All American Christmas Carol (2013) Poster

Waste of my time.
daveconaway9 December 2018
This movie was terrible. Story line was lame and acting wasn't that great. Modern day trailer trash Christmas Carol. Could be a funny concept, I grew up in a trailer court, I know what I'm talking about. This movie had a few laughs but was mostly cringe inducing. Skip it.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The gift that never gives.
mrlanceb29 November 2018
"All American Christmas Carol" tries to play both sides of the line between trailer trash schlock and family redemption ala Dickens. Unfortunately, it fails to entertain in either realm. The pace of the movie is uneven and slow, bouncing around story points that go on too long and initially leave you wondering what all this is leading to. Most of the cast is competent enough, but the characters and situations, as written, are uninteresting and unconvincing. Ironically, when the first ghost finally appears in the presence of the character supposedly needing to be un-Scrooged, the moment is rushed with no buildup or reaction whatsoever to the game-changing event. Why this scene is played with such dryness by both characters is both puzzling and disappointing, especially after so many uncompelling scenes leading up to it. And so it goes with the rest of the spirits who have their subsequent (and unremarkable) interactions. At what point this movie was supposed to be entertaining was lost on me. The resolution that finally brings this movie to an end is equally unbelievable, uninteresting, and prolonged.

I gave this movie 3 stars for good acting by some of the cast, and overall technical production that was decent. None of those stars are for special effects, as the ghosts appear mostly via camera cuts and are only afforded makeup for their afterlife appearance.

If you like stereotypical trailer trash gags, this movie has a few. Otherwise, there's not much else in it worth the hour and a half.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Ultimate Movie Review! - http://tss5078.blogspot.com - @tss5078
Tss507824 December 2014
I have always loved Charles Dicken's classic, A Christmas Carol. I have seen literally dozens of adaptations of it and I still find it to be one of the greatest things ever written. All American Christmas Carol is a redneck take on the story, and while it wasn't a bad film, it wasn't what I thought it would be. Cindy (Taryn Manning) is a single mother, who has three kids from three different men, and she's not even thirty. Her drunken, partying life style doesn't even cover the bills to keep her three kids, Harley (Tristan Lake Leabu), Skoal, and Cheese Doodle in their trailer. Her life and family are headed for disaster, when Harley's father, aptly named Jake Marley, dies in a paintball accident. After the funeral those three ghosts we all know and love show up and try to put Cindy on the right path. This film was unrated and had all the makings of another terrific raunchy Christmas film. I was expecting Bad Santa, instead I got it's Duck Dynasty-esq PG-13 cousin. Kill Theories, Taryn Manning stars and she was great, she was far more believable than any of the ghosts and really made you feel for her character. The other stand out in the film is young Tristan Lake Leabu, who plays her oldest son, Harley. Harley is the man of the house at the ripe old age of 13. With the hilarious redneck antics going on around him, it's hard to remember that he's doing a man's job at a child's age. Leabu played the both sides of this character and did so with the ease of an actor far beyond his years. This is not your typical Christmas Carol, it's not all that raunchy either, but for it was, I was pretty entertaining. I wish they had taken it to the next level and really gone all out with the comedy, but still it didn't take that much away from the film. Rednecks let this film be a warning to you, if you don't do more than drink and have sex, the ghosts of loved ones passed will haunt you and it will be hilarious.
4 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Feel good Christmas movie
jenifer-4977323 November 2018
If you're searching Netflix for something to watch on a drunken night.....look no further. This movie provides laughs and feel good vibes. Want to feel good as a single mom? Definitely watch this movie. The main character in this film made me feel like super mom. I sat through the whole thing and never once felt like I wasted my time. I only had two glasses of wine. My son cringed a bit but afterwards he was ok and told me I was a good mom.
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Decent Cast
gavin694218 April 2017
A white-trash mom is visited by three ghosts intent on showing her a path to a brighter future.

This film was watched as part of Eric Roberts Appreciation Day (April 18), and Roberts plays the Ghost of Christmas Present. As far as all the many different versions of this story are concerned, this is not the best one. Not even close. In fact, it is a wonder why they keep making such films at all with the story being done to death.

Despite this, the cast is pretty decent. These may not be A-listers, but Roberts is a known face ,and even Taryn Manning probably has her following. Maybe this is worth watching once around Christmas time, but I doubt anyone is going to make it a Christmas tradition like they would with "Scrooged" or "Muppet Christmas Carol".
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Could have been a good movie
victoriaclarkson22 December 2018
Mom had no redeeming qualities whatsoever. And you never did find out why she gave up on life in the first place. She was lazy and thoughtless and selfish and disrespectful. The three spirits really didn't follow the normal pattern that you would have expected. I got kind of lost on the three spirits. I thought the acting was okay even though it was a low-budget flick. Like I said earlier it could have been a good movie had the script been better. What was up with her hair? It look like she was wearing an old wig that she found at Goodwill that needed to be brushed out . Her hair and makeup was awful through the whole movie. It's okay movie for some cheap entertainment
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Nice momento for a Christmas movie
Steve-Zoicks20 December 2018
It's hard to make a Christmas move that has a good storyline and plot but is also emotional or comedic. While the momento of a trailer park mother comes to grips with her bad life choices, nothing in the movie was memorable , emotional or funny. I really wanted this to be a good movie but it had all the faux paus of a C grade movie rolled up into a Christmas storyline that has been done over and over and over again.
0 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
End of Days?
mgratk15 December 2018
So, is this abomination a sure sign that the last days are upon us? No. Because if God was planning to end us anytime in the next few years, ihe would have just gone ahead and ended us before this thing had a chance to be made. That this exists is proof of an afterlife. This surely is one of the movies playing on an endless loop in the theaters of Hell. The actors seem to know it is pointless to even try, and deliver their lines lifelessly for the most part. I don't see how this could have been made, let alone released anywhere. They should have destroyed all the footage at some point. Oh, also, mom from The Goldbergs looks a lot better with big 80s hair. And Adam Goldberg probably made better movies with his VHS camcorder sometime around Christmas 1980-something. If you're looking for Christmas spirit, you'll find none here.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.