Ek Tha Tiger (2012) Poster

(2012)

Don't expect to be 'wow'ed just simple entertainment like a mediocre novel.
jhabrijeshbk25 August 2012
After a certain period of time we get used to certain things.For example if Shahrukh laughs in a certain way or Salmaaan renders a dialog or Akshay give a one liner we just may just like it without any logical reason. So if you are someone who asks questions like, Is 'RAW' run by just one person?Don't they have any protocols?How can a spy just asked to be part of a meeting because it will be the hub of intelligence and get the go?, then probably this movie isn't for you.

From a pure entertainment perspective the movie seems to be okay.There are occasions to laughs and some action sequence are nice.Katrina looks lovely as usual.Her Hindi is much improved.

Pace of the movie could have been better.I find it hard to understand why so many songs have to be coaxed into a spy movie.Imagine five songs playing during mission impossible!Overall I would recommend to wait for it to come to one of the channels and watch it on a lazy Sunday.
16 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good job Mr. Salman!
devileye0329 November 2012
To start of with, I didn't like the previous 2 movies of Salman, viz. Ready and Bodyguard. But Ek tha Tiger for me, is a pleasant entertainer. Kabir Khan after 'Newyork' does a good job as a director again. Credit goes to him coz he makes Tiger a very charming character like Chulbul Pandey and Salman Khan executed it precisely.

Salman is at his best, both in romance and action. Katrina looks gorgeous and has equal screen time. She has performed well. Both the leads are in the best costumes, specially in songs. Cinematography is top-notch. The screenplay works at a decent pace though some cinematic liberty has been taken in the storyline. I wasn't bored throughout. The action is excellent, thanks to stunt crew from Hollywood. Music is OK. Its one of the good films of Salman and a must watch.
18 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Entertaining in every segment..................
tharukshan1216 January 2014
This is one of my best seen action films in bollywood till date. From beginning to ending it's gone through as an actionable thriller along with love story very smartly. Beneath the whole movie, salman's performance as a spy could be acceptable. Apart from this point, actions sequences from him really come out stunningly and surprisingly. And his love interest, katrina kaif who's also a spy has given her best in both lovable scenes and action scenes which will undoubtedly make you to be excited. According to me this movie is a great recipe which has tasty ingredients such as action,thriller and love altogether perfectly. All action lovers should not miss this film for any reason which is not only for sallu bhai and kaif but also for this amazing scripted film.

Plus points : Action sequences.

Performance of lead roles.

Amazing climax.

Lovable songs and so on.

Minus points : Movie could have been even lengthier.

Don't miss this wonderful entertainment!!!!!!!!!!
13 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Excellent Movie!
danny_alam00728 August 2012
I have watched the movie. Its excellent and I loved the way how action sequences done. It's definitely a must watch movie. Here, I have already read the other reviews. However, I can't understand why some of them are saying the movie has no story. I have watched the movie two times and I believe the story is not as poor as they are shouting. The story is far better than any other recent Indian blockbuster movies. The way Salman Khan acted in this film is definitely outstanding. He must carry on this kind of work. I have waited long enough to watch a such kind of movie. Though, I believe the story is not finished yet, but I think something must come as a next part to end the story.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
one of the best movie i ever seen
youmylove_252610 January 2013
As usual salman khan did wonderful job.he made this movie best ever. well the action of the movie is awesome. i think its never been make such a real action in Indian cinema. i just chemistry between salman and Katrina is outstanding and the music is so melodious i would love to watch this movie 100 times. i suggest all people go and watch again again because they don't make such a real movies all the time because mostly we made romantic movies all the time.but this movie has everything what a expectorates want to be. love this movie and the story is fresh and new. salmon did a mind blowing acting again and Katrina is brilliant with her role.its no way if i give this movie less then 10 out of 10
14 out of 18 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ridiculous Tiger whose mission was just a laughing stock
callmeshaun17 August 2012
First of all the good side: 1) Different from Salman's signature films (BG, Ready, DBNG) 2) Decent Action (though usage of Body Double is very much visible) These are the two reasons why I have given a 2 star rating

Now coming to the Negatives: 1. Kabir Khan wanted to juxtapose everything on top of nothing, as a result this effort is nothing but a damp squib 2. The script forcefully wanted to add a sensitive chapter which became just a laughing stock, basically 0 research on life of secret agents 3. There is nothing called Climax in the movie because Salman Khan finally has to succeed in any kind of chase, action etc. The final scene is utter non-sense 4. The twist that has been added during the intermission can be guessed by anyone from miles away, the director thought it would outsmart us but sadly did'nt 5. Wrong Positioning of the Film - It may read interesting when the plot summary goes like this "A RAW agent goes on a mission to observe Trinity Scientist ..." but believe me, that is just for 15 mins after which he just falls in love without doing any duty...

Verdict - Mashallah !! Salman can only sell a Maruti 800 as BMW !!!
77 out of 124 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Avoidable!
inavneetsingh15 August 2012
I went to watch this movie with lots of expectation(because some of my friends told me it's Salman's best) but what it sucks totally.

Why people make movie when they don't have a story?? Yes, Ek Tha Tiger is without story.

I think this is worst movie i watch after bodyguard with worst ending.

Yes it's smashing all record because of Salman Khan presence and Independence day is another factor.

Other(Dabangg,Wanted) salman's khan movie is good in comparison with ek tha tiger.

I kinda like music only, Mashallah is good.

in sort this movie is for Salman Khan fans, who worship him!!
118 out of 209 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It is not a Tiger's roar rather it is Meow.
dineshprakash15 August 2012
Watched "EK THA TIGER". It is not a Tiger's roar rather it is meow. An average film. Very tricky situation friend, If you watch film you will repent, because expectations were too high, if you won't then you repent also because hype is too much. Action scenes are innovative and entertaining. Director Mr. Kabir Khan has given more importance to explore new locations rather than thinking about content. There are no limitations to any character. Whenever screenplay writers, Mr. Kabir Khan and Neelesh Mishra want to surprise audiences, they can do anything with logic or without logic. Dialogues are also not upto mark. This is not a fast pace film as it should have been for a spy film not it is so sweet like a romantic film. Music is so so but lyrically it is bad. It is neither a Masala film nor an intelligent one. Performances are also average. It is very difficult to say even one time watch.
128 out of 228 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Romantic Cake with ACTION topping!!!
payallgade15 August 2012
Definitely a one time watch.... Watch it in theaters for: 1)All the action sequences(specially Kat in second half...it even beats the BOND series) 2)Mesmerizing Salman-Kat Chemistry....(Even they look awesome here :D ) 3)Few witty dialogs about Indo-Pak relations(Its from a common man's heart specially the one at the end) 4)Salman Salman and Salman....("kya TIGER!!!....TIGER to kutte ka naam hota hai..") He portrays an extraordinary spy who's needs are as ordinary as our's(After long time he play a common guy)...Its all about sallu-kat romance and love with a strong flavor of action(Best part of movie)

Please don't search for following : 1)LOGIC 2)LOGIC 3)LOGIC Just don't expect logic or loads of twists...keep your brains out and enjoy the film!!!
49 out of 83 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ek Tha Romance
jayflora16 August 2012
The trailer is a bit misleading. The movie is showcased as a spy thriller/suspense sort of a movie with little love/romantic angle, so the viewer might expect a lot of action. But it turned out to be a love story and the whole movie revolves around it. Of whatever action there is, its because of two lovers trying to be together and not a spy trying to steal valuable information or anything. Its very well put together, and Katrina has acted well, loved her in this role and she looks like a charm considering she didn't use any makeup for this one. I went with 4 other guys, all of them were disappointed, I wasn't, I cant say its good, nor can say its bad, its a bit above average, hence 6.If the trailer showed Salman holding hands with katrina showing her the stars rather than him shooting people, and the intro line was something like "Two lovers......." rather than "RAW and ISI.............", than people wouldn't have expected so much love/romance and wouldn't be disappointed. People found it slow since love/romance is slow, and a few would also have a problem seeing Salman in a much lighter shade as compared to boastful/salman focused movies like Dabangg/ready/bodyguard. Its definitely a one time watch, if its playing on TV, i'll watch it, not change the channel, it does strike a chord.
18 out of 27 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If you can bear the first half, second half is worth it!!
jay-techie200716 August 2012
Brilliant plot which has been poorly executed till the first half. Bollywood directors seems to be poor in setting up stories (like Players vs. The Italian Job) and that's where this movie takes a beat. The movie bores you till death with poor story flow, pathetic dialogues, mistimed punches, dragged and unrealistic chases/fights. Even the heroics of Salman Khan and acting icon like Girish Karnad could not wake you up.

But come second half and the movie has everything you can expect in this kind of movie. The surprizing twists n turns in the story (reminds me of RACE), perfectly timed punches and very well executed fight sequences will make you change your opinion. For Salman Khan and Katrina fans, its a must watch. Rest might save their money for something better.
42 out of 71 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Critics are Going to be humble this time!
lieutenantarpit15 August 2012
The Most awaited Movie of the year 2012, Yash Raj Films First Project with Salman Khan, Directed by Kabul express & New York's much celebrated Director Kabir Khan, with Katrina 'Bankable' Kaif as female lead, also Big names like Girish Karnad, Roshan Seth & Ranvir Shorey HAS ARRIVED, with a BANG!

Salman khan, the most bankable star on box office today, with 4 previous movies making over 100 crores each, is the real superstar of single screen as well as multiplexes today. According to a popular belief in Bollywood these days, If you get Salman's name associated with your movie, it WILL do well on box office. Ek tha Tiger, was being talked about from the very day the project was announced. Salman's fans were eager to watch the movie, based on the life of a spy, expecting a action packed movie. Critics however wanted to watch what Yash raj & Kabir has to offer, and will Salman deliver something different, something extraordinary?

The story is simple, A successful spy falls in love during a mission, following a lead he discovers his love is actually a Pakistani ISI agent . They part only to meet again during an international peace summit, a dance & a chat leads to something big, Lovers go missing & make both RAW & ISI come together. Script of the Movie keeps you wanting more, holds you there with a curious mind asking, whats next? Screenplay is commendable, being a Kabir Khan movie, it was expected. ETT has been shot on beautiful locations like Ireland, Cuba & Turkey. Cinematography is good, Music is gaining popularity with time, few songs like Banjara, Mashaallah & Laapata are already chart busters. But the biggest factor that will make critics judging this movie feel good, is the performances by both Salman and Katrina. Expressive they both are, and deliver an exceptional performance just what was required for this movie.

However unlike his previous movies, where Salman was seen doing out of the world (read South inspired) action, this movie had an action director who has been stunt coordinator in movies like King Kong, Iron man, Ghost Rider, The Bourne Ultimatum, Mission: Impossible & Sherlock Holmes etc. Therefore the action scenes looks appealing and Not out of the world. The chase scene has been shot really well and you will find audience applauding during it. However for single screen audience who were waiting for a complete action movie, it could be a set back, because the director wanted to show the different side of a spy apart from his duty.

On a final note, it is a good script, commendable performance and Good direction that Makes Ek tha Tiger a movie worth watching. And yes the YRF guys have released it in a festive atmosphere, so take out time and go watch the movie. Thumbs up from me.
70 out of 130 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
i have seen advisements that entertained me more
lamba-215 August 2012
This movie should have been scrapped midway. It is soo bad that by the end of it i was yearning for the time spend watching it back. You cant put comedy and such a serious topic together and be hopeful that it succeeds. This 6.1 rating is bogus. If you are going to watch it then i hope you have a lot of money cuz u just wasted it on this crap movie. It was so bad that i actually registered on IMDb to tell you how bad it is. The story line is a work of utter nonsense its like a delusional fantasy of a 12 year old. I wont write any spoilers so that all may view this and understand the extent of utter bull this movie contains. I hope you take heed of my warning. overall this movie deserves less then 1 in IMDb rating.
47 out of 85 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Salman khan rocks again
karizmabadrinath15 August 2012
I watched Salman khan's much awaited Ek tha tiger movie and was really happy to watch salman khan in action again. More than that he has once again paired up with the gorgeous Katrina kaif in this movie. This movie is an action extravaganza. Right from the first scene salman khan has provided a bright performance and his stunt sequences and timing in the comedy scenes are very delightful to watch. Katrina has given a good role after a very very long time. She is very gorgeous in the film. Her stunt sequences are much laudable. Her performance resembles me the performance of Angelina joulie in Mr. & Mrs. smith. She suits perfect with salman. The screenplay was awesome and the background score of the movie gives a charge to the screenplay. The songs are also fantastic. The only lack of the movie is the lack in the story. Kabir khan should have concentrated over the story. This movie is good but it could have been better. Every fan of Salman khan would love this movie but other fans just stay away.
42 out of 76 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
My one of the favourite movie
cholobarite11 December 2020
It is a great movie of Salman khan. The story of this movie is very great.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Loved the jodi of Salman and Katrina.
manojthecoolhunk10 August 2020
This movie doesn't deserve 5.5 ratings, should have been around 7 or 8.
Tiger is back with Bang
gawadedurga25 July 2020
Tiger awesome
sanketsatbhai-9746325 July 2020
A fantastic thrilling entertainer
pranjulpoonam28 June 2020
Ek tha tiger is a superb entertainer and winner in all the ways. Two opponent spies love each other and then what happened....this tells Ek tha tiger Kabir khan direction is very good,story different and very nice, screenplay is also up to the mark. Music is very good,all songs are very lovable Salman khan again looks dashing macho man as raw agent,he delivered one of the best performance,his fight scenes are tremendous.katrina did a very good job as Pakistani agent.Girish karnad is excellent. Overall Ek tha tiger is a beautiful action thriller and deserve to worth watch in my opinion.
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Come on man! It's a good movie!
rs-243354 May 2020
Come on! It's an action entertainer and it does it's job. You come out experiencing a good amount of action and blissful music. Stop being hypocrites people. You love it when Hollywood does a linear action movie. But when Bollywood does it, you start bashing it. This won't make you cool. It's a damn good movie.
Awesome Movie
subratosaha-6034429 April 2020
Movie Superb... Action fantastic 😍 Salman always best 😍😘😘 Kat Supb 😍 Awesome movie 😍
GREAT
raktimdhar-6584723 December 2019
Its an out and out Blockbuster movie... salman katrina... great action .. beautiful locations...
big disappointment
user-223-36191517 August 2012
i am great fan of Salmon khan , but m really disappointed with eke the tiger movie, my hopes are really to much fr dis movie watch d first show but m very disappointed with d story.If you watch film you will repent, because expectations were too high, if you won't then you repent also because hype is too much. although Salmon sir and Kate has made very good effort to lift d movie but as i told u Der is no story. its an insult to RAW . its because of Salmon Bahia and Kat , v peoples are going and because of Salmon Bahia and Kat d movie has earned 33 crones in 2 days.the music is KKK .It is very difficult to say even one time watch.
29 out of 53 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Salman - Jungle Ka Sher, Movie - Cicrus Ka Sher
Somak2116 August 2012
There might still be a long queue outside every single screen and multiplex by the time I'm writing this review. Post WANTED, DABANGG, READY & BODYGUARD, this one's another Salman Khan Saga that is yet another full-of-masala, without any substance big-budget risk by producers, but has Salman Khan ever let down them? Like any other Salman bhai flick money will come back to them double or triple. Now let's come to the points why Ek Tha Tiger works wonders only on financial angle and falls flat on other angles.

Dud No. 1 : Failed Concept Applied Once Again In The Same Year -

Remember an awesome (sarcastically) movie that hit floors on march this year? Yes, Agent Vinod it is. Agent Vinod still had some ISI & RAW based moments and stylishly represented missions, chases and moments which were dull but somehow realistic. 'Ek Tha Tiger' has just the name RAW in which Avinash Rathore aka TIGER (Salman Khan) worked and ISI in which Zoya (Katrina Kaif) worked. The trailer bragged too much about ISI & RAW and their rivalry but neither did we saw any sophisticated rivalry (even though Salman beat up some ISI agents) nor any mission which was convincing enough. But when Salman Khan was beating up ISI agents and local goons, who the hell cares about mission? It's ceetee, clap and shouting time.

Dud no. 2 : Anti-Pakistan Theme - Racism

There was a time when great movies like GADAR, BORDER, MISSION KASHMIR, ZAMEEN were made based upon this theme. Even it was racist but the movies were substantially gracious and brilliantly scripted and dialogued. Ek Tha Tiger from the beginning is continuously challenging activities by Pakistan, ISI, Muslim Race etc etc and etc. But when Salman Khan says "Sir, Hum Kyun Ladh Rahe Hain Humein Khud Bhi Nahi Pata", does it justify everything? What happened to this thought before meeting Zoya and falling in love with her? Still, the tame dialogue drew some depth in Salman Khan Lover's minds and thus the movie is based upon a brilliant subject - 'Why Hindu & Musilms should unite'.

Dud No. 3 : Immature Script Including Feeble Moments

There's nothing much in the movie except the action scenes. The action scene in the introduction shot of Tiger heated the blood but boredom made its appearance just then and dragged the tale till interval. The second part was starting to be quite fun and entertaining with larger-than-life action and chase sequences by both Tiger and Zoya but the pithless climax messed up everything. But still the action sequences and the song 'Laapata' work big time.

Dud No. 4 : Katrina Kaif and her 'Hindi'

While Salman Khan tried his best to give a 'worth-it' performance, it was Katrina Kaif who was ruining the fun. Even her looks and physique were tempting but when it comes to performance, she starts failing. Adding to that, her faulty 'Hindi' drags more attention and adds another point in criticizing negative about her.

Dud No. 5 : Terrible Performances by Rest of The Tiny Crew

When It's a Salman Khan movie, rest of the crew doesn't matter at all. But when co-actors like Ranvir Shorey, Girish Karned and Roshan Seth give 'booooooooo' performances, what remains in the film something good except Salman Khan?

Dud No.6 : Mediocre Soundtrack

Another special ingredient other than story, script and dialogues is soundtrack of the movie which can save a movie from evil remarks. But without 'Mashallah' & 'Laapata', I don't see any other track which worked for the movie.

Dud No. 7 : Kabir Khan's visionary decline

Without even having a proper look at the subject, Kabir Khan just went with 'masala' and 'mardhaar'. I loved both 'Kabul Express' and 'New York' for one's out-of-the-box concept and the other's awesome take on life of the convict falsely accuse of 9/11. Both of the movies starred such people who have no relation to acting. But this time there was Salman Khan with him. What the hell happened? Maybe relying on 'Salman Khan Movies Theorem', he took this move and I'm sure he will fetch good money to the financiers.

Finally, Ek Tha Tiger is nothing without Salman Khan. It has no hugely entertaining moments, nothing such as a good story, slow-paced and draggy clichΓ©d script and a mediocre soundtrack. Only the high-octane action scenes, Salman & Katrina's catchy chemistry and the man himself - SALMAN Khan saves the day. Watch only if you're a Salman Khan Fan otherwise wait for DVD or TV telecast and if you don't want to watch it at all then don't. Everything in this movie except Salman Khan, disappoints badly.
26 out of 48 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Salman finds love in a time of political tensions.
jefflouvre-435-7736728 August 2012
FASTER than Usain Bolt, more charming than Rudolph Valentino and able to leap from building rooftops gracefully.

Salman Khan does these and more, including stripping off to show off his torso and wiggling his hips to dance music.

However, his two most impressive feats are stopping a runaway electric tram with only his jacket, and becoming Evil Knievel to jump into an aircraft that's just taken off.

Salman plays Indian spy Tiger, who's never taken a day off in 12 years and hasn't had time for romance.

His next assignment takes him to Ireland to keep an eye on a professor (Roshan Seth, who appeared in Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom), who may be leaking missile secrets to Pakistan.

His first introduction to the professor's assistant, Zoya (Katrina Kaif), is by way of her lithe body and wiggly buttocks. Which tough guy could resist that?

To cut a long story short, Tiger falls for Zoya, who is revealed to be a Pakistani spy. The movie purports to show him killing her, but I knew that this flick wouldn't dare to portray our dear hero as a heartless killer.

The two run off together but not before triggering an international manhunt from the two countries. They attempt to lie low in Havana but those Cuban robbers just can't stay away from a handsome Indian couple.

When Tiger's boss asks him why he ran off, he says that he's now choosing his heart over his mind. Dear viewers, this is an eye-opener.

The movie wants us to believe that love will conquer all and even makes a case that Romeo and Juliet will bring two spy agencies that hate each other to the table to tackle a common enemy.

This was my first Salman movie, and I must say that I was pleasantly surprised by his clownish antics, cute dialogue, non-stop roller-coaster action and his chemistry with Katrina. The final part must be because the two used to date each other.

Katrina shows that she's no shrinking violet as her character beats the hell out of some baddies.

I also liked the travelogue feel of the movie, which takes viewers to New Delhi, Ireland, Istanbul and Havana.

The dance scenes in Ireland and Cuba are colorful and full of verve, and they reflect the cultures of the countries. For example, there's a salsa beat to the music in Cuba. For this, credit goes to director Kabir Khan.

However, the movie's interminable length, implausible action and cheesy love theme will get you down.

Love transcends boundaries, but it can only get you so far with viewers.

** Movie Magic With Jeff Lee (blogspot and Facebook)
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.