Edge of Tomorrow (2014)
Parents GuideAdd to guide
Showing all 23 items
|MPAA||Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi action and violence, language and brief suggestive material|
Sex & Nudity
- No sex or nudity is present. There are sexual jokes and conversations, but nothing is shown on-screen.
- A man mentions somebody fights "Balls Out" He says that as the person fights wearing nothing but their armor.
- 00:14:57-00:15:00-A man gears up wearing only his jock strap, then you see his bare buttocks through the gear.
- A man makes a joke about being with two women (sex is not mentioned).
- Two sexual jokes are given.
- In one scene a male character asks a female, that since something is in his blood can it be transferred to her (while making arm thrusting motions). The female character asks "Oh, you mean sex?" then claims she's tried that already (having been in the same situation).
- A female character performs a somewhat sensual maneuver as part of an exercise routine.
- Man and woman kiss.
Violence & Gore
- The movie is intense is 3D since it has many first pov shots and aliens jumping out at the camera.
- Blasting, pummeling images of war, its dead and dying clutter the screen. And because of the looping/time-travel conceit, some characters particularly Cage and Rita are seen being killed over and over again, each death a slight variation of the last.
- In one scene, a character's face is seen melting for about 3 seconds.
- Those deaths are mostly bloodless, but include percussive explosions, impalements from creature tentacles, and images of our heroes being strafed by shrapnel and banged by large mechanical devices and vehicles. A number of times we see Rita lying prone, dead with a glazed-over expression.
- As Rita quickly tries to train Cage and bring him up to speed as a soldier, he's heavily battered. In each case it's recognized that Cage must "die" in order to restart the day and thus get on with the important training process, so Rita casually shoots him in the head whenever he's hurt. (We generally see her point the gun at the camera and pull the trigger, which cuts to Cage waking up on the same day.)
- Quantities of people die in huge explosions. A guy is crushed (several times) by a gigantic crashing transport plane. An airborne transport ship blows up in repeated loops, burning soldiers and sucking them out through a hole torn in the craft's side. Swirling tentacle creatures (called Mimics) grab and throw men and women around like crumpled wads of paper. A man detonates a Mimic with a Claymore land mine held to his chest between them. Two soldiers use a Claymore to destroy a fuel truck, enveloping themselves and a number of the aliens in an eruption of flame and shrapnel. Machine guns and RPGs do their share of damage. A man is knocked out by a Taser and run over by a truck. Rita wields a large sword, using it to hack into the Mimics on a regular basis. Cage is dragged a long distance, dangling outside a fast-moving craft by one arm.
- Near the end of the movie, Rita is mauled by a mimic. A split-second shot of unidentifiable bloody body parts the creature is holding suggests that she has been literally torn apart. Due to the lighting and quick-paced sequence of shots, this is not very visible though.
- 1 instance of 'f**k' (not completely finished), 4 uses of 'shit', and a handful of 'ass', 'bitch', and 'bastard'. Also 1 use of "for Christ's sake".
Alcohol, Drugs & Smoking
- There is one moment where a character asks another person if he's been drinking, but the other person is not drunk at all.
- At one point the main character is seen drinking beer in a bar.
- One mention of wine.
Frightening & Intense Scenes
- Several times throughout the film repeats for example: The main theme of the movie is for the main protagonist to die, revive after his death and learning about new strategics.
- The many deaths of the main protagonist might be frightening.
- The first death of the main character might be frightening to some younger audiences, his face gets melted by an alien's blood.
- Aliens jump out at the camera.