Murder Mystery (2019) Poster

Old fashioned murder mystery on a ship.
dogma-5366814 June 2019
A nice easy breezy murder mystery. Full of fun. Don't count on anything serious or deep here just sit back with your popcorn and a soda and enjoy the movie. Nothing offencive here. Just an adult murder mystery romp. We don't get many like these anymore. Ignore the people who like to criticize everything because they think they are actual critics. Chemistry between Aniston and Sadler is awesome. I hope they make more movies together.
498 out of 647 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good movie
barngoddess414 June 2019
I found this movie very enjoyable it has an Agatha Christie vibe to it Adam sandler and Jennifer aniston have great chemistry it's worth a watch
332 out of 456 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Consistently Entertaining
ryanazzi14 June 2019
It may not be an oscar contender but it's certainly a fun time. Helped by a pretty decent cast, the movie will keep you thoroughly entertained throughout it's run time.
283 out of 393 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
We need more Sandler & Aniston.
TheWalkingDood15 June 2019
Happy Madison at its best. Good comedy and a decent storyline. (Half a star extra for some decent action scenes too)

Sandler and Aniston pair up again in this funny whodunit comedy. Great chemistry from Adam and Jennifer, and the rest of the cast are hilarious and well placed. The action scenes were pretty good and should keep you action comedy fans happy. The jokes are well placed and often and they wont disappoint fans of the genre, not too much toilet humour and back to the good old Sandler days.

Hoping we see more from this great comedy duo.
292 out of 413 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's Sandler and Aniston
mipeach-9940014 June 2019
Good , Bad, OK... It don't matter, these days we hardly see any of these actors in movies anymore, and I miss them. So Critics, stay away. Go find something else to criticize, like Patterson being batman or something.
389 out of 564 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
I expected to hate this
PsychoBeard66620 June 2019
Decent plot. Good performances. Jokes that land. Adam Sandler doesn't scream or shout once. Everything works. Very understated.
152 out of 220 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Good film
sgotham-577-98268014 June 2019
Best Adam sandler film in years, great cast and funny
197 out of 318 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A goofball comedy with heart
robertalancashman14 June 2019
Sandler is back. He goes alright too. I laughed during the film. What else do I need to say. Anniston is a good sort. The movie has just enough mystery to make the murder in the Murder Mystery movie a good mystery murder. Plenty of tropes and cliches but still feels fresh enough, and has just enough romance to be a good one to watch with your lady friend. It's not god tier Sandler like in Sandy Wexler, but it does deliver an entertaining evening in, as opposed to standing outside in the cold.
128 out of 215 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
An Entertaining Murder Mystery Movie
royhectorkabanlit15 June 2019
I liked the movie, I thought it was pretty good. The plot is based on the Agatha Christie novel "Murder on the Orient Express" which the movie did pay tribute to when the main characters rode on a train named "The Orient Express" on its last scene.

I thought the script was quite smart, not only dealing with the murder mystery itself but also tackling the marriage issues between Adam and Jennifer's characters.

Anniston as usual was superb in a comedy role while Sandler at least is funny again after a couple of so-so movies. The glamorous and exotic setting across Europe and aboard a Super Yacht also adds to the movie's value.

I'm not sure if this movie would've survived the Cinema Box Office, but in Netflix's Universe, it works superbly well. Highly recommended.
115 out of 194 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Adequate
richardkiddle19 June 2019
This is like all Jennifer Aniston movies-not terrible and not great but simply average. It will pass the time harmlessly on a rainy day & is entertaining if rather silly & totally unbelievable with it's wafer thin characters. A modern day Agatha Christie story but without the class.
64 out of 105 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Light hearted humor
Daniel-Angus15 June 2019
Light hearted humor. Great laughs with lots of comical twists.

Ignore the trolls and enjoy a few laughs.
102 out of 178 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meh. Can't believe the amount of fake reviews.
TopDawgCritic7 August 2019
Great production value (sets, locations, yachts, etc) and decent directing, but the writing was bland and infantile. No LOL moments and a few smiles, but mainly cheesy humor. Even Sandler and Aniston couldn't save this screenplay. Producers should have put more efforts in the writing than in the fake reviews. A generous 6/10 from me.
64 out of 110 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
A fun who-done-it
Cheshire_Cat_Grin11 August 2019
This film is entertaining, fun, and very enjoyable. This is one of those movies where you can just sit back, unwind, and forget about things for about an hour and a half. The acting is great. The script is engaging. The setting is interesting. The whole family can watch this, but I think it would be more alluring to young adults and up. The story is a who-done-it with some low level comedy mixed in. I enjoyed this movie so much that I'm hoping that there will be a sequel. I don't know, but the way that this film ends.....there could easily be a continuation to Nick and Audrey's story. So far, this is one of my favorite movies this year.
16 out of 24 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
It's terrible but I still enjoyed it
clairemaud14 June 2019
It was over the top but that was kind of the point. Jennifer Aniston and Adam Sandler have good chemistry though
130 out of 253 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Don't believe the hype
sammygbr21 June 2019
Driving to work the radio is on in the car and it says "Murder Mystery, the most number of views" or similar, so I thought it was a top film. It has been done before and done much better. The plot is wafer thin, it seems like a case of throwing in 2 big names and hoping it to reap the rewards. I've watched funnier documentaries
56 out of 104 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Not comedy, a tragedy!!
pedro-jl-pereira24 June 2019
Sandler made very good movies in the 90s but some how he start losing his touch. I think that he doesnt care anymore. The acting is bad, but its a comedy so thats not the important element. Its just not funny at all. Lame and childish jokes, every moment, i didnt smile the hole movie. What are you doing sandler???! Such a waste of money and talent.
44 out of 80 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Meh..
bpashain-0713314 June 2019
I found both Anniston and Sandler to be like nails on a chalkboard in this movie. Their constant bickering and undercutting each other made me cringe. Have you ever spent time with a married couple that squabbles over every little thing, trying to pass off digs at one another as jokes? That would be this movie. I couldn't get past the first hour.
273 out of 567 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
You have to be kidding!!!
djbrow-3384516 June 2019
7/10, 8/10, 9/10? Are you serious? Even accounting for the fact that Adam Sandler is in it (and despite Aniston being in it) there is nothing positive about this movie. Terrible acting, cringeworthy dialogue, stupid plot. Reminds me of B grade movies from the 70's. Do yourself a favour, give it a miss and go watch the grass grow.
334 out of 702 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Absolute RUBBISH!
jan_eration15 June 2019
I honestly haven't seen such a bad film in years! Infantile, badly scripted, badly acted...I'm amazed the whole thing didn't end up on the cutting room floor. I cannot believe that some have said it was good, I can only think we were watching different films. It was making me cringe with embarrassment and I barely managed to finish it.

I've never actually critiqued a film on here before and I'm an avid viewer but felt compelled to save others from losing the time to watch it, awful film.
255 out of 531 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Murder Mystery
henry8-319 June 2019
Sander and Aniston are a married couple who go on a trip to Europe, get involved with billionaires and get framed for the murder of one of them.

It is hard to overstate how awful this film is. They have taken 2 A list stars and sold them not as a typical married couple in an interesting situation but as a dreadful stage double act who banter inane and unfunny rubbish throughout much of which is unintelligible given the current penchant for talking fast and over each other. The plot is dire, the killer obvious, the other characters ridiculous and the climax a real non event.

Really dreadful.
88 out of 172 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Have to stop checking IMBD reviews for movies
ganotranishchay22 June 2019
I watched this because people here were giving it a 6/7/8 . But it's absolute rubbish . Boring, cringeworthy and unentertaining . One of the worst movies on Netflix.
79 out of 156 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Boring and not that funny
tatesfellow23 June 2019
I think I even didn't watch the last ten minutes of the movie, because I got tired and didn't felt the energy to finish the movie. It had some few good moments, but nothing really interesting and funny.
75 out of 148 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Horrible
Isee-stupid-people15 June 2019
How can a high budget comedy be so unfunny? Put 2019 adam sandler in it. Its so unfunny it's actually annoying
193 out of 413 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Terrible
klauslaw17 June 2019
How anyone can say that this is a good movie is beyond me. Total garbage. Sandler should just stop already and I am embarrassed for Jennifer!
53 out of 103 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.
Just unfunny...
x000619 June 2019
A really bad movie, which lacks in large parts any humor and was obviously sponsored by Claritine. Don't watch this movie.
91 out of 186 found this helpful. Was this review helpful? Sign in to vote.