Jackass 4.5 (Video 2022) Poster

(2022 Video)

Much funnier than 'forever'
sean-rae23 May 2022
This felt like old school jackass. Flowed alot smoother than the actual movie, the introduction to the new cast went a bit deeper and felt like we actually got to know them a bit better.

Be warned, there is a lot more butt stuff in this movie and personally the only time I have ever retched watching a jackass movie is from watching a certian sushi stunt in this one.

Very funny, strangely heartfelt, exciting to see where the new cast take it from here with new TV show announced.

Peace.
15 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Better than the film in my opinion...
luke-mori198621 May 2022
I wasn't a fan of the theatrical release of jackass forever, I didn't really like the stunts etc and wasn't overly keen on the newbies. I thought this was quite entertaining and enjoyed it more than the actual film.
24 out of 30 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Hilarious
Calicodreamin21 May 2022
So many good stunts that had me laughing out loud. Commentary added some fun backstory on the stunts and how the movie came to be made. The bouncy house blowing up? Awesome.
16 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
So much better than the proper film!
hajermiller-9119522 May 2022
Now this is what the reunion was meant to be like! Felt much more organic and natural. Laughed so much more than the proper film. The interviews were good too. Just like the good old days!
14 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
The real Jackass Forever for the longtime fans
sergej-h21 May 2022
If you've been around since the original Jackass series and love watching these guys for their personalities and chemistry, then you will probably enjoy this as much as I did.

If you do not care about the guys, their history or chemistry, but rather just watch some dudes do silly stunts, then 4.0 will probably be more of your cup of tea.

Jackass 4.0 was all high budget, polished stunts with little talk. Giving you less insight into the chemistry between the guys, and being less intimate.

4.5 is more intimate, focusing on the pranks they pull on each other behind the scenes and watching them having a blast together on low budget stunts. Which feels in a way more pure and true to what made Jackass great back in the days; a bunch of guys with zero to no budget and a video camera, doing silly stuff.

On top of that, they have behind the scenes/set talk, with the guys talking about their experiences and thoughts. How ideas came to be, how the movie came to be, the issues they encountered, backstory of the new guys and why they were picked, their very first stunt together and everything in-between.

For me personally, as a longtime fan of the guys themselves, this was way more intriguing and in a way nostalgic to watch, rather than just the high budget stunts of Jackass Forever.

In a perfect world, I'd like to see a 3 hour supercut mix of 4.0 and 4.5, as they are both good in their own different way and give out slightly different vibes, where one is more "grand", a bit more shallow and suitable for new audience, while the other is more intimate/deep for those who enjoy that.

I feel like it gave me somewhat of a closure to the original Jackass guys, and a welcoming to the new guys. A smart transition to the upcoming Jackass series reboot, which will probably mainly (if not only) feature the new crew.
16 out of 20 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
More Laughs Than Expected
arated-9662920 May 2022
I see the .5 films in the jackass series as a fun feature length behind the scenes. But this felt like another full jackass film! While there are more failed ideas and behind the scenes chat, I'm surprised at how many stunts that are better than the ones in Jackass Forever here in 4.5.

The new cast felt a bit restricted before but this really did feel like everyone at their A Game.

If this is where the series ends I'm happy, because not only did they make a great 4th film but they also managed to make the best .5 film in the franchise too. Great stuff!

I would love to see a Jackass Forever directors cut with all the things from 4 and 4.5 together. Because the quality of stunts and pranks here are on par with the main instalment. Unlike say 2.5 which did feel like the deleted segments of Jackass Number Two, 4.5 is a solid entry and I'm worried not enough people will see it. Especially after how popular Jackass Forever was.
6 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
These stunts should have been in the cinema version
vince-nymark21 May 2022
This right here is true Jackass, just absurdly nasty, brave and hilarious stunts. I for one thought this felt way more Jackass than the cinema release. There is shown a lot more pranks from on scene, and the stunts that are done felt way more like from what it was in the old movies. There are stunts that push the boundary of each and everyone of the crew in this one and it really helps you connect to the gang. I felt a part of a really hilarious ride and was very pleasantly surprised of this movie, as the .5 movies really just tend to add the their cinema release counterpart. But this movie imo was funnier and nastier than the cinema release.
17 out of 23 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Simple...
fingazmc30 May 2022
If you like Jackass then watch it, if you don't then stay away from the rating button. Your opinion on something you already don't like; is irrelevant.
7 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Interesting Behind-the-Scenes Information and More Tomfoolry
Reviews_of_the_Dead22 May 2022
I should lead off saying that I was a fan of Jackass back when it was on television. Jaime was to. We saw Jackass Forever in the theater and then went back binge through the other movies not too long ago. I though they might do a 4.5 and when I heard it was on Netflix, I was in. Jaime saw it when she was putting on a show as well.

Much like some of the other .5s in the series, this one is using the footage that didn't make the main movie. We are also getting a pseudo-documentary as well. There is cast and crew talking about the challenges of making this one from other ones. They bring up different things like COVID shutting down production and just being older. It was also interesting talking about bringing up the three younger guys due to that last point.

I did enjoy hearing some of the behind-the-scenes stuff. The footage we see here isn't as good. This is still entertaining, especially for fans of the series. I don't find this to be the best, but I didn't hate my time with it either. This has your normal runtime so it doesn't overstay its welcome either. Would recommend giving a watch for sure.

My Rating: 7.5 out of 10.
6 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Best .5
masonsaul24 May 2022
Just like Jackass Forever was the best Jackass film, it's only fitting that Jackass 4.5 is the best .5, with the best stunts and a stronger focus overall whilst still retaining the insightful and heartfelt behind the scenes. A fitting epilogue to an already strong swan song.

Usually with a .5 the stunts present are good but it's easy to see why they were taken out but not here. All of the stunts are great and some of them are so painfully funny they rival those that are in the film. However, a few of the extremely gross ones are present but still restrained in comparison to the predecessors.
6 out of 12 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It was fun to watch
steelegabe20 May 2022
I thought it would be the same pranks just like jackass forever but it was actually really fun and funny to watch the cast was excellent and the pranks were even better.
7 out of 10 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
YUK!!!!!!!!
antide-4237623 May 2022
Some parts are hilarious but most of it is just too sick to be funny. The sight of a guys dick and balls wears thin very quickly and the sight of someone actually puking up is never amusing.

The funny bits can't make up for parts of this movie that make you squirm with awkwardness. I know the whole point of Jackass is to push boundaries but it's had it's day.
15 out of 37 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I just wish they found a way to address the Bam stuff.
matthewssilverhammer18 June 2022
In some ways, I kind of prefer these Jackass.5 movies to the actual films. The behind-the-scenes, talking-head interview style enhances the documentary leanings of the franchise in super fun & fascinating ways. You get a better idea of how insane it is to make these movies & the tole it takes on the cast & crew. Dark Shark is solidified as king of this production.
1 out of 1 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Talks more about making the film than the actual film
joey_k-7406030 May 2022
I get it's lowbrow humor but it's repetitive and not as good as the previous films. You would think they just ran out of ideas and decide to figure out how to get hit in the balls in various ways.

And it seems like it talks more about the making of the film than actual film. I gave up about 75% of the way and got tired of it.
9 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Some funny stunts, mostly disgusting and boring
benirohr24 May 2022
Too much of the same disgusting stunts, and too little funny, well though out ideas.

The cast is also just too old, it makes it quite a bit cringey.

Definitely not like the original jackass movies.
15 out of 28 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's over
mrcowdenbeathfc21 May 2022
I loved the jackass movies and thought they were so funny original and seemed nice guys . I watched this latest one last night here in London U. K. and thought that's it no more and switched off , leave the memories in the last as it's done and run it's course . It's not funny anymore as you've seen it so many times . Sad but every great idea reaches the end of the road and this most certainly has . I must add I think there all lovely people and my sense of humour.
14 out of 33 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Behind the scenes with even more stunts
benwilliams199920 May 2022
As funny as the film. Full of bonus stunts and pranks of the Jackass cast hurting themselves for our entertainment. It's a shame that some of the stuff which was cut from the film, still didn't managed to get into this 4.5 film, but still funny, cringy, and painful to watch.
4 out of 7 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Some could say too many penis'
nathanmanson20 May 2022
I don't mind a penis stunt but I've never seen so many. Soak the film in though boys it could be the last time you see them all together. Jackass is my childhood and it was just so good to watch them still. Was getting bored of watching the older ones for the 100th time. Dark shark on the plane at the end was hilarious I was in stitches.
4 out of 16 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
They're baaaack!!!!!
TheDome8120 May 2022
If you enjoyed the first three movies you'll love this one. It's simply more outrageous and painful to watch than ever. The stunts make you want to buy stock in Ben0Gay! A lot more dick humor but to great effect. As a guy, I could barely get through some of the scenes! Well done, mates!
5 out of 15 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Oh dear...
finster_00725 May 2022
Utter trash!

A bunch of 50 something guys doing a lot of pranks, most of which just aren't funny. So much fake pretending they were hurt/scared etc

Time to hang the squirty water flower up guys, jackass was done a long time ago.
12 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too Much talking, Not Enough Stunts
erasmushurt20 May 2022
I've been a Jackass fan since MTV and I enjoyed Jackass Forever. There were some funny moments in 4.5, as well. But.after all the talk about how much good footage they had that didn't make Forever, this had way too much talking and narrative and not enough stunts.

It was much more similar to Jackass 2.5 than 3.5 in that regard. It's still enjoyable to watch. And I don't mind getting the background, but it was a little disappointing to me.
10 out of 22 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just as good as Jackass: Forever 9/10 👍
bradzvlogs20 May 2022
Just like the previous .5's deleted/cut Stunt's & Segment's funny seeing dark shark at the end with the skydiving just amazing as the other .5s only Huge let down is not having Bam Margera appearing in any deleted scenes.
9 out of 19 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
This should have been the main film
frosty-444315 June 2022
I watched "forever" at the cinema and although it was alright, something was missing. Now after watching "4.5" I much prefer this one as it's the Jackass we all know.
1 out of 2 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Raunchier, snd Gnarlier
dmoorejr21 May 2022
Raunchier, and gnarlier than Jackass 4. I really liked the documentary style inserts they utilized along with all the new scenes. I expected a couple deleted scenes added to the original movie, but this was a totally new experience.
3 out of 8 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Too little to woke
kittson22 May 2022
Mandatory black and female cast members. It's awkward and woke. Where is the Asian cast member? From the get go it was easy to see this movie was forced and say what you will the new cast members were mandatory to be aired on Netflix.
15 out of 45 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.