Moonrise Kingdom (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for sexual content and smoking|
Sex & Nudity
- Brief shot of topless woman washing her hair we see no nudity we only see the side of her breast we never seen anything else (kind of in the background, although it is the only thing being shown as the camera is panning across different rooms of the house) - it's difficult to see much detail but at the same,she is topless.
- A boy and girl are dancing in their underwear. They kiss several times, including French kissing. They embrace, the girl noting that the boy has an erection. This scene is shown only from the waist up, thus it is not seen. She tells him that he can feel her chest. He puts a hand on one of her breasts (over her bra). She says that she thinks they will grow more, and then he puts his other hand on her other breast. This scene lasts for one and a half minutes.
- A 12-year-old boy, wearing shorts and a T-Shirt, and a 12-year-old girl, in her underwear, wake up inside a tent. It is not clear that anything happened beyond falling asleep and embracing.
- Several boys discuss another boy's relations with a girl. One boy says that they got to third base, another says that he only felt her up, and another asks whether it was overshirt or undershirt. They are interrupted before they can discuss this any further.
- A watercolor painting of a naked girl climbing into a bathtub is briefly shown, but with no explicit nudity.
- A 12-year-old boy paints a 12-year-old girl as she lies in her underwear.
Violence & Gore
- A girl shoots an arrow at a boy. His arm is shown, bloody but not gory, and only briefly.
- Boys carry around lethal-looking weapons, including an axe, a bow and arrow, and an air rifle.
- A boy attempts to run over another boy with a motorcycle. The scene cuts away right before the motorcycle is about to hit the boy, who later turns out to have survived unscathed.
- It is stated that a boy is stabbed in the side with a pair of scissors, but the stabbing is not shown. Blood can be seen around the wound later, and it is later shown that he is okay.
- It is stated that a dog is shot with an arrow, but the shooting is not shown. The dog's bloody body can be briefly seen.
- An explosion of fireworks lightly injures a man.
- A boy is struck by lightning, but is otherwise fine besides being a bit frazzled.
- A boy pierces a girl's ears with two earrings made of fish hooks. Some light blood shown.
- A boy attempts to hurt another boy by repeatedly poking at his bandaged wound.
- Most violence in the movie is rather comical and not very intense.
- Mild profanity is used throughout the film by children and adults. "Bitch" is used a few times, as well as 3 religious profanities and 3 religious exclamations.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A scout leader, a police officer and a few other characters smoke cigarettes throughout the film. A 12-year-old boy smokes a pipe on a couple of occasions.
- It is implied that one of the characters has a drinking problem, and he can often be seen with alcoholic drinks.
- An adult offers some beer to a 12-year-old and the 12-year-old drinks it, though he does not take more than a couple sips.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- There is an intense storm scene towards the end which imperils some children, and could be distressing for younger viewers.
- Some viewers might be upset by the death of a dog (See Violence & Gore).
- A boy pierces a girl's ears with two fishhooks. Some light blood shown (See Violence & Gore).