The Physician (2013)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 17 items
|MPAA||Rated R for some violent content, sexuality/nudity and brief language|
Sex & Nudity
- A man has sex with a woman, it is not seen but there is a lot of sexual noises made by both of them. It lasts for only a few seconds.
- A woman's breast are exposed and touched by a doctor. A few seconds after this scene, the doctor and apprentice go to a pleasure bath house with what appear as prostitutes. All the women have their breast exposed. This scene goes on for a few minutes. There is nothing overly sexual that happens.
- A man performs a circumcision on himself. It is not seen directly but we see him thrust a knife near his genitals and a few drops of blood are seen on the ground.
- A group of men walk through a pleasure house, some women's breasts are exposed. They briefly talk of the color of women's pubic hair. The scene is very short.
- A man and woman have sex. We see her legs wrapped around his as the man thrusts. Nothing is explicit.
Violence & Gore
- Throughout the movie we see a lot of injured and diseased people.
- A group of men beat the two characters for accused witchcraft when one of their patients died a few hours after he saw them. It's not that violent but both men are lightly bloody.
- A boy's toe is amputated.
- Aftermath of a religious massacre is seen, most are in puddles of blood.
- We briefly see a decapitated head inside a small chest.
- A man is stabbed, but it is not seen from the camera's view. Blood drools from his mouth.
- A man cuts a dead body open. When he makes the first incision, we see blood expel while he drags the blade. He spreads the skin of his chest apart and we see the man's insides. A little later we see him cut out the dead man's heart. It may disturb some viewers as the man cuts pieces off the dead person.
- A man is operated on. We see the skin spread with the bloody wound. The doctor is seen with his hand inside. We later see the doctor stitch the bloody wound.
- There is a battle/massacre for most of the end. Many people are slain on and off camera but are not entirely bloody. Most of the killing is done off-camera.
- I don't think there was even one profanity in the film.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Moderate use of alcohol is spread throughout the movie, some people are drunk.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The scene of the man cutting a dead body open can disturb some people.