Guardians of the Galaxy (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 33 items
Sex & Nudity
- Rocket, who is a raccoon, is briefly shown not wearing clothes while entering his prison cell after being showered, his folded prison uniform held over his groin.
- Around 13-14 min a blue naked man is seen rising from a pool what contains a purple liquid. He is seen staying in a lateral postion where his genitals aren't visible. In the next scene he is seen walking naked, but his nudity isn't visible due the darkness of the room.
- Gamora wears a tight fitting outfit but NO female nudity.
- Gamora can be seen topless in the movie trailer (no graphic nudity). This scene does not appear in the movie
- In the beginning, an alien girl is briefly shown in a t-shirt and panties sitting in Peter's ship. Even though it is implied the two had a one-night stand, the scene isn't shot in a sexualized manner.
- A man talks about sleeping with a woman to get information.
- Sexual references, meant to be funny.
- Peter is seen shirtless in one scene with his underwear.
Violence & Gore
- An alien-like character grabs the orb in one scene to commit suicide. The scene, however, is highly stylised.
- When a boy's mother is dying, she looks like she's bleeding. This is emotional and can be especially distressing for kids.
- This has an average amount of violence for an MCU movie. It doesnt have any gore. There are some scenes where large amounts of people are killed by various methods, being blown up, shot, having an arrow shot through their chest and out their backs. Little blood and no gore in every scene.
- A man uses his powers to snap an alien's neck around 180 degrees
- Fight scenes throughout (hand to hand, laser gun shoot outs and spaceship battles)
- A man is tied against a pole. A man goes up to him with a hammer and offscreen we hear a loud bang. Blood runs down the chair after.
- A guard uses a cattle prod to shock a man more than once, even after he is lying helpless on the ground.
- A tree creature stabs several bad guys and uses them to slam other men to the ground
- A prison guard is stabbed through the chest in the background. No blood is shown
- A pirate uses a remote-control electronic dart to threaten people and to kill two dozen soldiers, leaving holes in their chests as they fall dead. The dart goes straight through all two dozen, right through their chests.
- An orb slowly disintegrates anyone that touches it. This happens about three times throughout the film (no blood is shown, but skin can be seen burning away).
- "Whore" is used once and "dick" is used 3 times.
- Quill says ' You said it yourself, 'Bitch'. We're The Guardians of The Galaxy.
- Peter does the humorous middle finger crank
- 3 uses of shit 1 paired with bat
- This film has mild language, including a humorously censored F-word, some S words and a few uses of each: Damn, Hell, Ass, Prick, Dick, bitch, bastard, asshole.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Peter tells Rocket that he's drunk when he's trying to shoot Drax for calling him "vermin". Drax the Destroyer drunkly proclaims "Lets put more of this liquid in our bodies!"
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The film as a whole is bright and colorful with an upbeat tone, but there are some moments that may scare younger children and make people emotional.
- A woman who was previously shot is shown with a slightly contorted body and face, which slowly heals itself. The woman snaps her joints and bones back into place. No blood is shown, and the scene is brief but it may be seen as mildly disturbing to some.
Violence & Gore
- One scene has about four people/creatures holding each others hands, and their skin is peeling off and flying into the air. Though there is no blood, their eyes are turning black and their skin is peeling away as they scream in pain. Very intense scene.
- Two women fight with swords. One pushes the other off the ship and we see her cut her hand off to escape. Keep in mind that she is robt-like though.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- One of The Collectors slaves grabs an infinity stone. Her body is torn apart while she screams in pain. The Guardians dive in cover while The Collectors museum is destroyed. Not graphic but very intense and might frighten younger viewers.
- The first scene is emotionally intense, as it deals with Peter's mother dying of cancer in the hospital. She is obviously very sick, and seeing both that and a young child lose his mother might be distressing to some, especially those who went through similar situations.
- Groot dies in an explosion. It is very emotional.
- Although the ending is happy and upbeat, Star-Lord's emotion after opening his mother's last gift may cause some tears.