Once Upon a Time in Queens (2013) - News Poster

News

Southern Charm’s Kathryn Dennis Leaves Rehab Vowing to Get ‘Back on Track’ amid Bitter Custody Battle

Southern Charm’s Kathryn Dennis Leaves Rehab Vowing to Get ‘Back on Track’ amid Bitter Custody Battle
Kathryn Dennis has had a bumpy road back to Charleston.

In an exclusive sneak peek at Monday’s season 4 premiere of Southern Charm, the embattled mother of two makes a surprise call to Craig Conover, her last ally in the Palmetto City, to announce that she’s returning after an extended absence and no shortage of personal drama.

“I’m back in Charleston officially,” says Dennis. “I’m trying to get my life back on track, you know, do the right thing, make the right choices, all that good stuff.”

Dennis has two children — Kensie, 3, and Saint, almost 18 months — with ex and costar Thomas Ravenel,
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Shailene Woodley not interested in Divergent TV show

Off the back of an underwhelming box office run for The Divergent Series: Allegiant, Lionsgate announced back in July that it had scrapped its plans for a theatrical release for the fourth and final chapter, Ascendant, instead opting to go down the television route to finish the Ya adaptation with a TV movie (and a potential series spinoff).

The announcement was news to star Shailene Woodley, who revealed that she hadn’t been informed about the change of plans prior to the story breaking. The actress has now been discussing the project with Screen Rant, and by the sounds of it, we shouldn’t expect to see her reprising the role of Tris Prior on the small screen.

Last I heard they were trying to make it into a television show,” said Woodley. “I didn’t sign up to be in a television show. Out of respect to the studio and everyone involved,
See full article at Flickeringmyth »

Shailene Woodley Doesn’t Seem Too Keen On That Divergent TV Series

When news broke that Lionsgate had mapped out plans to repackage The Divergent Series for a TV finale, a fair portion of the franchise’s fanbase were understandably peeved.

Three films into the dystopian tentpole and with Ascendant tentatively pegged for 2017 release, it was the departure of director Robert Schwentke that ruffled feathers as the first sign of trouble. Some months later, and after the studio officially opted to shift its Ya series to the small screen, lead stars Miles Teller and Shailene Woodley started to cast doubt over whether they would see out Divergent to the end now that Lionsgate is angling its blockbuster for another medium.

A TV finale, one that arguably sends the cult franchise out on a whimper rather than a bang, wasn’t part of their initial contracts, after all, and while doing the press rounds for Oliver Stone’s Oscar-tipped Snowden, Woodley reaffirmed that she’s harboing some apprehensions.
See full article at We Got This Covered »

Shailene Woodley Isn't Interested in Appearing in That Divergent TV Series

Not long ago, we learned that the final Divergent movie had been downgraded from a theatrical release to a made-for-tv movie that's intended to set up a TV show spin-off. This news came as a shock to practically everyone involved, since the final film, Ascendant, was previously scheduled to hit theaters next summer. But because of poor box office performance, Lionsgate has decided that a TV show seems like the best way to continue the story without taking on the massive risk of losing millions of dollars on an unnecessary theatrical release when the audience just isn't showing up for this franchise any more.

Actress Shailene Woodley, who plays Tris in the films, spoke with ScreenRant about the future of the franchise and her potential involvement, and it doesn't sound good:

Last I heard they were trying to make it into a television show. I didn’t sign up to be in a television show.
See full article at GeekTyrant »

Shailene Woodley Doesn't Want a Divergent TV Movie Sequel

  • MovieWeb
Shailene Woodley Doesn't Want a Divergent TV Movie Sequel
Back in July, reports surfaced that Lionsgate's final Divergent movie, The Divergent Series: Ascendant, will skip theaters entirely, airing as a TV movie that will set up a spinoff series. The news took Shailene Woodley by surprise this summer, revealing in an interview that she had just gotten off a plane when hearing the news. While no official details about this Divergent TV movie have been announced, Shailene Woodley has made it clear that she has no intention of joining a TV series.

Both Shailene Woodley and Miles Teller wouldn't clarify their stance on the TV movie one way or another after the news broke this summer, but during an interview with Screen Rant, while promoting her new film Snowden, Shailene Woodley seemingly hasn't heard any updates since the initial rumor surfaced. If the studio still does plan on turning the franchise into a TV spinoff series, Shailene Woodley does
See full article at MovieWeb »

Shailene Woodley on 'Ascendant': 'I didn't sign up to be in a TV show'

  • Hitfix
Shailene Woodley on 'Ascendant': 'I didn't sign up to be in a TV show'
Back in July, it was reported that Ascendant -- the final film in the waning Divergent series whose last installment Allegiant seriously underperformed at the box office -- would instead be released as a TV movie and potentially feed into a small-screen spinoff series. This was news to Divergent star Shailene Woodley, who, after presumably thinking it over, decided she's not particularly keen on the dystopian prospect of starring in a TV sequel to her own movie. As she told Screen Rant while doing press rounds for Oliver Stone's Snowden: "Last I heard they were trying to make it into a television show. I didn’t sign up to be in a television show. Out of respect to the studio and everyone in involved, they may have changed their mind and may be doing something different, but I’m not necessarily interested in doing a television show." While
See full article at Hitfix »

Han Solo Spinoff Film Looking To Cast Non-White Female Lead?

It's no secret that the original Star Wars trilogy is about as white as white bread. With the exception of Lando Calrissian, there isn't really a single person of color on screen (excluding James Earl Jones' voice, of course). I'm not here to demonize or hate on Lucas for that. Times were different back in the 1970s and 1980s, and what's done is done. However, with last year's Star Wars: The Force Awakens, Disney and Lucasfilm managed to diversify its cast in both sex and color.

This is a trend they are continuing with Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, which is another film with a female lead. In addition, the main cast for that film looks to be as racially diverse as could be, consisting of Chinese actor Jian Wheng, Hong Kong actor star Donnie Yen, Mexican actor Diego Luna, and British Muslim actor Riz Ahmed.

Well, it
See full article at LRM Online »

Is Star Wars Han Solo Movie Casting Sana Solo?

Is Star Wars Han Solo Movie Casting Sana Solo?
We know that Han Solo didn't meet Princess Leia until Star Wars: A New Hope, so some assumed that the notorious Space Pirate was living the swinging single life up until that point. Some even speculated that Han Solo: A Star Wars Story, which takes place a decade before A New Hope, wouldn't have time to introduce a love interest. As it turns out, that may not be the case. It is being reported today that the movie is narrowing in on a female lead, and it may be a character that is already part of the newly established canon.

According to Mashable's Jeff Sneider, the search for Han Solo's female lead is down to 4 actresses. None of which are named. Though it is said that none of them are white. Last night it was revealed that a Young Lando Calrissian is also being cast for the movie, which follows Disney,
See full article at MovieWeb »

Things Aren't Looking Good for Sony's The Last of Us and Uncharted Movies

  • Cinelinx
It's been a while since we've heard anything regarding the upcoming adaptations for Sony's The Last of Us and Uncharted, but this week brings a quick one from Naughty Dog's Neil Druckmann...but it's not good news.  Come inside to check out the latest on these video game films. 

If you've been looking forward to seeing Naughty Dog's amazing video game stories come to life on the big screen, I wish I had better news for you.  Uncharted has been in the works for a Long while, cycling through many directors and release dates (currently it is supposed to hit on June 30, 2017).  The Last of Us was announced a couple years ago during Sdcc with some awesome sounding talent attached...but since then all has been quiet on the movie adaptation.  

This week we got some explanation from Neil Druckmann, Naughty Dog producer and Last of Us screenwriter,
See full article at Cinelinx »

"Last of Us," "Uncharted" Films Both Stalled?

There's almost no game developer with a greater reputation than Naughty Dog. From the "Uncharted" series to "The Last of Us," the studio's video games have been amongst the most acclaimed titles of the past decade.

Film adaptations of their properties, something that seems a logical extension considering their knack for cinematic narratives, have not been so lucky. The film version of "Uncharted" has had a troubled genesis over the years at Sony Pictures as attached talent has come and gone. A film version of "The Last of Us," to be produced by Sam Raimi and penned by the game's writer and director Neil Druckmann, was announced almost two years ago to much excitement.

Yet this week we've learned that both films appear to have stalled. Speaking with IGN, Druckmann says that nothing on "The Last of Us" film has moved much since that mid-2014 announcement:

"I know I said
See full article at Dark Horizons »

Naughty Dog Executive Touches Base On Sony’s Long-Gestating Uncharted Movie

Despite showing early signs of promise, things don’t look too rosy when it comes to Sony’s live-action rendition of The Last of Us, after Naughty Dog Creative Director Neil Druckmann conceded that the feature film has all but entered development hell in the past year or so.

Alas, it’s a similar story when it comes to the publisher’s long-gestating Uncharted movie, with numerous actors and directors – including Mark Wahlberg, David O. Russell and Baywatch helmer Seth Gorden – ducking out of the project before it could make the defining leap from Sony’s proverbial drawing board.

More News From The Web

During an interview with IGN, Druckmann noted that although there was once a script in the works, the Naughty Dog team “haven’t seen anything in a while,” indicating that it too has been placed on ice over at Sony.

“Every once in a while they
See full article at We Got This Covered »

An Open Letter to the Tribeca Film Festival about Vaxxed

Tribeca Film Festival, I love you but you made a very serious mistake. On Monday, the widely discredited and dangerous anti-vaccination quack Andrew Wakefield tweeted: “Haven’t posted forever. Huge news tomorrow.” Perhaps he hadn’t “posted forever” because the media finally stopped giving him a megaphone. Perhaps once people in America and England began dying of measles, journalists finally realized that the “two sides to every story” approach granted Wakefield was literally killing people. Last I heard, Wakefield was headlining Conspira-Sea, a seven-day cruise where passengers learn about crop circles, chemtrails, yogic flying, Esp and astrology. Good, I thought, that’s where […]
See full article at Filmmaker Magazine »

Writer Talks 'World War Z' Sequel

I admit, I was one of the skeptics before I watched World War Z. I loved Max Brooks' book, and, from what I'd heard of the film, it felt like too much of a departure. I ended up enjoying Wwz quite a bit, and with a worldwide gross of over $500,000,000 it appears I wasn't the only one.

It should come as no shock that a sequel is in the works. Last I heard Brad Pitt was returning, but after a comment from World War Z 2's writer, I'm not so sure.

Steven Knight (Eastern Promises, Dirty Pretty Things) has been tasked with penning the sequel. I'm a recent interview with Thompson on Hollywood, Knight had the following to say about WWZ2:

"I thought, 'why not? What fun.' It’s not quite like the other, we're starting with clean slate. When they've signed off we're on."

Does
See full article at LRM Online »

Teen Couple from Kentucky on Runaway Crime Spree Through the South

  • PEOPLE.com
Star-crossed teen lovers are giving police a chase from Kentucky through Georgia and South Carolina. On Jan. 3, Cheyenne Phillips, 13, was reported missing by her father, Kentucky's Grayson County Sheriff Norman Chaffins tells People. "At that time, we were just searching for her as a missing person," Chaffins says. "We had no clue that her boyfriend was involved." It was more than a week later, on Saturday, that police heard Phillips and her 18-year-old boyfriend, Dalton Hayes, had crashed through farm gates in a stolen Ford pickup. "We searched for them in the woods and found a piece of Dalton's clothing,
See full article at PEOPLE.com »

Russo Brothers Could Direct The Avengers 3 and 4 - Possible Story Details

Last night huge news hit that Robert Downey Jr. has signed on to star in Captain America 3, which would jump start Marvel's Civil War storyline in their cinematic universe. A lot of fans are extremely excited about all of this. I know I am!

Joe and Anthony Russo are the directors who brought us Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which was an amazing movie. They are now in the process of bringing the highly anticipated Captain America 3 to the screen. It sounds like the Marvel movies they direct wont stop there. If Joss Whedon decides not to come back to direct Avengers 3 and 4, the Russo brothers may be the guys to jump in and replace him. The rumor comes from Badass Digest who says,

"How closely will Captain America 3 tie in with Avengers 3? I’ve been told that the Russo Brothers are in talks to direct Avengers
See full article at GeekTyrant »

Jeremy Renner Comments on Matt Damon Returning to Jason Bourne Franchise

It was recently announced that Universal Pictures is in talks with Matt Damon and "The Bourne Ultimatum" director Paul Greengrass to return for another installment in the "Jason Bourne" franchise, possibly replacing Jeremy Renner's "The Bourne Legacy" sequel. Now that he's promoting "Kill the Messenger," Renner was asked whether he wants to star alongside Damon in a new "Bourne" film. "That's my hope. That's my dream. Will it happen? I do not know," he answered. "Last I heard is that Paul and Matt have cracked an idea, a reason to continue the 'Bourne' series." Renner continued: "We're still working on the Aaron Cross section of that and the worlds will definitely - hopefully - collide and they're still a part of each other. I think it makes it really exciting that I think even Universal is sort of like 'this is really fantastic news,' because now it's kind
See full article at Worst Previews »

David Mackenzie interview: Starred Up, Rupert Friend, Journey Into Space

The director of Starred Up takes us through the release of the film, and adapting Journey Into Space...

An indie movie that broke out earlier this year was David Mackenzie's extraordinary prison drama Starred Up. Powered by a superb performance from Jack O'Connell, it's a brutal, unflinching look at the prison system, albeit with human light shone in there. As it arrives on DVD and Blu-ray, director David Mackenzie spared us some time to look back at the movie, and what he was looking to achieve with it...

Going back to the cinema release of Starred Up. You got strong reviews, and a relatively wide release. Given the subject matter of the film, it seemed like your distributor backed it quite hard.

When you started it, you can't really have envisaged it'd be a huge commercial project. But Starred Up ended up with a relatively high profile.

I was
See full article at Den of Geek »

Blu-ray Review – Ginger Snaps (Scream Factory)

The werewolf film is a strange thing. You’d think, being such a well-known movie monster, that there would be millions of examples of the type. However, there is not. I’m not even saying that there aren’t a ton of examples of great werewolf films, I’m saying there are barely any werewolf films at all. A long time ago, we did an article on this site to coincide with the theatrical release of one of the Twilight sequels. It was a list of 30 films, 15 of which were werewolf films, and 15 of them were vampire films, to watch instead of seeing the new Twilight. The hardest part about finding 15 worthy vampire films, was narrowing it down to 15. The hardest part of putting together a list of 15 sold werewolf films was a different beast entirely. It was hard to put together even a list of 15 mediocre werewolf films. Sure,
See full article at The Liberal Dead »

'Foxcatcher', 'Big Eyes', 'Maze Runner', 'Deliver Us from Evil' and More in Today's MPAA Ratings

It's a massive update this morning that includes Sony's remake of Annie and The Hundred-Foot Journey as your lone PG ratings. Tim Burton's possible Oscar contender Big Eyes along with the young adult adaptation The Maze Runner are your PG-13 entrants, while the R-ratings include As Above, So Below, James Franco's Child Of God, new Dr. Strange director, Scott Derrickson's Deliver Us From Evil, Cannes standout Foxcatcher and Anton Corbijn's A Most Wanted Man. Like I said, it's a big one, all the new ratings are listed below. America Rated PG-13 For violent images. Annie Rated PG For some mild language and rude humor. Release Date: December 19, 2014 As Above, So Below Rated R For bloody violence/terror, and language throughout. Release Date: August 15, 2014 Big Eyes Rated PG-13 For thematic elements and brief strong language. Release Date: December 25, 2014 Born To Race: Fast Track Rated PG For action,
See full article at Rope Of Silicon »

Now You See Me 2 Is Still Without A Script, Says Dave Franco

When Now You See Me came out last year, it became a surprise hit, taking in over $350 million worldwide. Not bad for a film that cost just $75 million. Of course, a sequel was quickly given the green light and now, it gearing up to start filming at the end of the year. Or at least, that’s what we’re being told.

While doing press for his new film Neighbors (which is absolutely hilarious) Dave Franco was asked by Cinema Blend what the status of the project was. He said that filming is still supposed to get underway later this year, and that he’s already heard a pitch of the story.

Last I heard, we were still going at the end of this year. … I’ve heard a pitch of the story. It’s actually going to be really exciting. I was slightly weary, just because you never know
See full article at We Got This Covered »
An error has occured. Please try again.

See also

Showtimes | External Sites