The Nut Job (I) (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for mild action and rude humor|
Sex & Nudity
- The name can be considered to be a bit Suggestive but children will probably not understand that nut has another meaning
- A shapely woman appears at a door (a la old-time detective shows), and the camera pans up from her feet to her face, giving the viewer a good look at her curves.
- Grayson has a crush on Andie, and he constantly flirts with her (much to her annoyance).
Violence & Gore
- Surly kicks a sleeping pigeon off a power line
- Surly is captured in a cage by the bank robbers and a large (machete-type) knife is stabbed into the table in front of the cage.
- A gun is shown in several scenes (the gun is clearly seen approximately 7 times). The human "bad guys" or bank robbers use a gun to try to shoot Surly. The gun is shown, pointed at Surly (while he scrambles to get away), and several shots are heard (Surly is not injured).
- The head bank robber (King) stands outside the van where his (human) accomplices are, points the gun through the open window at them and threatens them.
- Knuckles (a bank robber accomplice) lights a box of dynamite in the van, puts a dynamite stick into the gas pedal of the van (to hold down the gas), and aims the van at the line of policeman. The van of lit explosives is driving towards a line of policemen, Surly and Andie (and some other animals) are in the van. One of the policemen shoots his gun at the van and blows out the tire, which causes the van to veer to the side of the dam and explode as it is teetering on the edge of the dam.
- Plenty of cartoon-style violence... e.g. one squirrel gets crushed by a pile of bricks (but is fine in the next scene).
- In one of the shorts Surly and a couple of the other animals say a couple of words like Damn is said 2 times and Bastardized is said 2 times Hell is said 1 time.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Surly is threatened by menacing rats after he is banished from the park, and there is a chase scene while he tries to get away from them. The rats have crazy eyes and pointy teeth, which could frighten younger viewers.