The Words (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 13 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for brief strong language and smoking|
Sex & Nudity
- No sex or nudity is ever fully shown in this movie, but it is implied often and there are sexual themes.
- Men and women kiss passionately throughout the movie.
- A man and a women are shown in bed several times, presumably after sex.
- A woman shakes her clothed butt at a man and tells him that he's 'missing out'. He then follows her. It is implied that they were going to have sex.
- Women wear revealing outfits at parties.
Violence & Gore
- A man's charred dead body is carried out of a house. His arm can briefly be seen, but the rest of his body is covered with a sheet.
- Eight f-words in the Blu-Ray release; one in the traditional DVD and PG-13 version. Misuse of God's name multiple times, some of which are accompanied by "damn". Several uses of s**t and of mild profanity, including damn and hell.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Men and women drink on many occasions.
- On two occasions, a man gets drunk, you can see him drinking heavily and you see the negative effects.
- Men are seen smoking on several occasions.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- An infant dies, this may be traumatic for some viewers.
- An older man dies, this is only explained and might not be as traumatic.
- Themes include plagiarism, death, and living lies, the movie may be to tense for young viewers.