User ReviewsReview this title
I don't know about you peeps but I am sick of directors trying to stand out to inflate their ego's by completely changing the entire Zombie movements, habbits etc. etc. If you watch a lot of Zombie movies you will know what I mean i.e. zombies that move like Olympic 100 metres athletes and think about what they are doing! Eh? Directors are ruining the zombie world with their hybrid crappy intelligent and athletic undead. The zombies in this were climbing, running, thinking and organising themselves just like uninfected people do. Heck! The infected were all as strong as Poppye the Sailor man and, the bad guy even manages to become strong as the Hulk! It seems to have been made up as it rumbled along and the almost 2 hour running time just made it drag out painfully and dismal.
If only the king of Zombie movie-makers, George Romero, was still with us we could be watching better releases. I'm suprised Mr Romero is not rising from his grave and punishing these untalented directors...especially the ones who remake his older movies and make a right rubbish hash of them!
Is there nobody out there who can put a lot more BITE into the Zombie Horror flicks?
1. Acting / characters: The acting was not good in this film. Some of the dialogue was both clunky and cheesy. I found myself not really knowing much about the characters and - as a result - I didn't care about them.
2. The run time: The film was way, way, way too long. At least an hour too long. It was action scene, zombie stuff, internal conflict with the soldiers, repeat the above for over two hours. None of the action sequences brought anything new to what you were watching so - when you saw the first one, you'd pretty much seen the rest of them.
3. Script / Plot: Nothing we haven't seen before but not as executed as well as it could have been. It needed tightening and some new twists (other than a "twist" at the end which just missed the mark by a mile and infuriated me). It appears to have taken bits from your favourite zombie films, mashed them together and executed them in a poorer style.
That's the negatives.
1. Action is hard to direct and I've seen many directors who are at the top of their game fluff this. But it was clear to see what was happening, who was punching who and with little motion sickness (some go way overboard with shaky cameras in other films but not this one). It was shot well.
2. The score was good for the material they had to work with. Had the script been tighter, there could have been some powerful scenes with the added music.
3. For a low-budget film it looks great. There are a couple of dodgy effects which people laughed at (knees getting shot for example) but - overall - it would stand up well next to high budget films...
Last comment: style over substance. Had it not been so long, it could have been an average film but... The running time and other issues killed it for me personally. Give it a watch though and make your own mind up :)
the three stars is due to the film having some redeeming features...such as, i would recommend watching this if you suffer from the following - constipation - bound to bore the s*&t out of you illness - you will likely fall asleep watching this insomnia - you will likely fall asleep watching this boredom - will motivate you to find something better to do
the characters are apparently 'acting'? i'm not trained as an actor, so i'm not an expert. there appears to be an unlimited supply of ammo. why just shoot a zombie when you can show off your nemours fighting skills and weapons training.
this production must have been fun for the cast, getting to dress up in military fatigues and carry and fire blank firing weapons without any aspects of any real danger that might be associated with the characters they portray. which is something i have yet to work out.
the production missed a trick. they could have achieved a further star with some gratuitous nudity thrown in???? which is what a lot of low budget films resort to!!!
IN ORDER TO CONTAIN A SPOILER. THERE MUST BE AN ELEMENT OF STORY?
Then it got worse. Complete rubbish. Most moronic plan in the World condcuted by the moron squad.
Do not waste you life on this.
From the first 5 minutes it became clear that this "movie" is not even by independent, low-budget-films standards something even remotely worth watching.
Actors look like either they're struggling really hard for a few bucks with their roles or play with a few guns pointed towards them.
I can't continue "reviewing" and if 5 minutes is all that it takes to form an oppinion about a movie and then you stop watching it, I leave it to the viewers to draw a conclusion.
Does not help the zombie genre at all. Lasted 10 minutes then just left it on in back ground in case we saw each other.
Glad I didn't pay to see this at cinema