surely come crumbling down towards her. In actuality, the premise of this movie could actually work with the proper execution. Sadly, the movie ends up with way too many plot points, such as the main protagonist Lisa having a couple failed relationships prior to the dog (named Alvin Flang mind you), her mother constantly getting in the way, and her own personal job. Really, if the whole movie focused solely on Lisa and Alvin's relationship, it wouldn't have been so weak, but alas.

So what makes this fun to watch? Well, the best way to describe the final product is what you'd get if you mixed the technical incompetence of Manos, the wooden acting and surrealistic oddities of Fateful Findings, and pretty much everything that made The Room a cult classic. The movie is so choppily edited, poorly dubbed, and cheaply produced that it deserves its place in schlock cinema history as a wonderful disaster piece. I actually laughed harder at this movie than I did at The Room, and that mainly comes from whoever thought it was a good idea to give the dog a last minute voice over (pure ironic genius). There's not even any background music throughout the entire runtime, so it makes certain moments feel empty and awkward albeit hilarious.

So to all the sardonic movie riffers out there, this is just the movie made for you. Not to mention, the director of this movie is a woman, and you know how much we gotta support more female directors out there. In all seriousness though, you will not be disappointed in this whatsoever. You'll scratch your head in confusion, you might even cringe at what you'll watch, but the laughable failures in every single department of this movie make it a timeless classic for all the ages.
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.