Labor Day (2013)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 29 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for thematic material, brief violence and sexuality|
Sex & Nudity
- Multiple flashes of a scene occur throughout the film, each time more is shown, but each flash is very brief-seconds long: A fully clothed woman and man are in bed and the woman removes his belt. Next the woman is shown moving up and down. Next you see him. Never are they seen in the same frame. Hear them breathing heavily.
- It is implied that a woman is cheating on her husband.
- Brief mention of "the birds and the bees."
- A mother tells her son about how in school they only talk about "body parts and secretions," and they don't say how sex actually feels good.
- A young girl mentions to a young boy several times that his mother wants him out of the house so that she can just have sex with the man living there.
- A young boy states that he is not gay and enjoys looking at girls in tights.
- A young boy is seen staring at a girls bra that he can see through her shirt, and the girl turns around asking him what he wants to do. (Sexual meaning is implied when she asks the question.)
- A young boy and girl kiss once and then she walks away.
- A man and a woman are seen kissing a few times.
- A boy overhears his mother having sex in the next room a few times. The sounds of a man moaning is all that can be heard and it is very faint.
Violence & Gore
- A man has a wound in his side, apparent by a blood stain in his shirt.
- A man is seen with some blood near his hairline.
- A man becomes angry with his wife and shoves her. She hits her head and falls dead.
- A woman removes a man's bandage to inspect his wound and the wound has become infected. Brief view but it can be gross and potentially disturbing to some.
- A pregnant woman goes to the bathroom and when she stands blood runs down her legs implying a miscarriage.
- A woman slaps her autistic son in a wheelchair.
- There is hardly any use of profane language throughout the movie.
- There are perhaps one or two uses each of the words "d*mn" and "sh*t."
- Maybe one or two religious exclamations like, "Jesus!" or "Oh, my God!"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man is seen walking in a bar. Some people are seen drinking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A man shoves his wife and she hits her head, falling instantly to her death. She is shown on the ground motionless, eyes blankly open. The sound of her hitting her head and the sight of her on the ground can be disturbing for some.
- A father rushes frantically to the bathroom where the bathtub has overflowed with water. It is implied that his baby was in the tub and drowned, though nothing is ever seen or heard, the very idea can be disturbing.
- A woman miscarries in her bathroom, which can be hard for some viewers to watch.
- A woman delivers a stillborn baby. She later holds and sorrowfully gazes at the baby. This scene is very heartbreaking, may be hard for some viewers to watch.
- An officer inspects a home he suspects may be harboring a fugitive. The fugitive hides inside while two others speak with the officer. The scene is very intense for the characters.
- A fugitive ties a woman to a chair while her son watches. It is very intense for the characters.
- A woman slaps her autistic son very hard in a tense scene. May be hard for some viewers to watch.
- A fugitive forcefully holds a woman in his arms while he instructs her son to answer the door and get rid of a visitor. It is intense for the characters.
- An fugitive is caught by police and commanded to surrender. He walks slowly outside with his hands up. It is very intense and sad.