Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) Poster

Maybe the best MCU movie
arnohardwell-4163827 April 2020
The fact that I rate this movie with 10 is not an exaggeration. This particular movie I really consider to be the best of MCU as the character development, the story, the action scenes, the direction and many more details still shock you.It could be said that this is a political drama with a strong Marvel dose in it. The dialogues are also excellent and careful written as well as the casting. I understand that many other movies like Infinity War, Avengers etc. are considered by most to be 'better', but if you watch this specific movie twice or more, you will realize that you are facing a masterpiece in all respects. In most parts of it, you think that you are in the movie and you feel that you are experiencing the emotions of the characters. In my humble personal opinion, I will repeat that Captain America: Winter Soldier is a masterpiece and will always be my number one Marvel movie.
167 out of 179 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
On your left,,,
reddiemurf818 August 2020
At the time this came out, it was without a doubt the best movie to come out of the MCU. I look forward to seeing more from the Russo bros.

While I thought the First Avenger was an incredible piece of work, this sequel is even better.
49 out of 51 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Fantastic story
v-9431717 March 2020
We need this kind of people like captain America to convey justice,kindness and love.
15 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best Marvel comic book superhero movie of 2014 so far!
ivo-cobra824 October 2015
Captain America: The Winter Soldier (2014) is the best Marvel comic book Action Superhero movie and one of my favorite films of The Avengers! Big, busy and action-packed - like the first movie, but with better pacing. It is a huge improvement over Captain America: The First Avenger (2011) I am sorry but I don't think Joe Johnston is making a good films. He even screwed up my favorite film Jurassic Park III. Great movie! I didn't like the first Captain America but I LOVE this one. Great acting, great story, great action, great EVERYTHING. Marvel Studios continues to improve upon and expand this superhero universe and it shows with Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The action is turned up, the performances are top notch, plus with the addition of Robert Redford raises the bar yet again. Chris Evans certainly owns this role know just as Downey owns Tony Stark.

I LOVE LOVE LOVED the Iron Man trilogy. There are lots of great intrigue moments, though I think some of the biggest "plot points" on this one were spoiled thanks to the marketing and broader fan base knowledge of the whole "Winter Soldier" subplot in the comics. Regardless, it was a fun ride, albeit predictable as far as the internal politics end goes. The themes in this one are far more "mature" for a comic book movie, too--it almost felt more like a political action thriller à la Jack Ryan rather than a comic book based film, which made me love it even more. Phenomenal cast (the returns were fantastic as always, but the new characters also really did great work!), great music, the action sequences in this are SO awesome and generally I left this movie feeling very satisfied. I'm definitely going to see this more than once. It also makes me want to watch Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., which I haven't actually seen yet, but apparently there were plenty of references!

Overall, this was a huge improvement on the first Captain America movie, which I actually didn't liked that much but it was a good movie. I'd venture to say I liked it more than The Avengers. D: Chris Evens gave us a wonderful performance as Captain America, it was the most Action comic book film I have ever seen! This film has a heart, it is Entertained, fast paced, filled with full of actions. Samuel L. Jackson did a wonderful job as Nick Fury, finally his character did something to do in this film, like fighting with assassins and so on. I loved him in this film much better than I did in Avengers : Age of Ultron (2015)in this film he has everything in it. Scarlet Johansson did a good job a supporting cast as Natasha Romanoff she wasn't annoying in here, she was a good supporter to cap. I hated her in Iron Man 2 and Avengers: Age of Ultron, but in this film I like her and I have enjoyed watching her in this film screen. This is the most wildest, most colorful team of superheroes ever brought to life on the big screen, is a massive success, a fan favorite and a critical darling. Winter Soldier, a tense, dramatic conspiracy thriller that somehow makes its strangest comic book elements work wonders, is a masterfully conceived and executed sequel that takes Captain America -- and, along with Guardians, the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe -- in a bold, exciting direction. Both are outstanding films. Both boast astonishing confidence, production design, action and visual effects. Both are terrific fun. Both represent a brave new world for comic book movies. And each one for completely different reasons.

Which is Marvel's crowning achievement? How do you even compare the two? Answer: you don't. Other than ranking the films by personal preference, it's a fool's errand to pit Cap, Black Widow and Falcon against Star Lord, Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot. You sit back, think to yourself it's good to be a geek, soak it all in, and wait for the inevitable Avengers crossover. Love 'em both. Watch both of 'em over and over and over again. Enjoy each one on its own terms. Guardians of the Galaxy (2014) was probably my second favorite Marvel film of 2014 but this one Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a kick ass best film ever! This film kick's Joss Whedon's Failure Avengers Age of Ultron in to the ground! This movie is what it is, a perfect 10, because it takes the vision of one of the most imaginative directors on Earth.

As Steve Rogers struggles to embrace his role in the modern world, he teams up with another super soldier, the Black Widow, to battle a new threat from history: an assassin known as the Winter Soldier. I love this movie and I don't care what anyone say! It Is my favorite best Marvel film of 2014!

Captain America: The Winter Soldier is a 2014 American superhero film featuring the Marvel Comics character Captain America, produced by Marvel Studios and distributed by Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures. It is the sequel to 2011's Captain America: The First Avenger and the ninth installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).

10/10 Grade: Bad Ass Seal Of Approval Studio: Marvel Studios Starring: Chris Evans, Scarlett Johansson, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Cobie Smulders, Frank Grillo, Emily VanCamp, Hayley Atwell, Robert Redford, Samuel L. Jackson Directors: Anthony Russo, Joe Russo Producer: Kevin Feige Writers: Christopher Markus, Stephen McFeely Rated: PG-13 Running Time: 2 Hrs. 16 Mins. Budget: $170.000.000 Box Office: $259.746.958
37 out of 41 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Definietly one of the best MCU movies
SebMoz14 November 2020
Oh man, was it good to get back to a great movie again after Thor: The Dark World. This movie, unlike that one, is well constructed, written, acted and directed. There is so much to love about the movie it's hard to name it all. The plot is well thought out and realized, complete with great twists and turns to keep you on your toes. I love the spy thriller astethic the movie presents, and it complements the more straight forward action very well. It also presents its themes of trust and morality in a solid and thoughtful way. The pacing is solid, the plot advances in a very natural way, and the movie sets up its important plot points ahead of time to make the movie more enjoyable on rewatches. The movie also does a great job with its characters. Steve, Natasha and Nick are all great characters with their own struggles, while also being very likeable, and they also have excellent chemistry. I love that Steve and Nat's relationsship isn't romantic, as that wouldn't work at all with these characters. I also really like Sam, he's sympathetic and a nice addition. The Winter Soldier is a great villain as well, which mostly comes from the fact that he is just a human, not some evil monster like so many other Marvel villains. I love watching his struggles with indentifying his past and resisting the changes made to his brain, as well as his relationsship with the hero. All this is of course helped by some solid performances from almost everyone involved. The direction is solid as well, with the perfect mix of wide shots and close-ups. The fight choreography is great, one can really feel the weight each fight carries. My only slight issue with the film is the fact that the heroes seem to be saved by plotholes a little too often, for example by a bad guy waiting to killing a good guy just long enough for something to appear to save them. It feels a little stupid, but it's not a big deal and it's pretty easy to ignore if you feel like it. Overall, this movie is extremely good. It does almost everything right, its flaws are small and inconsequental, and it's just a really entertaining movie. I recommend it to anyone who likes superhero movies, or just action movies in general.
20 out of 21 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Captain America: The Winter Solider
haydenluz1 August 2020
Captain America: The Winter Solider, directed by the best two directors that MCU has on the team, in the Russo Brothers, crafted this well directed, brisk paced spy/action film, that has a lot to be praised for. The Russo Brothers took the MCU style, and completely flipped it into their own, which completely works, while becoming a model film for the MCU. They incorporated this darker and gritter tone, that essentially grounded the film well, while inevitably throwing in some well timed humor. Even though this new approach to the MCU was a breath of fresh air, the Russo Brothers set themselves up for some nitpicks, by transforming some things that were already set and stone, for the most part.

The Winter Soldier does everything that a sequel should do, and that's improve on every aspect from the last film. The creative team told a juicer, more cohesive story, with better character involvement and development, while the action not only took a step up, but became one of the standout films for it's action sequences. Not only did they improve from the first installment, keeping the continuity involved, but they created one of, if not, the best stand-alone films the MCU has put out to date. The creative team utilized so many great layers and depth, to really break everything down, while adding in a tremendous amount of tention throughout the entire narrative.

With Shield being the main focus of the film, I wasn't too sure on how things were going to play out, but because of the Russo Brothers creativity, I was perfectly okay with it! With Shield being center of attention, it allowed for Sam Jackson to have a lot more character moments, which had a heavy hand in the success of the film! Chris Evans is an absolute stud as Captain America and Steve Rogers! He is fleshed out much more, having the best character arch of the film. His character is a lot more complex this time around, other than being that public figure everyone knows him for. Evans steals every scene that he's in because of that genuine patriotism persona he carries, being nothing short of admirable. Scarlett Johansson was also another key contributor to the success of the film. We've seen her in a few films prior, getting a little bit more and more to do as the films go on, and she really sets out her skillset here. With decent chemistry and tention between her and Captain America, and her and Nick Fury, she shows once again, that she is capable of being an Avenger. Anthony Mackie gets his debut in the MCU as Sam Wilson/Falcon, and he is just an all around good addition. He doesn't add much as far as the superhero antics go, but he is a great compliment to Captain America, and the team. The Winter Soldier is a GAME villain! He doesn't have much to say, but his physical presence is quite enough for him to be a decent villain, with a great tie in to the series.

This is probably one of the strongest screenplays by Stephen McFeely and Christopher Markus. They wasted no time after The First Avenger, to hop right into the screenplay for this film. McFeely and Markus added a great amount of wit to this script, by making everything cohesive to the story, while incorporating some dialed down, yet sharp humor. They added a great deal of politics to the narrative, that isn't just all in your face; it flows extremely well with the story, feeling authentic.

The action of the film was definitely the driving force of the film. All of the action scenes were shot so well, with many exciting and gritty action sequences! The Russo Brothers executed the hand-to-hand combat in such a professional way, and it just looked fantastic! The visual effects weren't heavily relied on, like they usually are, but when they were present, everything looked seamless.

Overall, there is no reason why this film shouldn't be at the top of your list; one of the best the MCU has to offer !
12 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This is a real captain America movie and how it should be done
racoonito17 April 2021
This might be the best marvel movie. The acting is top notch. I love the hand to hand action scenes. The story is perfect. How can make such a good movie. The best stand alone movie in my opinion. I have rewatched this at least 8 times.
10 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
GREAT SEQUEL
andreascaloni6 April 2021
Captain America The Winter Soldier is a great movie, well directed, with awsome action sequences and always gripping. It boasts of a talented cast and it is even better than its predecessor. With an effective mix of thrilling action, humor, intrigue, and surprising heart, it is another great addition to the Infinity Saga.

Rating: 8,4.
10 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Marvel movie made so far
cristyrapidistu23 June 2020
I have to start this review by saying that I'm a huge MCU fan. I rewatched all of them maybe once per year. Some of them are great and some of them are decent. But this is The Shiet. I rewatched it a lot of time and the movie still surprises me. The plot is smart,cursive and it's not getting boring despite the movie still being relatively long. Especially when the action starts I find myself on the edge on my seat wondering what will happen. Better than endgame and infinity war? Probably not but it's pretty damn close. I highly recommend this movie to anyone that wants to get more into the marvel universe or just looking for a fun and intense action movie
14 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best Marvel so far
silliohooie17 September 2021
I've been watching the Marvel movies in chronological order and this one was the best so far! So many emotions, action & shocking turns. I heard good things about this movie before I watched it but didn't think it could beat Iron Man 3, but it definitely did! Worth the watch.
Underrated Movie...
andykaxe26 March 2021
Fantastic story... so many great actors... great soundtrack. The music setting each scene keeps you glued to your seat and holding on for the ride!!

I love this movie but it gets forgotten about with all the newer marvel films. Just relax, strap in and enjoy the story of Hydra finally exposing their poisonous head! 10/10.
Greatest MCU standalone movie
ctoguy-4654417 October 2020
2014 is the best year not just for MCU so far, but for Marvel. The action sequences are AMAZING! The plot is well-done, and the villain is great. The Avengers is great, but it is overrated. This movie exceeds it.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
yaols27 June 2020
It's so much better than the first one. In the first half, hand-held photography and aerial photography, close combat became the main component of action drama. In addition, all kinds of spy assassination dramas were almost spy movies. For a time, it was not even a superhero movie, but a spy movie with upgraded equipment. In the second half, the visual effect of a large movie was produced to climax before the original was restored.
A Thrilling Sequel that Raises the Bar for Marvel
TyRawrrnosaurus23 March 2014
With Rogers, Fury, and Romanoff previously established, directors Joe and Anthony Russo do a magnificent job at expanding these characters – along with some secondary characters we've seen before – providing more depth to understanding their actions and how they will affect future stories. Sam Jackson has a stronger presence this time around, validating Nick Fury as a main staple in the MCU among the big boys. Captain America is stronger, faster, and a more refined soldier, equipped with better fighting skills and understanding of current technology. Evans plays the earnestness of Captain America's black and white morality with convincing finesse in an age of grey that he has yet to find a comfortable middle. And Johansson progresses the allure of the cunning and multifaceted Black Widow, while bringing a splendid and lively balance to Rogers' straight and narrow.

Amidst such a tight and clever script, The Winter Soldier introduces a band of new characters, all of whom play a significant role, creating a more layered and conceivably real MCU. Frank Grillo brings the swolling mass of muscle known as S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Brock Rumlow to life. Emily VanCamp surprises with her portrayal of Agent 13, whom I wish had more screen time with Cap than just two quick scenes. Robert Redford plays Alexander Pierce, a superior ranking Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D., friend to Nick Fury, and representative of the World Security Council. Pierce is a wonderful look into the higher ranks at S.H.I.E.L.D., contributing new insights as to how the organization is run outside of Fury, Agent Coulson, and Agent Maria Hill. Anthony Mackie is Sam Wilson aka The Falcon, an ex-military special-ops paratrooper and a welcomed addition recruited by Rogers to help fight the good fight. Mackie fits comfortably among the cast of veteran actors and should play nicely with the other Avengers.

Enhanced for combat and strength, The Winter Soldier's presence is terrifying when it comes to any action scene. Sebastian Stan does an amazing job holding his own against his targets and those who get in his way of his missions. My only gripe is that it is not explained how he obtains the immense power and skills he beholds. The connection between Rogers and The Winter Soldier is dealt with true care and excels the story of Captain America from the first film brilliantly. (Be sure to stay after the credits for a nice button leading into Captain America 3.)

The Winter Soldier is not just a fantastic sequel to Captain America: The First Avenger and The Avengers, it should also be recognized as one of the best sequels ever made. In fact, writers Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, the duo behind Thor: The Dark World, the Narnia Trilogy, and The First Avenger, have done such a great job shaping Captain America's story that this movie could almost stand on its own. There are many exciting twists and turns in this well-constructed, political action-thriller, but nothing comes as more of a shock than how important the story is at defining the direction of the MCU. What takes place in The Winter Soldier, along with an awesome mid-credits sequence tie-in, will inherently influence Avengers: Age of Ultron as well as Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. – which should make the TV series a lot more interesting and reward fans who have stuck by its side.

Tonally, The Winter Soldier is the darkest story we've come to encounter, raising many deep-seated questions about government and soldiers of war while also taking Rogers on an emotional journey. It also has the best action choreography among all of the MCU movies thus far. Whedon's NYC battle in The Avengers is beautifully shot and written, but cannot compare to the hard-hitting set pieces found in The Winter Soldier, each building up to the bigger whole. The Russo brothers come from a background of directing television comedies such as Arrested Development and Community, and it's extraordinary how well they handle a big budget action blockbuster from cinematography to pacing. They do infuse their own style of comedy with fun references and a cameo other than Stan Lee, functioning properly within the confines of the tone and story. Henry Jackman (Captain Phillips; Wreck-It Ralph; X-Men: First Class) also composes an adrenaline pumping score that sets the right mood every time.

The biggest fault found in The Winter Soldier is that it does not address the whereabouts of other heroes or where we are in terms of the time line of the other movies. Why can't Captain America call on Tony Stark to help him out or even Hawkeye who is a member of S.H.I.E.L.D. himself. This is a recurring problem we have seen throughout Phase 2 of the MCU in Iron Man 3 and Thor: The Dark World. Marvel Studios needs to acknowledge this hiccup if they want us to continue to believe all of these characters live in the same universe together. You cannot exclude these characters once you have opened Pandora's Box.

Marvel Studios has hit this one out of the ball park with yet another gripping adaptation for fans to enjoy for years to come. By and large, Captain America: The Winter Soldier succeeds on all fronts. It is the perfect set up for future films and at the same time it increases the value of its predecessors. There is little to argue against its merits and should be regarded as one of the greatest superhero movies of all time.
354 out of 486 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The best MCU movie that's not an Avengers movie
sampalainen10 April 2021
I just think this movie is amazing. The choreography and action sequences are among the best in the MCU, even without using a huge amount of cgi.

Captain America has never been cooler (except for Endgame of course) and this movie is what got me to like Black Widow so much more.

The Winter Soldier is one of the best villains in the MCU, because you fear him and feel for him at the same time. The constant change in directions in regards to who Steve can trust is thrilling and the "on your left" ending is pleasing.

All in all, an incredible movie, among the best sequels (up there with movies such as Empire Strikes Back) and together with the first Iron Man movie probably the best MCU movie that's not an Avengers movie.

9,1/10.
8 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
one of the best in the whole mcu universe
engahmfik16 November 2020
One of the best in the whole MCU universe very good drama and story beside the MCU fantasy and action
12 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Sloppy writing saved by good action and one of my most favorite emotional endings
kuarinofu7 August 2020
Re-watching Winter Soldier in 2020 after the completion of the main story in Avengers Endgame simultaneously makes this movie better and worse.

Some things became clearer, but some of the stuff that the characters say and some of their actions make less sense if you have seen Endgame and Captain Marvel. For example, there were a couple of throwaway lines from Nick Fury about how trusting people made him lost his eye, but Captain Marvel film doesn't really support this. Some of the stuff feels better (like the elevator scene) if you know how cool it will be handled in Endgame. Also, Black Widow looks in this film 10 years older than she does in Infinity War and Endgame and I'm not sure why.

The film is kept floating above the water by creative and cool action, good CGI that holds up even 6 years later, good humor, great pacing that makes a 2hr movie feel like a 15 min short, and, of course, the emotional ending scene. And while the writing was kinda sloppy and barely held it together, many things didn't make a whole lot of sense even by comic book standards, the friendship between Rogers and Bucky and the ending performances get me every time. It's so simple yet so effective.

Just makes me wish I had real friends.
11 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Another Great Marvel Movie
caleb_mcd3 November 2021
I love all the MCU movies but this is one of the best in my opinion. Great action scenes with awesome special effects and CGI make it you get into the story that much more. Good, entertaining writing with a great mixture of drama and humour. Two thumbs up!!
A big improvement on the first Captain America film
ash_r_779 October 2021
The fight choreography was superb and the villain actually had a good motive for his actions for once. My favourite MCU film by far.
Best MCU Movie
obrienh-0067425 July 2021
This is my favourite instalment in the MCU. I love the team up movies but this is the one that tops the pile for me. It has great action, great villains and made Cap the coolest avenger but most importantly it has relevant, mature political themes that boost it from just a generic action film to a fantastic spy thriller. Surprised it only has 7.7 though.
This is something else
rsrkalloe10 July 2021
So unique in tone, atmosphere and stakes. It's more of a political spy movie rather than a superhero movie. The best part of this movie is the winter soldier in my opinion. Spending time with the characters is a lot of fun aswell. It's close to perfection but for me personally this movie missed just that extra punch to give it a 10. Still, a top 3 marvel movie for me tho.
Great movie
hpzcyfhc6 June 2021
This movie didn't feel like a superhero movie and that's what makes it so good the side characters where great and Steve and Natasha's friendship trough the movie was great and the fight scenes where very well made and I loved the villain also.
A step up in quality...
andyajoflaherty5 July 2020
Another year, another collection of Marvel films, and fresh off the starting blocks is this sequel to the surprisingly decent First Avenger. A tour de force of action and humour, this is Marvel studios at their best. Chris Evans does a great job of playing Captain America, giving him the charisma and soul that he seemed to lack in the Avengers. Johansson was convincing as Black Widow, and seems to be getting noticeably better at acting with every film she does. Samuel L Jackson provides old school relief as Nick Fury, and has a much more substantial role this time round. The only disappointment for me was the Winter Soldier himself, who after being introduced as a mysterious and seemingly indestructible and lethal antagonist, gets watered down massively prior to the conclusion. Speaking of the conclusion, it felt a tad....well, stock to me. Overall though, it's highly entertaining viewing, especially for comic fans...
MCU AT ITS BEST
alcantaraj-1659416 June 2020
The Russo brothers' debut Marvel film, "Captain American: The Winter Soldier," is one of the MCU's best films, proving that producer Kevin Feige made the right choice in chosing the duo to direct some of the franchise's future installments
7 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A wonderful thriller, conspiracy and adventure that delivers a great great film
fear_da_fro_bro21 March 2014
This film is simply exceptional in every way. The edge it has is delivering the best, grittiest action the genre has ever scene and characters that are as complex as the are fun. Why do I say that? Well...

What I love about the character is that Steve Rogers has "I'm-a-man-out- of-time issues" but he's comfortable with the chaos that it brings. In acclimating himself to this century he is at his best. Yes, most people would be overwhelmed but because of who he is and where he's from, he's able to cope and adapt. The serum that gives him his physical edge also gives him a mental boost. It's his emotions that are raw and unaided. Time has passed since Avengers so we don't get to see his day to day amazement and adjustment. I'm glad they skipped that stuff. What we do see is the man who once represented America and has become alien to America and it's slanted values. The passage of time. Add those struggles to a full blown conspiracy film and what results might just be the best film released all year long.

Steve Rogers is basically a John Wayne American. The world shifts to him and it's his job to tell everybody "Here's they way things should be done." We saw that in Avengers and even the first film after he gathered his Howling Commandos. Now, the powers that be are a lot more flexible in terms of loyalties and how they're going to get certain jobs done. How he handles this century's gray morality is at the heart of the film.

Like most men from the 1940's, Steve keeps things to himself and keeps his emotions bottled up. (EX: the first film when he mentions his mother dying of TB and he was even embarrassed when Peggy found him mourning alone for Bucky) So, bringing The Black Widow in to this film gives him someone who is going to draw out his story, because he's never going to offer it up of his own accord. Natasha learns from him. Fury learns from him. Sam Wilson learns from him. Yet, they all give him something in return. Every character used is utilized perfectly and smartly. Falcon for example, is not in awe of the legend of Captain America. This is exactly what Steve wants in a friend and in a fellow soldier, to not have to be Captain America. Everyone fits perfectly in to the plot and allows access to different beats, tones and emotional depth. Yes, conspiracy thrillers need depth and this one has it.

Captain America is probably the only superhero left in this world of the reboot who is singularly heroic. He doesn't have this dark existential quandary like other reinventions. Plugging that resolute goodness into a morally complex story means he doesn't question what he believes, but he questions whether anybody else does anymore. He doesn't question his foundation but he questions where he has ended up and what his role must now be. The conspiracy element and structure of this story helps in that Captain America is not up on a pedestal being self righteous, he's in a corner and that makes you want to root for the guy. He believes in what he's doing and the viewer is along for a great ride sharing that belief.

Marvel movies usually establish character early. This one starts out fast but it's got a lot of character in it. The first act packs a punch but does it laying the groundwork for a remarkable third act. They take time showing the issues and you immediately empathize with Steve. Giving us good character depth means the action delivers more punch. And the action here is beyond great. This movie absolutely punches you in the face in the best way possible. The action has advanced a lot from the first film. How he now operates in the world and kicks butt is all very impressive.

So, this is probably Marvel's grittiest movie and it's also their best sequel to date. There's a dash of humor but there's mostly a wonderful thriller, conspiracy and adventure that delivers a great great film.
409 out of 603 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.