Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 11 items
|MPAA||Rated R for language, sexual content and brief graphic nudity|
Sex & Nudity
- A woman dances and straddles a man. They make out, there is a lot of moaning. The man removes the woman's dress and she is in a bra and underwear. They writhe up against each other and moan heavily. He kisses her all over her body but then he stops because he is uncomfortable.
- There a scene where a man and woman have "phone sex". The woman is heard moaning.
- There is lots of sexual dialogue.
- Theodore looks at a drawing of a man having sex with a woman's armpit.
- In one of several sexual dialouges in the movie, a woman bizzarly demands that the man "strangle me with a dead cat" while they imitate a sexual encounter over online chat.
- A nude, pregnant woman is shown during a fantasy sequence. Complete frontal nudity of the woman provides insight into the protagonist's interest in alternatives to standard human interactions. The scene is about 10 seconds.
- A scene where a man looks at a couple of pics of a pregnant woman. She is implied to be nude, but we only see her bare back.
Violence & Gore
- 33 uses of "fuck". Some scattered uses of "bitch", "damn", "ass", "hell", and "shit". There's one scene that has very frequent uses of "pussy"
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There are scenes of casual drinking throughout the film.
- A man out of nervous anticipation quickly finishes a bottle of beer.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There is nothing scary, frightening, or intense about the movie. The movie is very emotional, and heavy at times. The bond between the man and his operating system is very sad because a man is in love with a computer.