Redcon-1 (2018) Poster

(2018)

Better than expected.
mcfall-525819 October 2018
Zombie films by definition are never going to be oscar material they are clearluy absurd but have potential be immersive and very enjoyable. I for one love a zombie film. It is true that there is some bad acting and some bad shots in this movie largely due to the budget and due to the utilisation of many unpaid extras of which I was one, you get what you pay for! The music score was good and I found myself caring about the lead charachter who was the stand out performer in the movie. The storyline was pretty good and with a bigger budget and removal of the romance element who knows what could have been achieved? In terms of Zombie films you could watch far worse and this is definately worth a watch.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please don't watch
sahand_si16 October 2018
This movie scenes are boring,un-realistic,and terrible in every way possible. All I can say is to please please not to watch it Also a zombie commander with soldiers listening to him? Pleaseeee
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not worth wasting time
kanzhou29 September 2018
I was surprised by the plots a couple of times during the movie wondering why the story would develop in such a ridiculous way. Two of the soldiers fell in love during the mission? The captain recalled his dead wife while playing with the little girl on the beach? The plot seems to be developing in a random and uncontrolled way. Several people left the cinema before the end.
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Highly anticipated and delivers
Rattler200030 September 2018
I have to say that when we were initially involved in the filming of Redcon-1, I was unsure what to expect. Having been a fan and funder towards independent horror for many years, I've seen what a struggle it can be and seen many fail or not even get released. The cast and crew worked tirelessly to get this film completed and released. Yes, it took time but independent films do. Having now watched the film on release day, I was so impressed with the cinematography, the effects, the story. Pretty much everything. The zombie theme has been hammered especially over the last few years but to me this had a different feel to it and whilst it was fairly long it did keep me gripped. Plenty of head shots, bullets flying, martial arts and gore and some very good performances from the actors. It was great to be part of this film. Tickets are still available for this limited cinema release around the country so get on it while you can and support British Independant Horror.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A bit of harmless fun
chrisarciszewska29 September 2018
I don't normally go to this type of film, but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was actually very well made and well acted for a low budget movie. It's quite long at nearly two hours and could have done with a bit more editing. Some of the scenes were the soldiers are attacked by an endless stream of zombies are a bit overdone and overly long. However there is enough going on with the plot that it held my attention, I didn't get bored nor was I waiting for it to end. I was surprised it was an 18 as apart from all the blood and gore that you would expect from a zombie movie there is no real unpleasantness or psychological trauma or anything truly disturbing in the story line. I liked the random bits of intestine lying on the pavement, but all the exploding blood capsules were a bit silly and contrived. The film does take itself a bit too seriously. It some ways it's neither one thing or another. It is not scary or threatening enough it really carry the storyline about the virus, the quarantine area and the 72 hours until total annihilation. Zombie films by their very nature are ridiculous and the film would have been better if it had played up the comedic element.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best zombie movie ever
k-j-wyatt21 October 2018
Action packed from start to finish loved the film so much can't wait for it to hit dvd!! And also it was amazing to meet the people behind this film! Wish I could give it a higher rating that 10/10
2 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Worth the wait
mr_j_blackpool29 October 2018
If you like Zombies then you are on to a winner . If it is martial arts that is your thing then you are on to a winner and if its just blatant gun totting warfare then you will not be disappointed. Redcon 1 is a full on zombie gore-fest that has you on the edge of the seat from start to finish. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie that much i went to see it 4 times at the cinema I think Redcon-1 stands up there along with 28 days later and World War Z
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.