The Dark Tower (2017)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 24 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for thematic material including sequences of gun violence and action.|
Sex & Nudity
Violence & Gore
- Not a lot of blood or gore, but general fantasy/action violence - lots of gun fighting, with bodies falling and hand to hand type combat. Many magic based attacks.
- lots of closeups of guns being fired and reloaded.
- Character burns the face of another person, leaving a red mark.
- 2 kids get into a fist fight
- Several characters will themselves to die after being influenced by magic (non-violent/gory)
- Character commands several people to die or kill others (non-gory).
- Several characters are burned to death (not seen)
- Man lays dying in a field
- Man is shot with bullets, a hole shows in his head and jacket (no blood)
- Man is stabbed in hand with glass, blood around wound
- Dead bodies seen scattered on ground in several scenes
- Character is stabbed in the back with a knife
- Monster stabs man with stinger, the wound isn't really seen, but it makes sickly veins stand out on his arm.
- Innocents are attacked and killed by bad guys
- Characters are shot, occasional blood spray, but not graphic.
- A woman drinks red liquid out of a cup, possibly blood but not stated.
- There was one use of Oh Shit., one 'Jesus', 2 'christ sakes'
- not that I remember. Possibly light usage like damn or hell.
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- A wounded character takes a lot of prescribed pain killers (done for comedic effect). A character drinks red liquid out of a wine glass in a club
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Intense scenes of kids being kidnapped and strapped into medical type chairs, often in distress.
- Several intense scenes of monster attacks - monsters are frightening looking.
- Many characters are animalistic looking and have "fake skin", these "skin masks" hang up in a shop.
- Characters lose family members and are distressed and sometimes see visions of their loved ones.
- Official ratings included below by IMDB.