Pain & Gain (2013)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 30 items
|MPAA||Rated R for bloody violence, crude sexual content, nudity, language throughout and drug use|
Sex & Nudity
- Lots and lots of women shown in tight bras and short shorts in a gym.
- Several strip club scenes with a lot of objectifying female nudity.
- Men play with women's boobs.
- There are several scenes of female nudity.
- Some sexual references, dialogue and actions including references to pornography.
- Anthony Mackie's character puts a porno in a dvd player and starts to masturbate, no nudity is shown.
- Bar Paly's character is having clothed sex with Mark Wahlberg's behind the car.
- A female character is shown giving a lap dance including dirty talk.
- A super quick scene of Rebel Wilson's character having clothed sex with Mackie's character.
- A woman has her dress lifted up that shows her bare butt.
- There is a minor theme of one man having erectile dysfunction because of steroid use and it is mentioned several times both medically and to be joking towards the man.
- A man secretly runs a sex-toy company.
Violence & Gore
- In a flashback, Paul engages in a brief but brutal fight with several men in a prison yard, punching and kicking them. He brutally takes down the last two attackers, smashing a weight into one man's face and throwing it into another man's neck.
- Two men fight in a room and one brutally takes down the other, kicking him repeatedly on the ground. A set of weights falls during the scuffle, and one of them crushes the victim's head. Blood splatters and lots and lots of blood later starts to pool beneath his head.
- A man is shot in the leg (some blood) then hit by a car.
- A man takes down two cops by beating them (bloodlessly).
- 160 uses of "fuck" and it's different ways of use throughout. Other language includes "ass", "shit", "god damn", "pussy", etc. 1 uses of "cunt."
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- The Rock sniffs cocaine off of a blonde woman
- Non stop references to steroid use, scenes of cocaine use, and references to AA and the challenges of being sober and hitting rock bottom.
- There are also scenes of the effects of certain drugs. During one scene a man becomes aggressive and he cannot function successfully during exercise.
- There are many drug users and different type of drugs used in the movie.
- A woman accidentally overdoses on drugs that were forcibly injected in her and dies.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The movie is inspired by a real-life extortion and murder, which may upset some viewers.
- The movie has intense scenes throughout.
- The beating up of bodies and grilling of hands may be violent
Violence & Gore
- A man is tasered in the side of his neck in extreme slow motion, his mouth spewing saliva.
- The protagonists kidnap and then ruthlessly torture a man. They burn his hand, beat him, etc. Then, trying to kill him, they make him crash in a car, set the car and him on fire, and then try to run over his face in a graphic close up (crunching is heard). He survives but is severely injured.
- There's a long sequence where several cops chase Paul after a robbery. Paul is shot at several times, and he runs into a salon and opens his bag of money but a dye pack sprays and burns his eyes. He beats up two cops and runs into a restaurant but they keep shooting at him. He runs to a motel and dives in a pond, but they keep shooting and Paul's toe is shot off (blood is shown) and the toe piece is later shown graphically with the bone clearly visible.
- Dead bodies are shown getting ripped apart with chainsaws and hatchets and blood is shown along with some gore. At one point the chainsaw is shown snagging on the dead woman's hair.
- A man grills chopped off hands. This is shown in a graphic close up.