Hacksaw Ridge (2016)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 35 items
|MPAA||Rated R for intense prolonged realistically graphic sequences of war violence including grisly bloody images|
Sex & Nudity
- A man does pull ups nude. His butt is seen for several seconds but no frontal shots.
- One of the soldier is proud of his physique and works out nude, brief glimpses of his backside are shown. A couple references are made by the other men about his anatomy. The Sargent then proceeds to force him to train nude as well until he has completed the training that day
Violence & Gore
- The battle scenes are very graphic, realistic, and absolutely spine chilling to watch. They are long, and filled with bloody gunfire, graphic stabbings with knives and bayonets, and lots of gruesome explosions which separate limbs and leave blood everywhere. It has tons of guts, limbs, intestines, and tons of blood everywhere.
- In the very first Hacksaw scene at Okinawa, one of the soldiers is shown with his legs blown off. Bloody strings of fat and muscle are shown protruding from his legs as he is dragged to safely. His femur and tibia bones are shown for several seconds
- The kickstart of the very first Okinawa battle scene, one of the soldiers is slowly crawling through the war-torn battlefield. Suddenly, a wounded soldier rises from the rubble and starts screaming in terror in front of the soldier. A gunshot is heard and the screaming soldier takes a bullet to the back of the head, splattering brain matter all over the face of the soldier. Then they are both ripped apart with bullets. Very graphic, not for most viewers. Probably the most violent the movie gets
- The main character is very close to a grenade explosion and is flung backwards. His legs and thighs are shown bloodied and burned. Not too intense. Not exactly a spoiler as this is briefly shown in the very beginning of the film
- In the beginning there are soldiers being burned alive by flamethrowers and in the midst of explosions and others being shot during the combat of war
- A boy hits another boy in the head with a brick while they are fighting
- A man has his leg crushed by a car which gives him compound fracture and causes blood to spurt out of his leg
- A man smashes a glass bottle on a tombstone as a result his hand bleeds on the tombstone from his wound
- A man throws a knife into another man's foot
- A man punches a man in the face in order to instigate a fight and test him
- A group of men beat up a man which results with the man bloody and bruised
- Soldiers being riddled with bullets through torsos, legs, and heads with blood spurting out.
- Explosions from grenades, mortars, and RPGs that cause some lost of limbs and tissue damage.
- Soldiers being stabbed/bayoneted and beaten up with fists.
- Soldiers are burned alive with flame throwers and exploded by them as well.
- Some soldiers are decapitated and commit suicide with self stabbing and kamikaze attacks.
- There are soldiers dead on the ground with intestines strewn out and missing limbs on the ground which also on some bodies have rotting flesh with maggots and rats feeding off of the bodies
- Body parts are shown being blown off throughout each battle scene.
- 1 use of titty, damn, smartass, piss and numbnuts 5 uses of bitch 4 with son of a 8 uses of shit 1 with chicken and hell 1 with fire 6 uses of ass 1 with rat
- A few uses of "shit" "bitch" and fuck
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man is seen drinking whiskey from a bottle during the day. He is later described as being an alcoholic.
- Some soldiers smoke cigarettes. (Realistic)
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There is a fistfight between two brothers, which takes a dark turn when one of the brothers smashes the other over the head with a brick. The brother is immediately knocked out, and it is implied that he might be dead.
- There is a scene where a father is beating his wife and threatening her with a gun. His son comes in, takes the gun from him and points it at his father. This scene could prove to be disturbing to some viewers.
- This movie is more violent than saving private ryan
- The movie portrays the horrors of war as it is, and does so realistically.
- There is a jump scare when two opposing soldiers are frightened upon contact and shooting occurs.
- Once the violence breaks out it is a long and intense
Sex & Nudity
- After Desmond marries Dorothy, at night she takes her robe off (she has a slip under) and they kiss passionately, but the scene ends after they dive into the bed.
Violence & Gore
- All the violence starts when a man fall onto what he thinks is a dead body but it's gets up. They both scream and then are torn apart by gunfire. After that it's all basically just violence and gore.
- The Japanese fake a surrender towards the mid-end part of the movie. Then, two Japanese soldiers strike grenades and throw them towards the Americans. One of the soldiers hits the grenade mid air and kicks the other one back towards the Japanese. The Japanese soldiers are killed instantly with red mist spreading everywhere, as well as bloody limbs. The remainder of the Japanese soldiers are shot to death with bloody through-and-through bullet holes
- In the later half of the film the tone drastically changes into a more dark atmosphere and becomes very intense which also has long battles that contain graphic war violence involving:
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- One particular frightening scene is when one soldier whom is thought to be dead gets up and screams. As he screams his face is shot off in close up.