Office Invasion (2022) Poster

Best kind of bad
rthequeen13 August 2022
If you're looking for funny and easy to watch after a long day this won't do you wrong. It's super dumb but really funny. Lags in the middle a bit but finishes well. Actors are great, writing is witty, storyline is different, effects were surprisingly good.
23 out of 29 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Unfair reviews?
marniegrant13 August 2022
I think most of the reviews slating this movie are unfair! For what it is, it's pretty funny. I'm quick to turn movies off when they are slow and boring, but this one had a certain charm to it and that's thanks to the actors and actresses chosen to play the characters. Is it perfect? No of course not. But it's better than a lot of movies that somehow get a better rating, I think the cast need a bit more appreciation for the roles they played.
21 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Really enjoyed it
hilary_mae-912-8056114 August 2022
I'm pretty picky about movies, but this was fun to watch. It started out a bit awkward, but once it got going it was great.

The three actors were really good and the characters were very likeable.

Not everything has to be perfect to be enjoyable; just relax and enjoy because the film is worth going through the beginning to get to the good part.
13 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Gotta admit, I laughed
brucewillisisaghost11 August 2022
I had doubts before hitting the play button. But to my surprise this comedy from South Africa really made me laughed several times. It has a flair of the Asylum films but without the CGI storms. Nothing special, but it was entertaining.
9 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I apologize, what am I missing?
donmega62810 August 2022
I couldn't take it after the first 20 minutes. Is it supposed to be funny or just crazy awkward?

Not one line or scene would ever take place in real life. Which isn't always a problem in movies...if they're funny in any way.

I'm really trying my best to understand how anyone involved in this movie thought a single bit of it was working.
25 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Middle of the road watchable movie.
dieharddave4413 August 2022
The idea sounded solid, but the execution was lost somewhere. It's not that it didn't keep me moderately entertained for the run time, but overall after the credits ran I didn't know what type of movie it was. It's not a comedy or horror or action. I'm just not sure how to describe it. Watchable but forgettable.
7 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Bent
shaun-3523817 August 2022
This might be best viewed after a couple

It's made intentionally bad and they did it quite well

Hardly a cerebral movie, but if you're in the mood for some nonsensical entertainment then it's worth a watch.
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What has happened to the film industry
kruizer04-268-18670411 August 2022
The movies of recent seem to be plummeting to new depths, bad acting, stupid plots, you know how bad this is going to be in the first 2 minutes.....and then it gets worse. The only reason I can see that this movie was made, was for some kind of tax dodge. Not funny, not engaging just very poor film making from it seems, people who have no clue. Just awful.

Save your time or watch a test pattern instead, you will thank me for this warning.
24 out of 49 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This movie has no purpose at all
Otte111 August 2022
Just skip...it is not funny, not scary, not dramatic, it absolutely has no redeeming qualities....just skip. This is something middle schoolers would write and produce.
14 out of 35 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Quirky, Hillarious, and very well written characters
kattrambo29 August 2022
Everyone of the characters are well defined and well written and they stay in that character throughout. That is a great start... but then every character is funny in their own special way as well. I literally cracked up laughing out loud on several occasions. Is it dorky sometimes and predictable, yes... but other times it is not. It is a good combo. I didn't find it to be slow paced... I found those to be spots of character defining moments and I loved it. If you are not big into character acting in your movies, you probably won't like this too much... but if you do like well defined characters that are all quirky in their own way, you will like it bunches. I liked it bunches.
Perspective required.
d-alston11 August 2022
This movie isn't worth a score of 10, but it's so far beyond warranting the low scores that some are giving it that some balance must be restored.

This is a fairly entertaining, daftly-comedic office saga with likeable characters, well-played by the actors, and a tone that veers strangely between cartoonish absurdity and genuine character development; a bit like the mockumentary,The office, did.

Things don't get truly bizarre until the last thirty-five minutes, when the extra-terrestrials reveal themselves, but the characters are engaging enough to help the nonsense along.

I liked watching it, and would happily watch it again at some point in the future, if nothing else grabbed my attention.
11 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Lighthearted funny and needed.
wildlife-9250311 August 2022
I feel like a lot of the negative reviews here are unjust. This was funny, if you have any funny bone in your body or have ever worked in corporates - not as the manager / boss, or lived in South Africa you will laugh and laugh and laugh. This speaks to so many of us. Thank you. Please make more of these we all need a lighthearted laugh every now and then.
16 out of 32 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolutely worth your time.
aat-pedersen10 August 2022
Not a superbig story. Not crazy effects. Not a burst of laugh every 20 secs.

However, the acting is good, the characters are some stereotype personalities that definitely exist in real life, the jokes are hilarious and there's a lot of that. The music is kinda out of place but that is actually perfect.

Enjoy watching this.
21 out of 47 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Stop Nitpicking - Sit Back And Enjoy
heykateforever6 September 2022
I watch movies all day (and sometimes night) long. I am too sick to do much more than this. I have seen many, many losers. This one is NOT A LOSER!! If you are a stuck up butt, you will not like this one. If you enjoy a truly funny movie with a great ensemble cast that is ridiculous, but LOL funny and can suspend your stick and snotty nose, this is a movie to watch. Actually, having watched 5 truly horrible movies in a row, this little surprise was a gift. I expected it to be Animal House, and while it had some of the aspects of AH, it also had great heart, great lines, and office humor off the wall.

It is an unexpected treasure. A movie I laughed at from beginning to end. We can watch the news to cry and be annoyed! But this movie? Took me away for a few minutes with such great acting and comedic timing, with no surprises or poor me moments or politics or wokeness, it felt like a true gift. Thanks to Netflix for the funniest movie I have seen since Uncle Buck!! Not for the stick-in-butts, just the average person looking for harmless fun. For those of you down rating this movie? I feel so sorry for you! For the rest? I highly recommend this movie. Be aware there is a lot of bad language and sexual suggestions. You honestly have to suspend some judgment and just enjoy the laughs!
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
!!! FUN !!!
witchy_poo21 August 2022
Stupid good fun! Perfect movie up there with 'Good Burger', 'Dude, Where's My Car', 'Harold and Kumar', 'Balls Of Fury', 'Shaun Of the Dead', etc genre.
3 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
For the love of god, please watch soEtching else
ab-4080212 August 2022
There aren't enough words to describe how awful this is. I would have rather been violently ill for an hour and fifty two minutes, than having been exposed to this rubbish. I expect this kind of crap to land on streaming services like Stan, but Netflix honestly can't have been awake when they approved this.
11 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is a fun comedy unlike anything in South Africa!
RobbieMcLean1316 August 2022
All the African content in Netflix these days are political drama/ struggle. It is refreshing to have something ridiculous and witty to laugh at when the day ends! This film is not here to change the world it's here for us to laugh and forget the drama and problems we face today in our country and it does just that! Do yourself a favor and escape into this ridiculous world ! 👏🏻
4 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Weird but you'll laugh... but definitely weird
richardklement15 August 2022
There was something off about this movie and I think it's intentional. I feel like I've been trolled and I'm not even mad - I'm impressed. Predictable plots, overused tropes and absurd one liners keep coming. It just keeps getting more and more ridiculous and that's cool too. It feels a bit like a Douglas Adams story where the grand revelation is left a bit open ended. It's weird but if you relax, you'll laugh.
Surprisingly funny
fredraphael19 August 2022
I really lobed this film. Love, friendship, aliens and comedy. What's not to love? It was 100% mad from start to finish and I loved every minute of it.
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved it!
elzanem10 August 2022
Being in a corporate environment this was just such a breath of fresh air and made me laugh and laugh and laugh! Thank you, I wish there were more just plain feel good movie where you don't have to wonder about the "hidden message or life lessons".
14 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Super awkward and terrible acting.
mitxhq13 August 2022
I couldn't even sit through this entire movie... 50 minutes into it and literally nothing has happened? Just super awkward and terrible acting. It's not even funny and has nothing that really grabs your attention.
5 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your time
michelhatesspam12 August 2022
Movie started with a bang but after 10 minutes became so boring I cried! I made it to 3/4 and just could not continue. Actors are terrible and movie made no sense. Boring dialogues and terrible story line.
5 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Think South African Office Space
caryn-6332815 August 2022
Some of it was a bit stilted, but it was worth watching. The situations were over the top and sometimes really gross. If you've ever worked in a large company or corporation you will feel this movie. It was ridiculous and stupid and I totally loved it.
3 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Missed opportunity
Weary7612 August 2022
"Three best friends band together to defend their valuable mining company from monstrous aliens looking to plunder and exterminate", says the IMDB summary.

The film won't offer you that.

It's like those 1950's scifi-B-movie posters that showed epic images that never actually appeared in the film itself.

Still, since this is a South African film, I went in thinking this film about foreign beings stealing all the goods from an African mine was going to be a layered story in the form of a fun scifi film.

It is not.

Although nothing is brilliant, the cinematography, acting, and CGI is at least adequate enough to make it a waste that the story is boring and flat. The plot doesn't start until after an hour, and the climax is 10 suspenseless minutes. I find it sad to say since people put work into this film, but this is one that is highly likely to be a waste of your time.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DONT WASTE YOUR TIME!
atiaben-7761613 August 2022
Unfortunately I just finished watching this film and it is one of the worst films i have ever seen. Its a disgrace to film makers. Please go spend your time watching something better which is pretty much anything else!!
6 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.