The Suicide Shop (2012)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 8 items
Sex & Nudity
- A boy and his friends watch his older sister dance nude from an outside window. Nipples and butt are shown. The boy's mother discovers a sketchbook with nude sketches of his sister.
Violence & Gore
- Some characters are shown dying in a cartoony fashion. No blood or gore is shown.
- A father imagines strangling his son, jumping on him and throwing him over a fence. He never attempts it.
- The word "shit" is spoken a few times in French (e.g. "merde").
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A father offers his son a cigarette and encourages him to start smoking as a feeble attempt to kill him. He starts smoking. His father gives him a pack and encourages him to share with his friends. The boy offers a cigarette to his friends, but they decline and tell him they cause cancer.
- Some people are shown drinking an unlabelled bottle of poison to commit suicide.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The voice and themes of the PSY song can be upsetting.
- Though the main plot revolves around a store that sells products for committing suicide, there are no frightening/intense scenes. Some people may be offended by the movie's cartoon visuals and use of musical performances to lighten a dark plot.