A Dog's Purpose (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 10 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for thematic elements and some peril|
Sex & Nudity
- None. There are no sex or nudity shown in this movie. It's completely family drama. One brief kissing scene between teenage boy(Ethan) and girl(Hannah) in the car;fully clothed. Just short scene. Likewise nothing sexual happens among them.
Violence & Gore
- In one scene, a boys father shows up to say hello to his son at his big football game. (The dad abuses his family earlier while being drunk And is unwanted) His son tries to stick up for the dad after other boys tease him for being drunk all the time. The boys fight letting out large punches and pushes showing large bloody gashes on the kids face.
- A man who wants to get back at his schoolmate, throws a lit firecracker into the latters house, unintentionally causing a fire. The schoolmate then breaks his leg in a fall while trying to escape from the fire. The man that started the fire is upsettingly interrogated and tackled onscreen.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man drinks.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Some of the scenes in this movie can be very sad
- The film touches on the themes of death and separation as it follows the dog, Bailey, as it is reborn several times as different breeds of dogs.
- There are some emotional scenes when each of these dogs passes away.
- A man who wants to get back at his schoolmate, throws a lit firecracker into the latters house, unintentionally causing a fire. The schoolmate then breaks his leg in a fall while trying to escape from the fire.
Violence & Gore
- A dog is shot. The scene is very sad and blood is shown.