Rust and Bone (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 16 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong sexual content, brief graphic nudity, some violence and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Alain and Stephanie have sex several times. The first time, we see her breast briefly and we see Alain's butt as he thrusts into her. The second time is very brief, but when Alain moves away, Stephanie's pubic hair can be seen for a few seconds.
- Alain carries Stephanie to the bathroom. He is fully nude and his penis is completely visible for a long period of time. Alaim also rubs his penis in graphic detail.
- Stephanie swims and tans topless. While swimming her breasts are not entirely clear as they are underwater. She turns over on her back to tan topless, and her breasts can be seen in an extreme close-up that is blurry due to the camera focusing on a person in the background.
- Alain has brief, but hard sex with a woman he meets at a yoga class. We see them thrusting and the side of her breast. The camerawork is frantic so the nudity is not too graphic, but grunts are audible and loud.
- Alain has sex with another woman in his bedroom. Again, he is thrusting hard, but it is dark, and no nudity is visible.
- The scenes containing very graphic nudity (particularly Alain's full frontal scene) are not really sexual. The few sex scenes there are generally include some out of focus or shaky shots of breasts, with a fully nude male exposing everything but his genitals.
Violence & Gore
- Alain fights for sport. We see some blood during the fights, but they are never extremely graphic.
- Stephanie crawls out of her hospital bed and realizes her legs have been amputated. With see some gnarled skin and stitches where the doctors made the cut
- A Silhouette of a body is seen underwater along with a cloud of blood floating
- Alain argues with his child drops him on his head.
- Alain is slapped by his sister.
- Alain wrestles a man at a club and Stephanie is seen on the ground with blood coming from her nose.
- 9 uses of fuck, 16 uses of shit, and a few mild obscenities, such as damn and crap.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- People drink casually at a bar.
- A woman is seen smoking a cigarette.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Contains some intense scenes of human trauma that aren't violent in any way, but still shake you. (I say it like this to avoid giving away major plot points)