The Words (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 14 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for brief strong language and smoking|
Sex & Nudity
- No sex or nudity is ever fully shown in this movie, but it is implied often and there are sexual themes.
- Men and women kiss passionately throughout the movie.
- A man and a women are shown in bed several times, presumably after sex.
- A woman shakes her clothed butt at a man and tells him that he's 'missing out'. He then follows her. It is implied that they were going to have sex.
- A man comes up behind a woman and they start kissing in detail, he starts tugging her clothes off, you can see the side of her bare breast and then you can see her cleavage while she is in a bra later.
- Women wear revealing outfits at parties.
Violence & Gore
- A man's charred dead body is carried out of a house. His arm can briefly be seen, but the rest of his body is covered with a sheet.
- Eight f-words in the Blu-Ray release; one in the traditional DVD and PG-13 version. Misuse of God's name multiple times, some of which are accompanied by "damn". Several uses of s**t and of mild profanity, including damn and hell.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Men and women drink on many occasions.
- On two occasions, a man gets drunk, you can see him drinking heavily and you see the negative effects.
- Men are seen smoking on several occasions.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- An infant dies, this may be traumatic for some viewers.
- An older man dies, this is only explained and might not be as traumatic.
- Themes include plagiarism, death, and living lies, the movie may be to tense for young viewers.