Redcon-1 (2018) Poster

(2018)

Not worth wasting time
kanzhou29 September 2018
I was surprised by the plots a couple of times during the movie wondering why the story would develop in such a ridiculous way. Two of the soldiers fell in love during the mission? The captain recalled his dead wife while playing with the little girl on the beach? The plot seems to be developing in a random and uncontrolled way. Several people left the cinema before the end.
21 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
In the Middle
rvillafana19575 March 2019
Not nearly as bad, or as good, as some of the reviewers say. I found it acceptable, considering the budget, and lack of a "name" star. Tons of action and blood, if you go for that, and acting not horrible either. It was on the long side though, I would agree with that, could have been a good 20 minutes shorter. I gave it a seven because the plot was just a little bit different, and they fleshed out at least a couple of the characters.
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
DEAD BORING, stupid, and a total disasterous Zombie film!
silicontourist23 December 2018
From what I knew of the film I had hopes that it might be an OK movie; even if the budget for it was low as is with a lot of Zombie & Horror films that get churned out. As a person from England I am not used to seeing this genre of film being made over here so, I had hopes that it might be as good as the English Werewolf horror flick, "DOG SOLDIERS." Well peeps! About 5-10 minutes into the movie I completely abandoned all hope of anything remotely scary, horrific or decent being in this stupidly made ZombApoc!

I don't know about you peeps but I am sick of directors trying to stand out to inflate their ego's by completely changing the entire Zombie movements, habbits etc. etc. If you watch a lot of Zombie movies you will know what I mean i.e. zombies that move like Olympic 100 metres athletes and think about what they are doing! Eh? Directors are ruining the zombie world with their hybrid crappy intelligent and athletic undead. The zombies in this were climbing, running, thinking and organising themselves just like uninfected people do. Heck! The infected were all as strong as Poppye the Sailor man and, the bad guy even manages to become strong as the Hulk! It seems to have been made up as it rumbled along and the almost 2 hour running time just made it drag out painfully and dismal.

If only the king of Zombie movie-makers, George Romero, was still with us we could be watching better releases. I'm suprised Mr Romero is not rising from his grave and punishing these untalented directors...especially the ones who remake his older movies and make a right rubbish hash of them!

Is there nobody out there who can put a lot more BITE into the Zombie Horror flicks?
20 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disappointing.
shawthingproductions25 November 2018
Given the word I had heard about this zombie film, I was disappointed with the execution but - being a fellow creative - I don't want to dwell on the negatives so will get those out of the way early on before concentrating on what was done well.

1. Acting / characters: The acting was not good in this film. Some of the dialogue was both clunky and cheesy. I found myself not really knowing much about the characters and - as a result - I didn't care about them.

2. The run time: The film was way, way, way too long. At least an hour too long. It was action scene, zombie stuff, internal conflict with the soldiers, repeat the above for over two hours. None of the action sequences brought anything new to what you were watching so - when you saw the first one, you'd pretty much seen the rest of them.

3. Script / Plot: Nothing we haven't seen before but not as executed as well as it could have been. It needed tightening and some new twists (other than a "twist" at the end which just missed the mark by a mile and infuriated me). It appears to have taken bits from your favourite zombie films, mashed them together and executed them in a poorer style.

That's the negatives.

The positives.

1. Action is hard to direct and I've seen many directors who are at the top of their game fluff this. But it was clear to see what was happening, who was punching who and with little motion sickness (some go way overboard with shaky cameras in other films but not this one). It was shot well.

2. The score was good for the material they had to work with. Had the script been tighter, there could have been some powerful scenes with the added music.

3. For a low-budget film it looks great. There are a couple of dodgy effects which people laughed at (knees getting shot for example) but - overall - it would stand up well next to high budget films...

Last comment: style over substance. Had it not been so long, it could have been an average film but... The running time and other issues killed it for me personally. Give it a watch though and make your own mind up :)
20 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Utter garbage
kyleyates-1178329 January 2019
The trailer had a better storyline than the actual movie. The acting was terrible and the love/emotional scenes were more out of place than the queen of England munching on a greasy kebab after a p**s up at a local pub. The zombies are made out to be viscous killing machines yet for some reason once they'd surrounded the "heroes" in certain scenes they stand at a distance as if the soldiers had spent all day rolling round in cow s**t. One soldier after being shot a few times insists on being left behind because he's just gonna slow his comrades down yet 60 seconds later goes into a 10 minute fight scene jumping off walls and performing roundhouse kicks at will. Basically don't bother watching this film unless the sound of terrible acting and rage inducing directing somehow help you get to sleep. Only reason I gave this a rating of 1 is that there isn't an option for 0.
10 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Please don't watch
sahand_si16 October 2018
This movie scenes are boring,un-realistic,and terrible in every way possible. All I can say is to please please not to watch it Also a zombie commander with soldiers listening to him? Pleaseeee
22 out of 34 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
wow, i mean WOW
kayedaniel24 December 2018
I'm reviewing this 25 min into a 2 hour run time. i can't imagine this film will improve within the remaining time left.

the three stars is due to the film having some redeeming features...such as, i would recommend watching this if you suffer from the following - constipation - bound to bore the s*&t out of you illness - you will likely fall asleep watching this insomnia - you will likely fall asleep watching this boredom - will motivate you to find something better to do

the characters are apparently 'acting'? i'm not trained as an actor, so i'm not an expert. there appears to be an unlimited supply of ammo. why just shoot a zombie when you can show off your nemours fighting skills and weapons training.

this production must have been fun for the cast, getting to dress up in military fatigues and carry and fire blank firing weapons without any aspects of any real danger that might be associated with the characters they portray. which is something i have yet to work out.

the production missed a trick. they could have achieved a further star with some gratuitous nudity thrown in???? which is what a lot of low budget films resort to!!!

IN ORDER TO CONTAIN A SPOILER. THERE MUST BE AN ELEMENT OF STORY?
11 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Still somewhat interesting
ParisImpressionH-Y-7 March 2019
The film is generally very ordinary in all aspects, and some places are even romantic to some ridiculous. However, there are still some things to watch out - the relationship between characters and characters is very good, and some places can even be said to be touching.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible
montedebois20 January 2019
Just wasted a lot of time watching this absolutely boring film, predictable, bad acting, could go on but as I say wasted enough time, just bad. Bad.
8 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Won't make it to supermarket bargain DVD bin
rickstephens-5779223 December 2018
Watching the "premiere" of this indie zombie film, I had initially had fairly high expectations, given the amount of marketing that has gone into promoting this film. What I actually found was far less. Here we have a classic silhouette of the ever popular 28 Days Later but with a twisted storyline that makes no sense whatsoever. The characters were identified but the continuity lost itself half way into the film. Given a stronger storyline and direction that leads the audience to several important plot points, this could have been a big hit worldwide. The only noteriety attached to this film is actor / producer Carlos Gallardo who has a verifiable link to Hollywood director Robert Rodriguez who brought us titles like Desperado, Once Upon A Time In Mexico and From Dusk Till Dawn. This is paperweight and fails to compensate for the lack of story, continuity and true to life action that this film sadly does not deliver.
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage
christo-4867724 December 2018
Don't waste nearly 2 hour's of your life on this rubbish.
10 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sooo Bad....
dneale-7509830 December 2018
I singned up just to review this, it was so bad... I wondered when the supposedly British general tuened up in no.2 dress, but wearing a beret??? (No he wasn't a para!) and everyone saluted him even though they had no hats on - that includes the Brits - would never happen..ever...

Then it got worse. Complete rubbish. Most moronic plan in the World condcuted by the moron squad.

Do not waste you life on this.
6 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Did the zombie job well enough
boydpeters9 March 2019
Did it's job. Fast paced. Shedloads of blood and sausage intestines. A few pointless punch ups but refreshing to watch a half decent zombie action gorefest. Last few years have been pretty poor for watchable films. It's not Dawn of the Dead but what is? Worth watching and acceptable addition to the genre
2 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A bit of harmless fun
chrisarciszewska29 September 2018
I don't normally go to this type of film, but I was pleasantly surprised. I thought it was actually very well made and well acted for a low budget movie. It's quite long at nearly two hours and could have done with a bit more editing. Some of the scenes were the soldiers are attacked by an endless stream of zombies are a bit overdone and overly long. However there is enough going on with the plot that it held my attention, I didn't get bored nor was I waiting for it to end. I was surprised it was an 18 as apart from all the blood and gore that you would expect from a zombie movie there is no real unpleasantness or psychological trauma or anything truly disturbing in the story line. I liked the random bits of intestine lying on the pavement, but all the exploding blood capsules were a bit silly and contrived. The film does take itself a bit too seriously. It some ways it's neither one thing or another. It is not scary or threatening enough it really carry the storyline about the virus, the quarantine area and the 72 hours until total annihilation. Zombie films by their very nature are ridiculous and the film would have been better if it had played up the comedic element.
13 out of 25 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dreadful
dilsonbelper3 March 2019
We can I begin, I watched this movie for free, and I still want my money back for time wasted, It is far far far far too long that would be 1hr 56m too long, and next time get a proper director, actors, writers and a decent original storyline and it might just work
4 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than expected.
mcfall-525819 October 2018
Zombie films by definition are never going to be oscar material they are clearluy absurd but have potential be immersive and very enjoyable. I for one love a zombie film. It is true that there is some bad acting and some bad shots in this movie largely due to the budget and due to the utilisation of many unpaid extras of which I was one, you get what you pay for! The music score was good and I found myself caring about the lead charachter who was the stand out performer in the movie. The storyline was pretty good and with a bigger budget and removal of the romance element who knows what could have been achieved? In terms of Zombie films you could watch far worse and this is definately worth a watch.
8 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Weird
richie_efc23 December 2018
Can't make head nor tail about with this film is about. It's like a computer game.
6 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great Independent movie
jasondavitt15 March 2019
Was very pleasantly surprised by the well developed storyline and unique approach from multiple well developed characters. Acting well above par for this movie genre too... a very underestimated film that packs an awful lot into its two hours so no boredom sets in. A great achievement on a low budget! Better than a lot of big studio films like World War Z etc. Give this film a chance!
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Great film action and zombie gore.
danieleghan14 March 2019
Great film and stiryvwith martial art fighting versus zombie. This is original really well made great music and filming sequences.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Haters..
robmackenzie19851 March 2019
Dont understand all the bad reviews? Its obv not high budget, think the makers have done an ok job to be honest. Worth a watch.
5 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An interesting take on the zombie genre.
cuzentrex1 March 2019
This film has a unusual but dark story to it, which helps it stand out and the aspect idea of the undead being able to wield weaponry and hold their own in a fair fight adds a great element of danger.
4 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Avoid this movie
obelixdk4 March 2019
I stopped watching the movie after 20min and still felt like i wasted 2 hours of my day.

Also they boosted the rating in here by posting fake 10 star reviews of the movie
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
do not the same mistake as many others here did
ziusty3 March 2019
As someone pointed out above...I can't even fathom where I should begin in "reviewing" this piece of ... (you fill those in, I can't call it "art").

From the first 5 minutes it became clear that this "movie" is not even by independent, low-budget-films standards something even remotely worth watching.

Actors look like either they're struggling really hard for a few bucks with their roles or play with a few guns pointed towards them.

I can't continue "reviewing" and if 5 minutes is all that it takes to form an oppinion about a movie and then you stop watching it, I leave it to the viewers to draw a conclusion.

Cheers!
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
terrible movie
frerouma3 March 2019
I watch 5minutes and that is enough. bad actors, bad director
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What garbage
feckedinablender10 March 2019
Me and my other half were zombie extras in this, so we knew it wasn't going to be great. It's embarrassingly poor. No wonder they emailed us asking to give it good reviews.

Does not help the zombie genre at all. Lasted 10 minutes then just left it on in back ground in case we saw each other.

Glad I didn't pay to see this at cinema
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.