The Angry Birds Movie (2016)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 21 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for rude humor and action|
Sex & Nudity
- In the lake of wisdom scene, Chuck and Bomb drink the lake's water and after a short while, the Mighty Eagle is shown peeing on the water but from behind. Bomb and Chuck get shocked.
- Matilda is seen waving her body around and batting her eyelashes.
- There is an easter egg on the pigs' ship, a book can be seen titled "Fifty Shades of Green". This is an obvious reference to the book "Fifty Shades of Grey", which is heavily sexual.
- At one part, Chuck suggests that "ladies get busy laying eggs" and does a suggestive gesture.
- Red says that the pigs that came were naked but that's what all other pigs are supposed to look like.
- Chuck puts his butt in Red's face and Red smells it by mistake.
- Red sees a bird with a lot of bird kids and says "ever thought of bird control."
Violence & Gore
- The birds attack a city of pigs and some pigs die offscreen.
- After the hatchday party scene, Red is punching and smacking people on what they do.
- During the scene where Blacksabath's song, Paranoid, is playing in the background, Red elbows a bird and bows up at another bird for being in his personal space. Also, he kicks a cute baby bird from the beach into the water for hitting his house with a ball. A bird is sneezing and gets snot all over Red and his popcorn so Red angrily slams the popcorn box over the birds head. A doctor bird is checking Red's reflexes and instead of his leg popping up, he slaps the doctor.
- Red falls through a tree and hits 5 branches. On the last branch, he lands on his groin.
- 1 incomplete use of "son of a bitch".
- Use of subtle crude phrases such as "pluck it out", "pluck my life" and "what the pluck", which is bound to be understood for what it truly means by some switched on kids.
- 1 religious exlamation (Oh my God.)
- Use of the word "peckerhead" in reference to another bird
- Although infrequent coarse language is depicted in the film, it is relevant and justified by context.
- There is the use of some mild language such as "screw up" and "idiots".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- In a flashback scene of chuck he drinks some beer and says "drinks on me guy" while he throws money and everyone cheers.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are several references from The Shining.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Red almost dies which can be emotional to viewers but he luckily survives.
- Based on characters from the video-game series of the same title, 'The Angry Birds Movie' (in 3D, God forbid) is an animation that revolves around Mr Red, Chuck and Bomb, three unpopular birds, who meet at an anger management course. While learning to manage their anger issues, they realize that a group of green pigs are stealing eggs from the birds. Together, they need to work together to invade the pigs' island and rescue the eggs.