Realms (2017) Poster

(I) (2017)

Waste of time
mnw170113 January 2019
Not scary, not funny, not thrilling, not exciting, not authentic, not fun. Wrong on all accounts. Bad acting, bad soundtrack, very poor storyline. A total waste of time. This movie is full of cliches and the writer and the director don't seem to know what they're copying or how those images and themes they try to imitate originated and when and how they became unoriginal, tired cliches.
12 out of 14 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Dumster juice
shufflebotimposter27 May 2019
Would rather slam my twig and berries in a car door than watch this movie.

Plot jumped around like a crack head on a three day clean streak and was written by the same tweaker on day 4.

There was no consistent storyline, you're left still not understanding ANYTHING about the house, the characters, or the antagonists. The movie cover picture AND the title have little to no bearing on what occurs; and things just occur, they don't play out in any meaningful order
5 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful
ebrareke11 August 2019
It's just a waste of time! No storyline, no meanings!
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Confusing
nonnielane26 January 2019
Didn't really understand or get it? I love horrors and totally confused
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Painful
sim-sean13 October 2018
First off, I'm a fan of Thai horror... from the excellent ones like Shutter, which made me scared to pick up my camera, to the low-brow spooky comedies (kind of fun popcorn entertainment). But Realms is neither scary nor entertaining. It tries to be clever with deja vu flashbacks overlaid with karmic plot twists set in a wait for it... haunted house. The real horror of this movie was the tragic waste of life - my own. I can never get back the 1 hour and 30 minutes that died.
16 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just Why?
stuart-jstanford24 October 2019
Who green lights such un-originality? It's like going to a village pantomime, amateurish, unintentionally laughable and utterly banal. The only small mercy was I didn't pay to see it. The kind of film that makes you realise just how short life is
3 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I Watched The Whole Thing
taraangel-4096016 April 2019
So I read the reviews and one person mentioned that you 'have to pay attention to work it all out in the end'. So I managed to sit through the entire thing, and you don't actually have to pay attention, the ridiculous ending explains it all. Now I'm wondering why I should care. Absolutely horrible movie. Not worth anyone's time honestly.
5 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Forget The Harsh Reviews
Foutainoflife12 November 2018
I can't see why others have made out like this was absolute garbage. It isn't THAT bad. This is a "haunting" movie. The story line was decent but you have to pay attention to work it all out in the end. The actors were better than average B or indie film actors. The camera work was ok but I did have an issue with the audio. It seemed like the background music was drowning out some of the spoken dialogue. That bothered me. It had moments of creepiness and suspense. It had jump scares. This is a rainy day type of movie. I'm glad I checked it out.
10 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
OMG
westelius5 December 2019
This must be a joke !! Have I ever sen a worst movie ?? Worst actors ever !!! Use your time better than watch this garbage!!!
*sigh*
keijo-jeijo3 December 2019
Most of the Disney cartoons are scarier then this.
Absolute garbage
domialenic11 February 2019
I don't know if the budget mentioned of 10.000.000 $ is right, but this film is absolute rubbish that this would add insult to injury. Nothing makes sense. Americans in Bangkok killing and abducting Thai citizens. A lot of unnecessary violence with sadistic undertones. A totally unrealistic escape from the chasing police. Then the house somewhere in the middle of nowhere where someone went through the trouble to keep Hunderds of candles alight. This besides all the electrical appliances also switched on by magic. I didn't see his one through. Would have been a terrible waste of time. The rating should have been zero.
2 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Thai version of Ghostship?
aspielou9 February 2019
I got very strong Ghost Ship vibes watching this movie. It wasn't a very understandable storyline.
Not worth it
callofthevoid9 September 2019
Not very good, bad cgi and acting. Find something else to watch
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't waste your time
klabadie_200216 February 2019
This movie has no real story line. Absolutely a waste of time!
3 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ehh
chenierwilliams2 February 2019
It was pretty wack and I found it boring. The plot was a bit confusing to get until the end.
2 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Total waste of time
vivid74 January 2020
I'm trying to find something good in this movie but...no. Relations with the characters are poor so no interest to see them die or go on. SFX are cheap and actors are bad Waste if time.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Got me so distracted... and confused at the end
lizade-4715924 September 2019
I started with some hope it may be good as other review said it was going to be. I simply wasnt lucky... Most of time i thought acting was over the top, but then i realised the acting itself seemed good and mostly believable in its context. It really wasnt overacting, but rather the way the script had the story flowing. Everything was so over the top, it just wasnt logical. And at the end of the movie, most of those out of ordinary characteristics didnt impact the story at all, rather it all just contradicted the final twist in their shallow attempt to make it a big twist. Also, i just didnt get why the main actress, whos supposedly a villainess of the plot, played to be a brave victim, a heroine of the movie until the very end. And what was the point of having western actor/ actress..?? And in such an old mansion, thered be so little soundproof, yet robbers had no idea their hostage got loose...? Etc.etc.etc. Talking of their final twist itself, nothing really gave any significant clue to it neither until the near end when the main actor and actress started talking about not remembering anything before the bank robbery (so random... and convenient). Also, in such context, i dont really understand why it started as bank robbery. I understand the concept of 2 different realms, but bank robbery itself has no impact to main story and what of other people involved in bank robbery?? Wouldnt it been better if the whole story started from the haunted mansion with their memory loss or burglary attempt of the mansion??? I feel like at least it couldve given more insight to plot/character and build suspension in the mansion earlier on, and also avoided the unnecessary violence, which i hate seeing in 3rd rate movie without any meaning or impact to it whatsoever... I have to admit i was nowhere near 100% focused with the movie watching it multi tasking, so i may have missed finer details, but it was enough to make watching this an disappointing waste of time.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
JUST HORRIBLE
ewsfsdfff30 January 2019
This movie was a flop straight from the beginning, wasn't scary AT ALL, if anything they should put it under horror/comedy because that's how bad it was, wish I could get back my 1.86 from Redbox.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Crap
edlc19703 December 2019
This movie is currently on Netflix in my country. And what a waste of time. The producers and director think, that if you put some annoying noise in the movie, and make it awfull loud, the audience will get a jumpscare. Yes, i got a jumpscare, but not becaus there is anything scary about this movie, but because the noise level is so loud??? Its just annoying. I must say, Netflix, you have done it again. Y'et another crappy movie from your selection. When the streaming war is gonna be on its max, you will have a problem.
Laughable
cabbiefromhell7 November 2019
Casting is terrible....storyline even worse. Avoid!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Solid Horror with twists but no real surprises.
Pairic28 October 2019
Realms: Two Psychotic Americans rob a bank in Bangkok and take two women hostage along with the Uber driver they had booked to be their getaway driver. After a high speed chase/gun-battle the car crashes and the crooks herd the hostages into a forest. They come across a deserted mansion and decide to stay for the night. Things then become strange. The U.S. duo remind me of Mickey and Mallory in Natural Born Killers, crazed and sadistic. The building seems both derelict and in good order, figures are seen running, the robbers and the hostages get flashes of past events when they touch objects. Attempting to escape the captives end up back at the house. Events which occurred at the house in the 1920s/30s come in a vision and are reminiscent of The Shining. Solid horror, some twists but no real surprises. Directed by Daric Gates (The Appearing) from a script by Kevin Summerfield. 6/10.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Actually its not as bad as some are making out!
omendata12 August 2019
I have seen a lot worse this year for sure.

The music was rather excellent I have to say, it also had a good start to the film but I think it tried to go for a Liam Neeson "The Haunting" style feel and perhaps it is aimed more at Thai audiences but yes it was not that scary and soon became a bit pedestrian.

Acting was not great but then again it was not that bad either and I liked the end sequences but it certainly is not a 1 or 2 out of ten; that means its the worst film you have ever seen and we have movies like "The Bad Batch" for that so it gets a fair and slightly below average 4/10 from me!
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
C'm on guy! It's not that bad
borgolarici16 October 2019
I don't understand why there are so many bad reviews: while not a masterpiece, this movie is more than acceptable and even entertaining. The pacing could be better and the robbery thing was frankly uncalled for (it's like completely detached from the rest of the movie) but the old mansion is creepy and the atmosphere is eerie
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful mess
bravosiguenza5 January 2020
I won't waste time pointing out all the wrong things in this film. Just avoid it.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I keep having this dream
nogodnomasters5 February 2019
Bobby (Ryan Kelley) and his skank girlfriend Jewel (Madison McKinley) rob a bank, kill a few people and take two hot Asian girls hostage along with a Baby Face (Golf Pichaya Nitipaisankul) driver. They do have some good initial swagger music. The group ends up at a haunted house from which there is no escape, intermingling with ghosts and unknown events from the past.

It was a little slow and repetitive but watchable. I liked the revealing ending, but not the filler that it took to get there.

Guide: F-word. Sex. No nudity.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.