Spotlight (I) (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
|MPAA||Rated R for some language including sexual references|
Sex & Nudity
- No sex or nudity but there are many references to sexual abuse that priests did to children while none of the acts are ever shown they are heavily and explicitly talked about, this is still very disturbing.
- There are explicit descriptions of Oral and Manual rape, removal of clothing, and manipulation of young children, the victims reliving their trauma is unsettling to watch.
Violence & Gore
- References to sexual violence.
- Mentions a person who committed suicide.
- A man's arm is shown, and there are many needle marks on it.
- A few uses of d**k
- About 7 "Fucks", 20 "Shits", and 6 "God damns". Multiple uses of Jesus/Christ. 2 uses of "son of a bitch", one use of " assholes". Multiple name callings such as "smug", " scumbags ", etc.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A survivor of childhood sexual abuse explains that many of his fellow survivors have tried to cope by turning to alcohol or drugs, with some becoming addicted.
- Characters drink alcohol socially at public functions.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The film centers on the issue of child sexual abuse and contains dramatized scenes where several victims recount their experiences, providing details of the abuse and the trauma they suffered. The details are verbal and may upset viewers.
- The film also explores the issues pertaining to pedophilia perpetrated by religious leaders.