Killer Joe (2011)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 18 items
|MPAA||Rated R for strong and disturbing violence, sexuality, graphic nudity, drug use and language|
Sex & Nudity
- A nude man threatens another man with a gun. His bare buttocks are seen in close-up and in a lengthy shot as he walks out of the room. No penis is shown.
- A sex scene takes place. Brief and containing no nudity
- A woman in a sweater & no underwear flaunts around. We see in-your-face pubic area. Frontal pubic hair visible.
- Woman's rear end also visible, nipples seen through clothes.
- Girl is shown fully nude as she is asked to strip down, man gets behind & grinds on her. See is implied but scene cuts off.
- A girl is asked to strip down and she nude breasts and pubic hair are shown the man goes up behind her then the scene cuts off graphic but only lasts about a minute
- Bare breasts are shown briefly in a strip club
Violence & Gore
- A man is brutally beaten by bikers. His face gets covered in blood, his arm gets broken, and he almost dies
- A man is shot in the stomach
- A man is shot in the neck
- A woman's corpse is put in a car, then, the car is set in fire and it explodes
- Strong bloody depictions of violence, gore, and torture are depicted.
- There are several scenes of strong violence which include terrorisation of individuals.
- An example of a scene involves Joe repeatedly punching a man's face before hitting it several times with a tin can, leaving the latter's face bloodied and bruised.
- In another scene, Joe gives a woman a hard punch on her nose (causing it to heavily bleed across her face), and then forces her to perform simulated oral sex on a fried chicken drumstick that he positions at his crotch. The prolonged sequence shows the terrified woman sucking the drumstick and is made to moan during the process, as Joe mimics reaching a climax.
- The film features frequent use of expletives such as 'motherf**ker', 'f**k', 'dick' and 'p*ssy', mostly for emphasis, in an aggressive manner, and at times in a sexual context.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Drugs are mentioned and are smoked. People drink often. Cigarettes are smoked often
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Very intense. Constant threat of violence and unpredictability.