Cut Bank (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 33 items
|MPAA||Rated R for violence and language|
Sex & Nudity
- Some brief kissing between a man and a woman about 3 times.
- woman in short skirt dances suggestively on stage
- It's implied that a man is looking at cheerleaders in short skirts with binoculars. Nothing bad happens or is seen.
- A few mild references scattered about. Nothing bad.
Violence & Gore
- The movie is not as intense or graphic as it sounds.
- A man appears to be shot at close range twice with a gun while video record is made on the case.
- Several scenes where people hold each other at gunpoint.
- A man throws a cup at another man's face, breaking his nose, we see his nose bleeding.
- Several bloody animal corpses are found in a cellar of a taxidermy shop. It may be quite frightening.
- A man chokes another man quite aggressively and throws him to the ground in a pub.
- A man is acting in a psychopatic way thoughout the movie, this may be frightening for some younger viewers.
- A man holds another man at gunpoint with a lever action rifle.
- A man holds a young woman at gunpoint.
- Some other mild fighting scenes occur, and quite a lot of agression throughout the movie.
- Strong, (FU*K and its other versions) and mild language throughout the movie.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A male character is seen smoking a cigarette in one scene.
- A woman also smokes in one scene.
- A character is chewing tobacco on two occasions in the film. Another mentions it would kill him.
- Several people are seen drinking in a pub.
- A man seems to have drunk a lot of beer, beer cans can be seen in a full trash can.
- Drunk people are mentioned once.
- A man asks another man if he has used drugs.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Several bloody fights, including fistfights, shootouts, knife fight, and so on. Several people die in various ways, including main characters.
- A man who is said to be a hermit, has a quite menacing appearance, he stutters, and acts in a psychopatic way throughout the movie, which may frighten younger viewers.
- There are two or three scenes where carcasses of animals are shown, with blood also portrayed, which is quite disturbing.
- The house and cellar (taxidermy shop) of a man contains lots of stuffed animals, carcasses, frightening posed artificial human forms and so on.
- A main character's father seems to have a serious disease including the need for an intibated breathing machine, he can't move or speak. It is quite moving.
Violence & Gore
- A fight occurs between two men, they choke, kick and beat each other, then one of them pushes the other's head into a knife that is stuck in the wall, killing him. His bloody corpse is seen on two occasions, the sheriff who finds him vomits because of the scenery.
- A man is hit in the back of the neck by another man with a bolt cutter (only the bloody aftermath is seen). Later he is found alive, and treated in a hospital.
- A man is killed with a cats paw (a type of crow bar). We hear the sounds of him struggling but we don't see the actual action. Later his bloody body and exagerrated wounds are shown.
- A young man and a young woman are tied up, later plastic shipping envelopes are put on their heads and their throats are duct taped by a man so they would suffocate. Later they are found and magically the plastic envelopes are ripped off.
- Two men engage in a gunfight while one is driving away in a car, the other shoots at the driver, he drives his car into a tree and he dies.
- A corpse is shot in the chest twice with a silenced pistol.