13 Minutes (2015)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 9 items
|MPAA||Rated R for disturbing violence and some sexuality|
Sex & Nudity
- The film contains a brief sexual scene where it is strongly implied that a woman is masturbating the protagonist.
- Although only upper body shots of them are seen, the woman's hand movements and the man's expressions clearly indicate that a sexual act is taking place.
Violence & Gore
- The portrayal of infliction of pain and injuries is depicted with some detail of blood and gore, but it is not prolonged or frequent.
- One of the stronger scenes depicts the protagonist being tortured during an interrogation where he is repeatedly caned on the back.
- It is later implied that a sharp needle had been inserted into his finger.
- Although the actual infliction of injury is not seen after the first strike, there is a brief depiction of the aftermath where the protagonist's bloodied back is seen.
- The effect of the torture is also clearly evident from the protagonist's intense reactions.
- Another scene depicts a man being executed by hanging.
- There are brief close up shots of a wire being tightened around his neck before he is hung, and the camera remains on the man's body as he struggles and twitches before going still.