Little Boy (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 17 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for some mature thematic material and violence|
Sex & Nudity
- There is only the mildest sexual innuendo. A man refers to his chair as offering the 'best view' because he can see a woman bending over in the kitchen.
Violence & Gore
- Brief scenes of a father and son in an imaginary old west gunfight. Revolvers are fired, but nobody is shown being shot.
- World war 2 close quarters battle with lots of rifle fire and grenades. Fallen soldiers are shown, but there is no blood and nobody is seen being shot.
- A man attempts to throw a Molotov cocktail at a house occupied by Japanese-Americans.
- B&W 'movie within the movie' shows a woman being assaulted and held beneath a guillotine, but it's played up in a campy way.
- A burn victim is shown. He's mostly covered in bandages, but his burned limbs are exposed.
- Several sword fights are shown, but no blood is drawn. A samurai crushes a man's head offscreen, and is killed by a poison dart.
- A man points a shotgun at an unarmed man's head.
- B&W footage of an atomic bomb's explosion is shown, followed by archival footage of Hiroshima's devastation.
- A Japanese POW camp is bombed, and fleeing POW's are executed by the guards. A fallen POW bleeds from the mouth in the movie's only depiction of blood.
- There is one use of the word 'shit' as the boy attempts to move a mountain. Also, eight uses of 'stupid', one use of 'idiot', and two uses of 'crap'.
- Japanese-Americans are referred to via racial epithets: "Japs", "Nip", and "Dirty Jap", "Rat", and "Buddha head" in the context of WW2.
- The term 'yellow' is referenced twice towards one of the characters.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Young man swigs from a mickey upon hearing bad news.
- Some men and a kid sit around a table in a bar. One person sips from a shot glass.
- A man smokes a cigarette.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There are several brief battle scenes that are moderately intense. A POW is shot in the back, and his corpse is later shown. A Samurai wearing a scary mask charges, only to fall due to a poison dart hitting him in the throat. A boy wanders in the ruins of Hiroshima after the atomic bomb is dropped, and he is surrounded by devastation.