Despicable Me 2 (2013)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 19 items
|MPAA||Rated PG for rude humor and mild action|
Sex & Nudity
- When Agnes says to Gru "I know what makes you a boy", Gru thinks that Agnes knows it's his privates. But Agnes then says it's his "bald head".
Violence & Gore
- Most of the violence is comedic.
- The violence is similar to Looney Tunes. There are explosions, fire, crashes etc, but the characters manage to survive without serious injuries.
- Minions receive purple injections and change into snarling, purple frazzle-haired zombies with raggedy teeth; they eat anything, including tricycles, bushes, a whole front yard and a police car; one of them chases two little girls and bites the bottom of a stuffed unicorn; many more minions are injected and become the same zombie creatures,
- Eduardo "El Macho" Perez drinks a purple serum, known as the PX-41 serum, and becomes a big, shaggy purple monster with a black beard. He chases Gru, who falls from a roof and onto a scaffold. As Gru dodges the scaffold, El Macho picks it up, and drops it as he roars at Gru and the Minions. Dr. Nefario then fires a "fart gun" to make him pass out after being shot with Lucy's Lipstick Taser, which Gru uses on him (he convulses briefly).
- Eduardo pulls a knife and says someone will die in his restaurant tonight while Pollito, Eduardo's chicken, pecks at Gru and Lucy. As Eduardo spots them, he pulls out 10 knives, but is hit by Lucy's car. He falls down unhurt.
- Lucy, an Anti-Villain League (AVL) agent, argues with Gru on the sidewalk of his house and uses her Lipstick Taser on him. She later uses it on two minions that fall into her car.
- During closing credits, a black panel opens on screen as Bob lights a fuse with a cigarette lighter and the fuse burns up to a firecracker. As the panel closes, we hear an explosion and we see the outlines of Kevin, Bob and Stuart embedded in the panel. The panel opens and they are dirty, but they appear to be OK. They argue for several seconds, and break a sign over one's head, but do no long-term damage.
- In two scenes, a fart gun fires a big blast of brown smoke toward the audience.
- Jillian points out that a woman's husband died, and Gru sprays her with a water hose twice.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Minions drink 'cocktails' and act drunkenly.
- El macho drinks whiskey and pours snake poison with a snake.
- Margaritas are served at a celebration (no one actually drinks).
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The purple minions can be frightening to children.
- Lucy is transferred to the Australian Branch for the AVL. The separation between them is VERY upsetting and may make some cry.
- El macho dives into a volcanoe riding a shark with 200 pounds of dynamite strapped to him
- Very mild scary scenes, but you may barely notice.
- In a scene Felonius Gru says what the heck when finding kevin the minion.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- When Kevin as a purple minion is about to eat the unicorn, Agnes screams in a loud, high-pitched, insane way. This can scare some. This will scare young children.