Switched at Birth (2011–2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 17 items
Sex & Nudity
- Innuendos scattered throughout.
- In an early episode, Bay and her boyfriend make out on top of each other. They stop before anything further happens because he "doesn't have anything."
- Teens sleep with each other in many implied scenes. Characters cheat on one another.
- Daphne (as a minor) gets involved with an older coworker and it is implied that they sleep together. This is portrayed negatively.
- A boy cheats on his girlfriend. This is shown for several seconds, though not explicit, and repeated in flashbacks.
- A main character loses her virginity. This is discussed in many conversations.
- A young engaged couple who is waiting until marriage to have sex is encouraged by a parent to do it and see if they still want to get married. They take her advice and are shown in bed together the next morning.
- Katherine beings writing steamy books based on stories she's heard through her husband's previous job as a baseball star.
- A character takes the morning after pill after forgetting to use protection, and this is discussed in several conversations.
- Adults are shown in bed together.
Violence & Gore
- Some vandalism.
- A main character dies.
- Some small cussing, such as ass, hell, damn, bitch.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Teen characters occasionally drink.
- A main adult character struggles with alcoholism.
- In the wake of tragedy, Daphne tries cocaine.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Many people yell at each other. Bay and Daphne often throw emotional fits.