Blade Runner 2049 (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 27 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence, some sexuality, nudity and language|
Sex & Nudity
- The shadow of a woman's bare breast is briefly seen as she gets out of bed.
- Multiple instances of breast nudity. Male genitals of replicant seen briefly. Worst scene is a shot of blurred sexual activity seen through glass that lasts around 10 second. No nudity, but movements of one couple are obvious, and loud moaning is heard.
- A female replicant is shown standing nude at birth covered in slime. Scene lasts 39 seconds. Bottom and breasts are shown for about 15 seconds. The context of the scene is non sexual.
- Holograms of fully nude women, buttocks and breasts clearly shown taking up large part of the screen, though very brief.
- There is a nude male corpse on a medical table in the background of one scene. Pubic hair seen, with genitals not visualized due to angle.
- There is a scene outside a brothel, wherein some vague outlines of people having sex can be seen through an almost opaque window. Blurry breasts can be seen pressed briefly against the window in the background.
- Brief summary of all nudity: Two instances of full female side nudity, female rear seen in two scenes, multiple shots of breast nudity (most instances all in one scene), male pubic hair seen on dead body briefy in background of one shot, nude replicants in cases seen briefly (showing breasts and genitals of one of the males), and brief but somewhat graphic sex through foggy glass (no nudity, but shapes are clear enough that exact sexual position can be made out with one couple, movements clear)
- Prostitute called in, making out with leading character, sex is implied. Next morning woman gets out of bed nude and seen putting her clothes on. Any nudity is brief and in shadow.
- Fully nude male and female replicants are seen enclosed in glass cases. Breasts are shown on the females. At first they look like statues but after many are shown, one is seen moving slightly.
- One scene has two giant statues of naked women. Their breasts are seen from a side profile for a few seconds.
Violence & Gore
- While the violence is infrequent, it is disturbing at times. This includes drowning, stabbing, gunfight, blown up and hand-to-hand combat.
- A man beat another man and then shoot him. The shooting only shown a split second before the camera cuts into the shooter.
- A woman hits a man on the back of his neck with great power. The result is quite gruesome, as the man's jaw is dislocated and he bleeds out of nearly every orifice.
- Some group of people is attacked by missiles launched from a drone. The impact is shown with many people launched into the air from the explosion (one of these men is seen having a limb fly off with some blood). Later, the aftermath is shown with many bloody dead bodies, however the shoot is taken from a long distance.
- A man slashes a woman's stomach open. The wound is not explicitly shown, but the blood is seen going down her thighs. When the screen pans out, the wound is generally covered by the man standing in front of her, but the wound is seen very briefly as she falls down.
- A woman executes another woman by shooting her in the head (onscreen). However the shooting is on the background and blurred. We still can see the blood spurt, though.
- A man attacks a downed vehicle and shoots the driver in the head. Blood is seen spurting on the side, but the camera quickly jumps back to the shooter.
- A woman has a fight with a man and she stabs the man, with blood spurts when she pulls the knife out. However the scene is dark, so the blood looks black.
- A man strangles a woman underwater and lets her drown until she's dead.
- A woman grabs another woman's hand who is holding a glass. The glass breaks in her hand and her hand is forced closed onto the shards, resulting in lots of blood.
- There are 6 spoken uses of the word "fuck", and two written. Milder bad language, such as 'prick' and 'shit', is also used.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Some alcohol drinking and smoking.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The main villain is a heartless killing machine who goes around killing people who have knowledge of the replica program. She is expressionless but sometimes she tears up while killing people. She is similar to the T-1000 from Terminator 2.
- There is a dog that is injured and presumably left behind. Sad scene.
- Niander Wallace killing an infertile female replicant can be unsettling and creepy to some viewers.
Violence & Gore
- Officer K kills Sapper. After that he takes off Sapper's eyeball and cleans the blood from his eye in the sink.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Deckard lives at an abandoned casino that has a bar. Both him and K have a conversation while drinking whiskey. (but it isn't focused on that much)