Song of the Sea (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 12 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for some mild peril, language and pipe smoking images|
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- The audience is led to believe that a woman dies during childbirth (off screen).
- A boy bullies his little sister in the beginning of the film, including putting her on a leash.
- Several owls try to snatch away a little girl, who gets away with the help of some fairies. The owls turn the fairies into stone. It is said that they turned other fairies into stone as well, and we see many stone statues of fairies.
- A girl's body slowly wastes away, and it is implied that she may die if she doesn't get help soon.
- Two kids are put in mild danger in several instances.
- Several religious exclamations.
- "KEEP OUT, FEIC OFF" is seen written on a door in a few scenes. Most children won't catch what the word relates to. This was removed from the UK home video release.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man drinks beer at a pub to forget his troubles.
- Some pipe smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The climax can be intense for some.
- Overall, nothing serious except the mild violence and occasional profanity.