Trance (I) (2013)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 33 items
|MPAA||Rated R for sexual content, graphic nudity, violence, some grisly images, and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Rosario Dawson's fully shaved vulva is shown in two separate scenes.
- Vincent Cassel and Rosario Dawson have sex. As she is thrusting on top of him, we catch fleeting glimpses of her bare breasts.
- James McAvoy and Rosario Dawson are arguing when he shoves her onto a sofa, where they kiss passionately before she stops him and heads off to the bathroom. We hear the sound of an electric razor coming from the bathroom, and when she returns she's completely naked. The camera pans up to show her full frontal nudity. Very well lit shot of her clean shaven labia and her breasts. Staring at her vulva at eye level, McAvoy reaches out to touch her, and subsequent sex is implied.
- After yelling at Rosario, she and Cassel kiss, and we see them in bed having sex, both fully nude - no genitals seen.
- A nude Rosario pulls herself on top of a nude Cassel in bed, and they kiss. We see her bare back and the side of her bare breast. Sex is implied.
- A fully nude Rosario stands naked before a mirror as McAvoy holds her from behind. The camera moves down Rosario's body and we see her bare breasts, and shaved vulva.
- A nude man and a nude Rosario lie in bed after having sex.
- A nude man follows Rosario to the door and they speak. We see his bare torso and legs.
- A nude McAvoy sits on a bed with his hands covering his crotch, and when he gets up we see his bare buttocks.
- Rosario Dawson sleeps and is partly covered by sheets; we see part of her bare breast and a nipple.
- A nude Rosario, covered in a sheet, rolls over and we see the side of her bare breast.
- A man shoves Rosario into a bedroom and onto a bed.
- We see a book containing photos of nude female paintings with bare breasts, abdomens, buttocks and pubic regions visible in a couple of scenes and one scene focuses on the fact that the women have no pubic hair.
Violence & Gore
- Relatively infrequent, but very bloody, graphic violence.
- A man is shot in the chest, blood splatters out. He is shot again in the face, and the top half of his head explodes graphically, and a large amount of blood splatters out. He then gets back up and talks to the shooter with half of his head very graphically missing. He is finished off with another offscreen shot to the head. This, while very gruesome and shocking, is revealed to be a dream.
- A man finds another man about to rape a woman and shoots him in the genitals. A large amount of blood and matter spurts out in closeup. Extremely graphic.
- A man shoots a man and he falls back dead, blood splatters
- A man shoots three men standing behind glass and we see the men fall after large amounts of blood splatter on the glass.
- A man is held down by two other men while a third man pulls his fingernails out using a knife: the victim screams and we see his very bloody fingers in closeup. Graphic.
- A woman's dead, decomposing body is shown in the trunk of a car (we see flies buzzing around and maggots squirming and her lips have disappeared exposing her teeth and gums). Very gruesome and hard to watch.
- A man pours gasoline on a car and on a man inside the car then lights it on fire; we see the man in the car struggling to free himself as the man outside the car shoots at him, another car speeds toward them and pins the man outside the car between the two cars (he slams onto the hood of the car and yells) and shoves the flaming car and the two men into a body of water (one man surfaces and appears to be OK).
- A man sprays another man in the face with a fire extinguisher and then pounds him in the face with the canister (we see the man later with a very bloody mouth and face).
- A man with a gun threatens another man who tasers him in the neck (the man falls back briefly), and the gunman then hits him hard in the forehead with the butt of the gun (we see a large bloody lump form on the man's head).
- A man with a bloody head wound stumbles into a street and is struck by a car; he slams onto the hood of the car then falls to the street (he gets up and doesn't seem to have any additional injuries).
- A man strangles a woman with his hands.
- A man punches a security guard in the face during an art auction and another man steals a painting.
- A man with a bloody head wound falls down an escalator and then stumbles and falls to his knees (this is shown a few times).
- A man with a bloody head wound is shown being taken to the hospital on a stretcher and to an operating room where blood is drained from a lump on his forehead (we see the blood moving through a tube and into a container).
- About 16 F-words, 2 scatological terms, 2 anatomical terms, 2 mild obscenities and 2 religious exclamations.
- Name-calling (a man yells at a TV during a soccer game and it is implied that he calls a player a name but it is not translated.)
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man tells a woman, "I used to buy drugs " from another man.
- A man and a woman drink wine at a restaurant.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Scenes of intense torture, attempted rape, violence and death.