The Expendables 2 (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 25 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong bloody violence throughout|
Sex & Nudity
- A man makes suggestive remarks toward a woman.
Violence & Gore
- There is a long, massive shootout in an airport in the end, and many people are shot and killed, often with bloody results. Two men drive through the building in a smart car, and shoot many bad guys.
- There's a large shootout in a deserted town, but all the enemies attacking the Expendables are suddenly shot and killed by an unknown shooter. Not too violent.
- A plane approaches a bridge that many bad guys are on, and they fire at the plane. The plane fires at the bridge, blowing up, and killing everyone on the bridge.
- Several men zipline though a forest, shooting assailants on the ground.
- Two men are shot in the head with a sniper and their heads explode
- Same violence/blood/gore level with the first
- Non stop graphic and bloody violence/gore including gunshots, sniping, dismemberment, slicing, and executions.
- A man strikes numerous adversaries with two frying pans.
- There is a torturous like scene in the first 10-15 minutes of the movie where a man is seen being beaten and being cut with a very sharp knife, they scrape it against his chest, these few seconds dwell on the slice and a bloody cut is seen being drawn across his chest.
- A knife is kicked into a man's heart, he falls to the ground. We see the knife being kicked into the man with some blood spray.
- Men are almost constantly killed with throwing knives, bullets, and beat downs.
- In one scene there is one man left (enemy) and the team all at once shoot him. Very bloody, a lot of bloody spray. We see the bullet entry wounds and blood resulting from the bullets. He eventually falls over.
- Two men fight one on one, where one gets the upper hand, hits him with chains and wraps them around the man with the lower hand and pulls him towards him and drives a knife into his chest/stomach area.
- One scene at the end of the film contains a character's head held in a bag, although the head itself is not seen, blood dripping from the bag is shown. You can hear the body parts moving in the bag.
- A woman pulls out a set of thin knives to torture a man. Actual torture is not seen, but screams and the sounds of flesh being cut are clearly heard.
- Two men get into a fist fight, and one of them is decapitated and torn apart after being pushed into a helicopter blade, very graphic.
- 10 or so uses of S**t, bastard, d**m; although no F-bombs are used, contrary to the above mentioning.
- 10 uses of "shit",1 use of "bastard", 1 and 1 use of "damn".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Smoking is done by the main character and drinking is done by almost everyone in the group at a bar.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There is a brutal final fight between Vilain and Barney.
- A few characters are killed at close range execution style
- The large airport battle is very intense at times.
- There a lot of graphically violent scenes.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Billy gets stabbed in the heart. Very sad/intense