Now You See Me (I) (2013)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 24 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for language, some action and sexual content|
Sex & Nudity
- A drawing of a topless woman in a book.
- A brief mention of masturbation.
- A woman vigorously kisses a man while entering the room. She quickly takes off her dress down to her bra & underwear. The man is fully clothed. No other nudity is shown. The woman tries to seduce the man but he stops her. She gets dressed and leaves.
- ::Extended Version:: A woman shown from behind flashing her breasts briefly for a second in a scene showing Mardi Gras party-goers. After a cutaway, the man behind her covers her breasts with his hands. In the background, so it can be easy to miss.
- A man and a woman briefly kiss.
- Several adults (none of whom are married) are on a private jet and a man suggstions that he and a woman have sex. He briefly describes the sex. (The scene is no more than a minute long).
Violence & Gore
- FBI agents chase three people to a rooftop and tackle the only to find mannequins in their places. No injuries.
- A magician dives into a tank of piranhas, shouts that she needs help and a man tries unsuccessfully to break the glass with a large pipe; the water turns blood red and the watching crowd screams.
- Two men fight with kicks and punches resulting in broken glass and furniture and damaged walls: they seem to throw fireballs at one another, having rolled near a lit fireplace, and then stand up and swing at each other; one man escapes by throwing playing cards like ninja stars and the other a man is shown with bleeding cuts on his face; while in the kitchen, another man is stuck with his jacket sleeves pulled behind him and stuck into a running garbage disposer (he escapes unharmed).
- In an extended chase sequence, agents and a SWAT team chase four magicians on foot and then in cars; three fistfights end with police detectives handcuffed to each other as the magicians escape, cars swerve in and out of traffic on the streets and a highway and one car crashes into a bridge railing, rolls a dozen times and is left smoking and flaming until an agent rushes to pull out the driver but cannot do it and runs away when a giant explosion fills the screen with flames and smoke, blowing the agent and others out of the shot (we later see some blood on their hands and forehead). The body is relatively unharmed. He mostly just looks unconcious.
- An Interpol agent points a handgun at an unarmed fugitive.
- An FBI agent pulls a handgun and shoots at a magician on a crowded rooftop performance area but another agent knocks the gun off target as it fires.
- 'F*ck' is said once.
- A man makes a profane gesture with his two middle-fingers ('the bird').
- 'Sh*t' is said at least twice.
- '*ss' is said at least twice.
- The Lord's name is taken in vain several times, including 'Jesus' said once, 'Christ' said once, and 'God' said seven times.
- A joke about masturbation.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A man is seen drinking in a bar, but not that much.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Several crimes are committed throughout the film by the protagonists.
- At the beginning of the movie a woman is trapped in piranha tank. She screams for help, but the onlookers cannot free her, and the water turns blood-red.
- During an action scene, one man puts another man's sleeves into a sink garbage disposal and turns it on. It appears as though the man's hands are are about to be cut.
- The action scenes, like the car chase, are intense.
Violence & Gore
- Four magicians run off a stage and a police officer pulls his handgun and yells "freeze" until a dozen men and women pile on top of the officer.