Victor Frankenstein (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 34 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for macabre images, violence and a sequence of destruction|
Sex & Nudity
- A man and woman lie down together, fully clothed, on a bed kissing.
- Man is shown lying in bed, covered by a blanket with only his back exposed. Non-sexual, as he is recovering after being thrown in the water
- A man is topless briefly in two separate scenes. Not sexual.
Violence & Gore
- Several exotic animal body parts are joined together to form an unusual hybrid creature which is Frankenstein's creation. This creature becomes alive after being electrocuted by a lot of amplified energy.
- A man is abducted and has his head covered with a cloth and his hands and feet tied. He is thrown into an ice cold river where he is left to die. We see him underwater, freeing his hands, feet to survive.
- A wealthy man and his staff and workers are injured or killed when a huge amplified energy source moves downwards towards them.
- A man is being scolded by his father. After answering back, his father then strikes his son's face.
- At the beginning of the film, a young man with a hunchback is used as a joker who works in the circus. He is seen being pushed, shoved and struck by objects as amusement in an act.
- A young hunchbacked man is punished when the circus owner locks him inside a small cage.
- A female trapeze artist falls from a great height and is not breathing. A young hunchback man and Victor revive her with an orthodox medical procedure. The woman opens her eyes and gasps to take a breath. She is later seen fine and healthy
- Several books featuring illustrations of various human anatomy, organs etc. Sometimes shown with narrations and dialogue about how to combine organs to create new life from deceased body parts.
- A set of preserved human eyes are stimulated to react to light, but are gross to look at separated from the body. A few other body parts are shown.
- A man is said to have cut off parts of dead animals and a severed lion paw is shown.
- In a dream sequence a man's head is grafted to a body made of other dead animal parts.
- A few people are hit and a man is stabbed with a knife and dies when two men try to flee capture.
- The film contains some scenes of violence and injury, however, the impact is mitigated by the element of fantasy and the lack of bloodletting.
- The Lord's name is taken in vain, including a few uses of 'God'. 'God' is also said a few times in a religious context.
- Some viewers may find the anti-God language to be offensive.
- 'Sh*t' is said once.
- 'D*mn' is said three times.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- One man offers another a drink of whiskey.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Victor's creations are quite frightening.
- The climax is very intense.
- The main characters are suspect in a murder case and I wanted throughout the movie.
- The film has a dark look and tone, with some angry outbursts and brief acts of violence.
- A trapeze artiste falls from a height after a stunt goes wrong and lands on the ground in an unnatural position. She is seen to struggle for breath as her collar bone has been dislodged and presses on her lungs.
- Another scene depicts a mans hand getting accidentally caught in some mechanical rotating gears (little detail of injury shown).
- The film features medical experiments involving some organs, and the stitching of skin.
Violence & Gore
- Victor Frankenstein's unseen flatmate revealed to have died from a drug overdose to which Victor then turned his body, minus eyes, into a hybrid creation
- Frankenstein seemingly resurrects his deceased brother using his method of hybrid body parts. The Creation monster begins choking Frankenstein before throwing him out of the way to attack and kill a police officer.
- Victor Frankenstein kills his human hybrid monster creation by stabbing both his parts with a large metal spike
- A man hints that when he and his older brother went for a hike in a blizzard, he actually killed his brother and it was not an accident. He plans to resurrect him, in order to make amends for wrongdoing him
- A police officer fires his gun and shoots a monster creation hybrid who survives and results in the Officer's death
- In a climactic battle sequence trying to kill the monster: blood spurts when is shot/impaled, and finishes with the monster being electrocuted.