Titanic 666 (2022) Poster

(2022)

Looks like High-School kids made this!
collectorofsorts12 May 2022
Very cheaply made film. Poor special effects. My grandkids do better special effects on their laptops. Very PC, from the black female Captain to the cliched (dumb) white social media influencers. This movie was just all around bad. And I usually enjoy cheaply made B-Movies. But this one was just poorly thought out, poorly scripted and poorly carried out.
12 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Ghost, line and S(t)inker
kosmasp17 May 2022
I have to admit, reading the cast list, I was a bit surprised to see certain people involved in this. Be it AnnaLynne or Gatt or some of the others. But not just because of the pandemic, people do need work. And when a streaming plattform offers you money - I guess you are going to accept it, if you have nothing better to do.

The beginning sets the tone - we see the Titanic of the past. And I think you know about the incident and the big iceberg (yes size matters ... I think - let's not get into a climate change discussion). The movie is quite out there and I guess tries to compete with what Asylum has done before it ... but as crazy as those movies are, they do seem to have better CGI ... barely better CGI maybe ... or maybe it just feels like it. Whatever the case, there are quite a few things that do not work here.

I guess certain other aspects (some of the characters you will love to hate) do work. And the actors in front of the camera really do their best ... especially considering what they have to pretend to be in ... or on. Or whatever else.
4 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
What happened to Titanic 2?
josephjanz23 April 2022
Good for TUBI for creating original content. Too bad it was simply boring. I had no connection with any of the main characters. I struggled to find anyone likable in the entire cast. The "kills" are mostly sloppy computer graphics and the plot is extremely predictable. My only question is that if this movie takes place aboard the Titanic III, what happened to Titanic II?
13 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Waste of Time
This is really bad and it DOES look cheap. I can do better job on TikTok. The acting is horrible, I was really excited for AnnaLynne as I was a fan of her Naomi on 90210 but she was playing a more fake/annoying version of Naomi. Graphics are really bad, the storyline is very weak.
6 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not up to Asylum standards.
mabakerhtx16 April 2022
Casting and costumes are strange. The captain looks like a stripper hired to look like a deckhand. A group of motley children were cast as the crew and the passengers are annoying. The ghost crew looks like the rejects from Michael Jackson's thriller video. Most Asylum flicks incorporate humor into an over the top action story but this is just boring.
13 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
SyFy Channel Horror??
wop-3152915 April 2022
The one thing this movie should be is FUN. That is the major mistake the writers made. If they had gone full SyFy and replaced the ghosts with killer otters, it would have been significantly better. Instead, someone literally said "Hey Gary, let's make a Titanic but the villain is ghouls instead of glaciers."

You shouldn't make a SyFy channel style movie in the genre of horror PERIOD. Entertaining horror needs to have an actual attempt at creating a feeling of fear, or be funny, or even just gory (for people who like that, but not my thing). As none of these exist here, the movie plays out more like a disaster genre film. We have an impending doom that requires us to collectively put our heads together to solve a problem in order to survive.

A schlocky premise is fine, but then to treat the entire plot and dialogue in a serious manner immediately betrays that premise.

On top of this dealbreaker, they double down with another reason for instant failure... no likeable characters. You can only pick 2 types of people in this video game: bland or insufferable. You have nobody to root for in a movie of which you already know the ending, so for what reason do I have to take this journey?

Acting is the same as all these D movies.

Ship effects are distractingly bad and would serve better to not be shown at all. I'm not sure why the set designers think the steering room of a cruise ship would look like a Naval battleship. Horror effects are that of a SeaWorld haunted house, which isn't bad, but not film-worthy. I actually like the plot but it is about as poorly executed as possible.

And yes, I managed to not make any nautical puns throughout this entire review. You're welcome, ya dinghy.

(I rate movies based on expectations. You can't put Sharknado on the same scale as Jaws.)
9 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just enjoy it
thegreenarrow-2818419 April 2022
Dont take this movie too seriously! It's just supposed to be a fun watch. The movie is very well done, it dosnt look "cheep" compared to Titanic 2, the acting was better then i expected , i wish the movie had more of the ghosts in it, and i also wish the sinking at the ending was better, they needed more people, it was too empty, and the ship should of split into two. While the Quality off this movie was better then Titanic 2, i do think Titanic 2 has a better story. I hope this gets put onto DVD, frankly I'm surprised this movie even exist.
7 out of 17 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Who the hell thinks this isn't comedy?
NotAFakeReviewer19 April 2022
It's asylum and tubi? Bad on purpose like all their stuff.

You're supposed to think it's bad and cheesy. It's not meant to be a 'real' horror.

Think intentionally bad like sharknado.

It does what it set out to do what it achieved and heaven help those who don't know that.
6 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A much better than expected genre effort
kannibalcorpsegrinder20 April 2022
On the anniversary of the original disaster, a ship takes off on a memorial trip to the spot of the original sinking only to be suddenly struck by a series of incidents and accidents that suggest a supernatural force has been summoned to the ship and seeking revenge, forcing the survivors to stop them.

This one ended up far better than expected. Among the better features here come from the rather likable setup that provides plenty of fun in getting the group to the site of the original sinking. Taking on the memorial anniversary trip route that features the ship retaking the original route with a more modern clientele base which allows it to feature the assortment of influencers and social media personalities that populate this world, the series of passengers onboard that rival old-school enthusiasm and glamor for the trip with those that are onboard merely to hustle and swindle them makes for a rather enjoyable starting point to the fun. Combined with the series of coincidences and freak accidents that slowly detail the emerging sense of the ghosts haunting and taking over the ship as a means of revenge that takes quite a while for the crew to realize, the setup here has quite a lot to like about it. That last part offers up the great part here where the supernatural antics of the ghosts taking revenge on everyone through a slew of impressive supernatural attacks. With the summoning ritual taking place inside the bowels of the ship, the resulting chaos that transpires involving the ghosts taking out the crew features some rather fun ambush-style sequences with a lot to like overall. The big scenes involving the ghosts confronting the couple out on the deck of the ship or down the holding brig are rather impressive sequences getting some fun attacks along with some cheesy deaths involved, while the finale featuring the ghosts running wild on the ship as it heads to the iceberg in a series of graphic encounters and big action in the midst of the chaos to get away to safety has a lot of fun. These features make for a lot to like here which holds it up overall. There aren't too many issues here, but it does have some minor flaws. The biggest factor with this one is the highly convoluted and scattershot means of revenge that the ghosts play out, which seems somewhat misguided. Rather than going for the route of taking their revenge on those that removed their personal belongings from the gravesite, this one tends to be rather skewed towards the standard role of taking out everyone they come across. However, most of the second half here is based on the idea of trying to return the stolen goods back to their rightful owners and features the idea of the summoned onto the ship to carry it out which seems to shift their focus from time-to-time depending on the needs of the sequence. That is a bit off-putting, much like the somewhat obvious low-budget CGI here for the effects and spectacle sequences which carries a sense of cheesiness it doesn't really need in this kind of film. These are the only real detrimental features.

Rated Unrated/R: Graphic Language and Graphic Violence.
5 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
not that bad....for an asylum movie
moonnight07216 April 2022
I waswhen i saw in the intro it was made from the asylum,i was like.. oh damn its another bad one. But turn out was not that bad.maybe because they didnt go as bit with the FX on this one compare their other movie but was passable.
9 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not as bad as many reviewers made it out to be
casablancavic12 May 2022
Normally when a movie is made by Asylum, it's just beyond lazy writing and prop construction and lousy performances with exceptionally poor story and effects.

This is actually not a bad movie.

I rated it a 9 because others rated it a 1 and in reality it's not a 9, but it's somewhere mid range.

It's too short of a movie in my opinion and a larger budget and cast would have made this really awesome.

Asylum stepped up the game far beyond their normal lousy shark movies and horribly dinosaur movies or normal science fiction.

I enjoyed this movie much more than many other far bigger movies which have come out in the last 10 years.

Glad to see that some quality is finally being put into the Asylum movies and not just on the poster cover art.

I liked it - and yes, it still could have been better...no doubt, but then again they didn't have $200 million dollars to work with.

I would have liked to see more carnage done to the boat as well.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The Asylum brings back Titanic and then some...
paul_haakonsen3 May 2022
Right, well first of all the title of this movie wasn't really sending off any vibes of this being a particularly great movie. I mean, "Titanic 666", it just seems rather tacky, doesn't it?

And then there was the fact that this was a movie from The Asylum. That just doesn't really slap on a seal of approval either, now does it? But then again, in all fairness, then The Asylum actually does have some fair movies out there that transcends their usual rubbish mockbusters.

So I opted to sit down and watch "Titanic 666" from director Nick Lyon. Needless to say that my expectations were none here. Truth be told, I was expecting it to be yet another of those cheesy and campy movies that The Asylum are known for and have been spewing out for years.

While the storyline in "Titanic 666", as written by Jacob Cooney and Jason White, wasn't exactly rocket science. Nay, it was actually a rather stupid storyline. If you imagine the tragedy of the RMS Titanic and grind it through whatever writing genius was at work at The Asylum, then you have "Titanic 666". Someone had rebuilt the Titanic and named it Titanic III; wait, so was this movie actually a sequel to the 2010 movie "Titanic II", or what was going on here?

Regardless, then this was a movie about recapturing the voyage of the Titanic in a new state of the art replica of the original steam liner, but wait, it gets better, because this movie has black magic, frozen apparitions returning to wreck havoc and seek vengeance. Yeah, that was about the magnitude of the writing and concept idea of Jacob Cooney and Jason White. Can we get a round of applause for these guys?

The acting performances in "Titanic 666" were fair enough. Sure, this movie wasn't boasting any major names, nor any particularly familiar faces. Of all the cast members here in the movie, I was familiar only with Joseph Gatt. Needless to say that you're not in an evening of Shakespearian theater here.

Now, the visual presentation of "Titanic 666" has to be brought into the light. Color me impressed. The Asylum really have upped their game here with this 2022 movie and brought out the big wallet. The special effects, the sets, props, and such really were good. It looked rather authentic, and the CGI was good. And believe you me, the visuals really made the movie float - pardon the pun - and made the movie all the more watchable. I was really impressed with this improvement in a movie from The Asylum.

All in all, then "Titanic 666" was every bit as cheesy, corny, ridiculous and stupid as I had expected and anticipated. But director Nick Lyon actually managed to make the movie into something of a watchable guilty pleasure. The movie was actually better than expected. Not grand cinema here, for sure, but watchable for the campy feature it was.

My rating of "Titanic 666" lands on a five out of ten stars.
2 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
If James Cameron made a Titanic sequel, this would be it...
ezgolucky20 April 2022
Not really. I expected a worse movie. The effects were decent and acting was not too bad. Overall, not too bad of a watch. Of course, it's not great but I expected alot worse...
3 out of 9 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Awful acting and the worse special effects ever.
nreale-4506925 April 2022
The captain has to be the worst actress ever. She looks like she's lost, doesn't even have a full captain's outfit. She looks like she is just walking through the movie. Even in an emergency she's just walking around very calm. Secondly, the bridge looks like a cardboard set with a crew that also can't act. Where did they get these actors ?

The ghosts can act more than the crew. The couple live streaming were the funniest. At least their played up their parts. Avoid unless you want to view the worst movie of the year so far.
3 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
7 For Pure Campiness
sweetseraphim-2250718 April 2022
NOT a horror - no blood, no gore, no freakiness. Yeah, there are some ghosts and a mildly-believable séance, but this is a tame thriller with quite a few plot holes. HOWEVER, it's awesome for campiness. Also, I appreciate how much diversity is in the film - one of the leads is a female ship captain of color! Nice representation. :)

In all, this is a fun film that's nice for a relaxing Saturday afternoon. If Sam and Dean Winchester has been there, it would have been perfect.
6 out of 13 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disrespectful trash!
aqvye21 April 2022
If Hollywood continues to make disasters and victims into horror villains, then they need to be dropped and sunk into bankruptcy. Captain Smith, a hero who never have taken a lifeboat, practically sacrificing themselves, the crew who died on board did their best to help save the passengers, sacrificing themselves. The passengers, CHILDREN INCLUDING! DIED ON THAT SHIP! So, to the director, I hope that someday you'll regret this movie. Doubt it though. Sad, real sad.
4 out of 11 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
"So override the override!"
unemployed_ed22 April 2022
That line is actually in the movie at the 46:30 mark.

Nick Lyon directs which is good. But it also is an Asylum production, what do you expect? All in all, it is a watchable movie.

And I will even plug the Asylum movie channel, you can watch it free under Movies, all day every day, on PlutoTV. If you like these kinds of movies, you will get your fill there!
2 out of 6 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I wouldn't recommend but-
rodzombi27 April 2022
I enjoyed it. It was stupid kind of fun. I was impressed that the actors were able to deliver such lines as "I can't control the controls!" And "Mayday! This is the titanic 3!". Just low budget cheese abound. No real gore or nudity, just silly simple filter like ghost face stuff.
1 out of 3 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
trash
ritayuzhang18 April 2022
Woke trash.

Honestly couldn't really expect much in the way of quality from American film in recent years, but this is beyond bad.

Suggest watching a game of cricket instead, would be more exciting... better yet, watching paint dry.
6 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Concept was good, movie was bad.
snwlf1-7-9394365 May 2022
The concept behind the movie was great. It had a lot of potential. Unfortunately it was carried out poorly. I've seen better acting in YouTube videos and TikToks. But this was like those pimple popping videos, you don't want to see it, but you can't stop watching.

If it had bee made by another service, it would have been better. It's a case of you get what you pay for. Tubi is free, they rely on ad revenue. If Prime or Netflix had picked up the movie, I think it would have been much better.
2 out of 5 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
James Cameron beware: There's a Lyon on the prowl
chase-5278116 April 2022
This was possibly the most captivating movie I've seen this year. Every time I began to think it was approaching a trope, it turned the other direction and painted a smile on my cynical face. Like Anton Ego with his ratatouille, this picture brought me back to my youth as a skipper on a large pleasure yacht. As the lone survivor of a water-sports accident I feel like my soul is being touched by the hands of a delicate angel. Bravo Nick Lyon, Bravo.
12 out of 39 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Disrespectful
hannakarlsson-7624228 April 2022
Not ok, in memory of those who perished and those who survived. Don't make movies like this if you can't have respect of its history, the ship and its passengers.
1 out of 4 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Garbage
farryx28 April 2022
This movie was made with snapchat filters and edited by a monkey. I mean they can put an iceberg photo from Google instead of a rock zoomed in. Was the most confusing movie and cringe I ever seen. I rated it with 3 stars because I have work to do and I said I will finished the job after a movie.
2 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Tanzania
fredmtera83025 June 2022
It's bad and unrealistic pure calligraphy. Low budgeted exhibitors with hilarious moves .. we recommend a bring back of the real titanic thriller word to the movie industry and the directors.
0 out of 0 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Respectless
mijn_ikke3 June 2022
This is a c movie bad acting dumb storyline and respectless to all who died on the Titanic in 1912. We watched it and had great laughs seeing the b actors perform trying to be actors but failed.
0 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.