Into the Storm (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sequences of intense destruction and peril, and language including some sexual references|
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- A young man filming a tornado cloud that has sucked up a fire from the ground drops his camera and when he tries to retrieve it he is sucked away by the cloud; we see the young man swirling inside the cloud and he is seen in flames. Two young men and two young women in a car watch street light poles explode in sparks in the distance and we see a swirling cloud approaching them; one young man gets out of the car to take pictures and we hear screaming and see the occupants being slammed around before the screen goes black (we hear that the four people were killed by a tornado). Clouds swirl alongside a road and a van is pushed around before being toppled on its side (no one inside is injured), and the passengers are helped out and they run across the road to a building for shelter as a gas spill is set on fire.
- Several people climb down through a manhole to a storm shelter as a huge swirling tornado cloud spins outside, the cover is blown off and the winds blow through pushing several of the people around, a semi-truck is slammed into one side of the shelter and another vehicle is attached to the other side to try to keep the people safe inside after one man is sucked out of the opening; other people struggle to hold on and are sucked toward the openings before the cloud breaks up and we see a few of the people with bloody scratches, but otherwise OK. A giant cloud spins in the sky and lifts many airplanes and trucks off the ground and spins them around before throwing them to the ground, narrowly missing the principal characters.
- A teen boy and a teen girl are shown standing in an abandoned paper plant as a storm approaches and we hear winds blowing outside, the building crumbles and the two jump into an opening in the floor where we see them trapped later unable to move; the girl has a bloody leg wound that the boy wraps with a shirt, a pipe bursts and water floods down into the space where they are trapped and fills it as they struggle to get out before drowning and they are shown submerged before the girl is freed and the boy's leg is pinned by wreckage before being freed and pulled lifeless to land (a man performs CPR and revives the boy and he spits water and coughs). After a tornado blows through a town, we see a small bicycle that has impaled the side of a mini-van, as well as an injured dog whimpering on the side of the road and his human companion trapped in his car with a bloody head wound; three men get the man out of the car and he seems OK.
- A man rides a four-wheel vehicle toward a ramp that leads to a pool that has been set ablaze while other men drinking beer watch and film him; he jumps the ramp and crashes into the pool that breaks and the water floods out with the four wheeler and the man (no injuries are shown); a woman from inside the house runs out yelling at them and the men drive away in a pick up truck. A teen boy talks about the last thing he said to his mother before she died in a car accident and that he was mad at her. A teenage girl and a teenage boy record farewell video to leave for their loved ones as water fills the place where they are trapped. Two people are pulled over the grate and into the tornado, they are never seen again.
- A man uses his vehicle to hold a grate shut so others will not be sucked into the terrifying tornado. While it works for some minutes, eventually the vehicle is lifted high into the air and into the centre of the Tornado. He sees the vehicle rise higher than the clouds and is spellbound, but the vehicle loses altitude and crashes down to the ground, killing him as the on-board camera goes distorted and black. Two hillbillies wake up in a tree relieved they survived the tornado that picked them up and a branch snaps and one falls down to the ground. Whether he survived the fall is unknown.
- 3 sexual references, 22 scatological terms (i.e. shit, piss), 6 anatomical terms (i.e. ass, dick, tits), 16 mild obscenities (i.e. hell, damn, boobs), 1 religious profanity (i.e. goddamn), 6 religious exclamations (i.e. Oh My God and Christ.), Name-calling (typical annoying brother, losers, idiots and crazy.) A total of 54 actual profanities.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Men drink beer while watching an amateur daredevil jump a four wheeler into a flaming swimming pool. Two men hold beer bottles while watching a huge tornado approach them in a few scenes. A young man talks about "sipping margaritas." Two men are drunk for one scene.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The storm sequences are violent and deadly; each one leaves more devastation to buildings and people. Characters die, sometimes horrifically, during the storms, especially those who are swept up into a tornado vortex. The body count includes a few prominent characters. Everyone is in life-threatening peril. This movie might scare some younger or some older viewers depending if they can handle realistic depictions of weather disasters. A number of planes are picked up by the tornadoes and smashed onto the ground which explode into balls of flames. Sufferers of 9/11 may be upset by this scene.
- PG: moderate threat, mild language, intense disaster scenes.