In Time (2011)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 22 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for violence, some sexualty and partial nudity, and strong language|
Sex & Nudity
- A man and a woman are playing strip poker on a bed. The woman removes her jacket revealing her bra. The two then kiss and thrust upon the bed, though they are both fully clothed. The woman stands up and is shown wearing a thong.
- Two women try to convince one single man to take both of them with him out of a tavern.
- Several women wear skimpy outfits, even in casual situations.
- A man undresses on a beach. We see his bare chest and back.
- A woman's naked body is very briefly seen when she goes skinny dipping.
- A man and a woman kiss in a car.
- A man and a woman kiss in many scenes. . A man attempts to touch a woman's hip, speaking of "taking her". She hits his hand and he takes it from her.
Violence & Gore
- Lifespan time is used as currency. People die when their countdown clocks hit 0. When someone's clock hit 0, victims look as if they were stricken by a sudden heart attack - a gasp, a grimace, and they're gone. Extremely sudden. No possible way to prolong life after that is shown.
- Deceased people are shown in the streets and alleys getting little to no notice. No blood or violence is shown on them. Just dead out of lack of "time" in their clocks, and nobody cares.
- A man is suddenly hit by a bathroom door, knocking him down.
- A man kidnaps a woman at gunpoint. She is forcibly dragged through as a house and some men are punched to the ground by her kidnapper.
- A man and a woman get into a serious car accident, they survive with just a couple minor bruises.
- Various characters are threatened with guns and/or shot. One man is shot in the back of the head -no blood is visible. A character is shot in the shoulder -a bit of blood is shown.
- A handful of folks "fight" for one another's time, in what looks like a willpower (arm wrestling) contest. The loser ends up dead. This is shown and mentioned in several scenes.
- One use of the 'f' word, 3 instances of the 's' word, and other cursing too.
- Justin Timberlake says to himself: (Un-F******-Believable!).
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- Will's rich friend shares a flask of something with him. It's a very strong, unidentified drink that improves its flavour after several shots.
- Some scenes take place in a bar where alcoholic drinks are present.
- Some short instances of wine and champagne drinking in party-like environments.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- The overall film is intense due the constant peril in even the most common situation just because of lack of lifespan.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- A man and a woman run towards each other, and the woman is too late to reach the man's arms, dying in his hands. This scene is quite intense, for the characters are pressured under little time.
- There is a scene that a man climbs on a bridge waiting for his time to end, in the end he dies and falls off the bridge. It may be a bit tense for younger viewers, but there is nothing violent or bloody in this scene.