Welcome to Elmore. This quaint little suburb isn't quite what it seems, as in Elmore, just about everything has the ability to come to life. The Amazing World of Gumball follows the misadventures of Gumball, a twelve-year-old cat. With the help of his best friend Darwin, his former pet goldfish that grew legs and joined the family, he gets into all sorts of antics. He is joined by his sister, Anais, a four-year-old bunny with heightened intelligence. His father, Richard, and his mother, Nicole, are there to provide him support as well.
Juan Carlos Morales
Did You Know?
Darwin is not the original Watterson pet. Richard bought a total of nine fish, all of whom Gumball accidentally killed, before he bought the Darwin we all know and love. See more
The color of some of the character's mouths change from red to black in some episodes. See more
You're just a drop of embarrassment, in an ocean of shame.
The show has been edited 5 times in the U.S., principally for avoid a TV-PG re-rating:
- In the first airing of "The Remote", the part where Nicole (the mom) drinks coffee fast and rushing to the TV from the dining room is cut. This part was later put back in reruns.
- In "The Skull", there's a scene that was cut where Gumball, Darwin, and Clayton use shock collar therapy to stop them lying. However, most, but not all of the scene was included in a clip on Cartoon Network's website.
- In "The Storm", the word "bimbo" mentioned by Gumball around the middle of the episode, is replaced with "coward". However, the word "bimbo" is seen in the closed captions if they're on.
- In "The Crew", the final scene where the Doughnut Sheriff tasers Marvin was cut in the TV broadcast.
- In "The Nuisance", the mentioning of "bath salts" was replaced with "soap suds" in reruns.
- Also, in some episodes like "The Goons" the title card was removed, and in reruns of some episodes the full opening can be seen.